The Student Room Group

Kings college or bristol

i’ve been offered a place for english literature at kings and at bristol, i have visited both and preferred the area of kings better but was really underwhelmed by the course taster day and preferred the one at bristol. I would prefer to live in london but I liked the course at bristol better so i am really struggling on deciding which one to go for. As well as this they both offered me the same entry grades.
Original post by asett20
i’ve been offered a place for english literature at kings and at bristol, i have visited both and preferred the area of kings better but was really underwhelmed by the course taster day and preferred the one at bristol. I would prefer to live in london but I liked the course at bristol better so i am really struggling on deciding which one to go for. As well as this they both offered me the same entry grades.

Why are you going to university in the first place? To further your knowledge of English Literature, or to have somewhere nice to live?

If it's the latter, then you can save yourself £9,250 a year in tuition fees by skipping uni and just renting somewhere near King's.

If it's the former, the choose the course you preferred - i.e. Bristol.
Reply 2
The only reason why I was unsure is since the taster day at kings may have just been a bad representation of the course whilst Bristol may have put more effort into theirs?
Original post by DataVenia
Why are you going to university in the first place? To further your knowledge of English Literature, or to have somewhere nice to live?

If it's the latter, then you can save yourself £9,250 a year in tuition fees by skipping uni and just renting somewhere near King's.

If it's the former, the choose the course you preferred - i.e. Bristol.
Original post by asett20
The only reason why I was unsure is since the taster day at kings may have just been a bad representation of the course whilst Bristol may have put more effort into theirs?

Understood. So far you've talked about the fact that you "preferred the area of kings" but thought that Bristol's taster day was better (potentially because they "put more effort into theirs"). You've also mentioned that you "liked the course at bristol better" but would "would prefer to live in london".

When you said that you "liked the course at bristol better", was that solely based upon the taster day, or was it based on what you'll be studying, what the optional modules are, the way your learning is assessed, etc.? If there were reasons other than the the taster day to prefer the Bristol course, then you need to decide what's more important to you: the better course or the better location. It seems that you can't have both.

For me, I'd choose the better course every day of the week. But others go to university for the experience of doing so (and are less bothered about the education they'll receive), and so may prefer a more "vibrant" location. Only you can decide what's important to you, unfortunately.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending