The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by wibletg
Who else is sitting this exam?

The past papers don't seem too hard, especially as they can't really vary the types of question they can ask you :tongue:

But I can see them springing a surprise next Thursday :frown:

blehh the only questions i can never seem to do are roots of polynomials :frown: and sometimes proof by induction, apart from that im ok :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Jampolo
blehh the only questions i can never seem to do are roots of polynomials :frown: and sometimes proof by induction, apart from that im ok :smile:

Those aren't too bad :smile:

The worst thing, I reckon, are transformation matrices.
Reply 3
Original post by wibletg
Those aren't too bad :smile:

The worst thing, I reckon, are transformation matrices.

ooooh no i love matries :biggrin: (except for 3x3 inverses grr so easy to make a mistake)
I really need to do well in this and M1, to make me look like a pro for uni application hehe, and good predictions.
Reply 4
Original post by Jampolo
ooooh no i love matries :biggrin: (except for 3x3 inverses grr so easy to make a mistake)
I really need to do well in this and M1, to make me look like a pro for uni application hehe, and good predictions.

Already done M1, got a crap exam, could have done better but decided not to resit :frown:

M2 in the summer instead, it's much more fun.
Reply 5
Original post by wibletg
Already done M1, got a crap exam, could have done better but decided not to resit :frown:

M2 in the summer instead, it's much more fun.

Bleh. Try doing D1 and D2, crap crap modules and crap crap maths :frown:

I need 90+ for M1, and FP1. C2 went well. Basically all exams except decision went well :tongue:
Reply 6
Original post by Jampolo
Bleh. Try doing D1 and D2, crap crap modules and crap crap maths :frown:

I need 90+ for M1, and FP1. C2 went well. Basically all exams except decision went well :tongue:

I need an average of 92 out of both of them to have 90% overall in my modules, from FP1 and M2. FP1 without any daft mistakes I reckon I could get 95% but I dunno about M2 :confused:
Reply 7
Original post by wibletg
I need an average of 92 out of both of them to have 90% overall in my modules, from FP1 and M2. FP1 without any daft mistakes I reckon I could get 95% but I dunno about M2 :confused:

Well Mr M (like the god of TSR :tongue: ) says M2 should be rather easy to self teach and understand if you got 85+UMS in M1. FP1 i have gotten 62 63 64 (/72) in the last three past papers, next one should be 65 :wink:

My problem is that i near enough 100% the paper, and then lose all the marks on one question -.- There will be a 5/6 mark Q at the end and i just cant get my head around it lol.. I look at the mark scheme and its simple..
Reply 8
Original post by Jampolo
Well Mr M (like the god of TSR :tongue: ) says M2 should be rather easy to self teach and understand if you got 85+UMS in M1. FP1 i have gotten 62 63 64 (/72) in the last three past papers, next one should be 65 :wink:

My problem is that i near enough 100% the paper, and then lose all the marks on one question -.- There will be a 5/6 mark Q at the end and i just cant get my head around it lol.. I look at the mark scheme and its simple..

Yeah, he knows his stuff so hopefully :biggrin:

Is this M1 we're talking here? Some of the end questions are funny, particularly the one in Jan 2011, if you've done that paper. In fact, it was horrible :P
Reply 9
Original post by wibletg
Yeah, he knows his stuff so hopefully :biggrin:

Is this M1 we're talking here? Some of the end questions are funny, particularly the one in Jan 2011, if you've done that paper. In fact, it was horrible :P

I was talking FP1,
M1 is worse, i work through my textbooks (not the specifacation one so thats probably why) and i feel so confident, i attempt a paper and i can hardly do it lol..
Reply 10
Original post by Jampolo
I was talking FP1,
M1 is worse, i work through my textbooks (not the specifacation one so thats probably why) and i feel so confident, i attempt a paper and i can hardly do it lol..

FP1 isn't tooo bad. June 09 is the worst paper there's been and for that 49 was an A and 61 was full UMS :tongue:

But I know what you mean :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by wibletg
FP1 isn't tooo bad. June 09 is the worst paper there's been and for that 49 was an A and 61 was full UMS :tongue:

But I know what you mean :smile:

wow really? Im trying that paper :P I agree with your OP, that their could be a surprise as most of the FP1 papers i have done have been pretty standard.
Reply 12
doing this paper too! FP1 isn't that bad... but then i've got M1 on the 20th :/ i don't like M1 :frown:

did you guys do the D1 paper in may, with the 'impossible question'?
Reply 13
Original post by Jampolo
wow really? Im trying that paper :P I agree with your OP, that their could be a surprise as most of the FP1 papers i have done have been pretty standard.

It was pretty difficult mind, it justified the boundaries. I've been getting around 68/70 consistently and my mark dropped to 58 for this :tongue:
Reply 14
Original post by ryan02
doing this paper too! FP1 isn't that bad... but then i've got M1 on the 20th :/ i don't like M1 :frown:

sorry for the double post - nope, I didn't, but I know lots of people in year 13 and another school who did and they're raging about it :tongue:

it'd be pretty awful
Reply 15
Original post by ryan02

lol. i did :frown:
Reply 16
Original post by wibletg
It was pretty difficult mind, it justified the boundaries. I've been getting around 68/70 consistently and my mark dropped to 58 for this :tongue:

ow, well i'll aim for 61 :tongue: on June 2007 thats the next one i have to do, doing M1 at the moment -.-
Reply 17
Original post by Jampolo
ow, well i'll aim for 61 :tongue: on June 2007 thats the next one i have to do, doing M1 at the moment -.-

haha, going to get FP1 cracked off then hammer M2 - I've got 6 days to do 20 past papers. Challenge accepted :tongue:
Reply 18
Original post by wibletg
haha, going to get FP1 cracked off then hammer M2 - I've got 6 days to do 20 past papers. Challenge accepted :tongue:

ouch. Although i like lots of past papers because then that subject is all you think about. I dream about resolving forces and imaginary numbers sometimes :wink:
Reply 19
Original post by Jampolo
ouch. Although i like lots of past papers because then that subject is all you think about. I dream about resolving forces and imaginary numbers sometimes :wink:

That's when you should be worried :tongue:

Nah, M2 has some funky concepts so it's all good :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending