The Student Room Group

Was their a problem with the GCSE Maths exam on the 6th of June?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Helpful_Charlie
You missed out a few commas from your post, so it's not as if you can criticise. And you missed out an apostrophe. Thrice.

My apologies, it should have read:

"Sorry, I was gonna let it slide after I read it in the thread title but then you went and did it again in a post.
It's "seem to think there was problem" not "their". Jesus, it's not even as if it's any shorter, they're both 5 letters."

I'm not actually a grammar nazi though, it just gets on my tits to see "students" who can't grasp fundamental English.
Original post by johndoranglasgow
My apologies, it should have read:

"Sorry, I was gonna let it slide after I read it in the thread title but then you went and did it again in a post.
It's "seem to think there was problem" not "their". Jesus, it's not even as if it's any shorter, they're both 5 letters."

I'm not actually a grammar nazi though, it just gets on my tits to see "students" who can't grasp fundamental English.

I know, it annoys me too, but there isn't a lot you can do without seeming conceited. The education system requires an overhaul, primarily in the English department, as a worrying number of people can't spell 'lose' or use rudimentary punctuation. (Not aimed at anyone on this thread, it's just what I have observed)
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending