The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR 21st CHEMISTRY C123, Friday 17th JUNE (2011)

Who else has this exam?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Your not the only one, good luck and I'm guessing you've also got the biology exam on the 22nd and the seconds chemistry exam on the 28th ?
Reply 2
iv done that test i got 120 out of 100.. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Zak_Dubai
Who else has this exam?

Hiii !
i've got that tomorrow! Got a B last time so fingers cross i get higher this time!
let me know how you find it :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by asian boy
iv done that test i got 120 out of 100.. :smile:

what the hell are u talking about
Reply 5
Original post by dreams150
Your not the only one, good luck and I'm guessing you've also got the biology exam on the 22nd and the seconds chemistry exam on the 28th ?

ahhhh I've already taken the 2nd units in Jan. Got 1 mark off an A* in biology which killed me inside. Got 2 marks off an A* in chem and well for physics... Lets just say that I thought I done really well in physics... And i had done so s*it in biology, and turned out it was the other way rround :frown: dont let that throw you off, grade bounderies for bio is lower then for physics! Wish you all the best :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
Easiest exam ever? There wasn't anything I really had a problem with. How'd everyone else find it?
Reply 7
Original post by EddieL
Easiest exam ever? There wasn't anything I really had a problem with. How'd everyone else find it?

was alright, hated the last question though! what did you get for it?
Reply 8
About food labelling? I put that excess sodium causes high blood pressure and can lead to obesity, so consumers can use the labelling to limit their intake. I said pretty much the same thing for sugar/glucose
Reply 9
what was the answer to the last question, about the two chemicals that are meant to be on labels and the health effects they have? Thanks
Reply 10
post #9
Reply 11
Original post by EddieL
About food labelling? I put that excess sodium causes high blood pressure and can lead to obesity, so consumers can use the labelling to limit their intake. I said pretty much the same thing for sugar/glucose

Ahhhh mannnn i put additives/e numbers/ sugars/ something else :s-smilie:
guess i was wrong! :/
what did you put for the 3 group of people? i put Amy then Andrew then Edwin??????
Reply 12
Yeah, fairly sure I put Amy Andrew Edwin.
Reply 13
Original post by EddieL

Original post by EddieL
Yeah, fairly sure I put Amy Andrew Edwin.

:biggrin: yayyyyy
what did you put for the reducing sulfur one? and the nitrogen cycle tick box one? :smile:
Reply 14
I wrote use less coal and make use of (flue gas) desulfurisation. What do u think the grade boundary will be for an a*, I reckon just below 30, like 29. The last 2 which were at the same difficulty were 28 (or very close to). I reckon I dropped about 10-12 marks so hopefully if the grade boundary is like 28 again I can get an a*..or do well in c456.
Reply 15
Original post by GirlyGirl
:biggrin: yayyyyy
what did you put for the reducing sulfur one? and the nitrogen cycle tick box one? :smile:

I wrote use less coal and make use of (flue gas) desulfurisation. What do u think the grade boundary will be for an a*, I reckon just below 30, like 29. The last 2 which were at the same difficulty were 28 (or very close to). I reckon I dropped about 10-12 marks so hopefully if the grade boundary is like 28 again I can get an a*..or do well in c456.
Reply 16
Original post by Zak_Dubai

Yeah your right but I think that it will be 45/50 for an A* because they convert to UMS dont they :/ I want an A/A* let me know how you get on in those, they were the hardest yet the grade boundaries were so high!
Reply 17
The UMS marks needed for A* is always 45/50. But to get 45 UMS marks you don't necessarily need 90% of the raw marks. It changes each year, and usually varies for this exam between 28-32/42
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 18
I'm new here, but I was just wondering how you found the question about life cycle assessments? I wasn't really sure what to put so I just ended up writing down just about everything I could think of to do with rope... I'm hoping they'll have a few allowances for the marks...? :s-smilie:
Does anyone else have the C456 exam on the 28th of june?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending