The Student Room Group

HP 1 - Friend 0

My friend who shall remain nameless had a hp laptop that was playing up. he rang up and told them and the bloke said, as it was covered for accidental damage, he could 'make sure' it was unreparible and get a new one.

we dropped out of a 3rd floor window twice.
off a 4m high bridge.
3 times from shoulder hight.
stamped on it.
punched it.
kicked it.

and yes we recorded it!

anyway, it ended up in pieces, the screen smashed and loose from the main body, the case warped and split, componants inside loose and fragmented, cd drive missing, fist marks.....etc

basically he sent it off in a black bag.

he got a call today, theve fixed it in 5 days and he'll have it back on friday!!!

1 - 0 to hp!
Reply 1
They fixed it!? I'm shocked.
Lol, genius.

Can't be the same laptop. It'd surely be a write-off.
Reply 3
Ollie
My friend who shall remain nameless had a hp laptop that was playing up. he rang up and told them and the bloke said, as it was covered for accidental damage, he could 'make sure' it was unreparible and get a new one.

we dropped out of a 3rd floor window twice.
off a 4m high bridge.
3 times from shoulder hight.
stamped on it.
punched it.
kicked it.

and yes we recorded it!

anyway, it ended up in pieces, the screen smashed and loose from the main body, the case warped and split, componants inside loose and fragmented, cd drive missing, fist marks.....etc

basically he sent it off in a black bag.

he got a call today, theve fixed it in 5 days and he'll have it back on friday!!!

1 - 0 to hp!

Um, are you sure? I would be pretty sure they would write it off as a writeoff.

If not then, he made one mistake. You should put it in water first to fry *all* electronics to make sure they replace it.
Reply 4
Think they only need to give you a equivilent computer ie. doesn't have to be new. Also, do you have the video of it, post it here, it would be funny to see! :tongue:
Reply 5
wiffmaster
Think they only need to give you a equivilent computer ie. doesn't have to be new. Also, do you have the video of it, post it here, it would be funny to see! :tongue:

i dont personally have it, but i might be abke to.

his policy was a no bs, we'll send you vouchers for £1500 for the dixons group.

Latest

Trending

Trending