The Student Room Group

Laptop recommendations

I will be starting university in September. What is the best laptop/iPad that will last me and be efficient for university? I'll be enrolled in a speech and language course, and I have contacted the university, where they mentioned that any laptop/iPad would be fine. Could someone please provide me with some recommendations for laptop/iPad choices? I am looking for something in the range of 10-12 inches, preferably with a touchscreen, a keyboard, and long battery life. My budget for this device is no more than £500. Thanks in advance!
Original post by Anonymous #1
I will be starting university in September. What is the best laptop/iPad that will last me and be efficient for university? I'll be enrolled in a speech and language course, and I have contacted the university, where they mentioned that any laptop/iPad would be fine. Could someone please provide me with some recommendations for laptop/iPad choices? I am looking for something in the range of 10-12 inches, preferably with a touchscreen, a keyboard, and long battery life. My budget for this device is no more than £500. Thanks in advance!

Hey there!

You pretty much just need something that you'll be able to take notes on and rewatch lectures. If you were doing a creative degree then I'd have suggested a Macbook or top of the range Windows but you just need the basics to be honest. I'd recommend not getting the oldest model they sell because once new updates come in, it'll just slow down. You should be absolutely fine with something mid-market like a HP or 2020-21 Chromebook. Chromebooks and HP's both have touch screen alternatives available. I believe MacBooks are not touchscreen, the one I have isn't anyway and they're a bit out of your budget. Definitely go for a HP, I had one and it lasted me at least 8 years.

Hope this helped!
Lucy - Digital Student Ambassador SHU

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending