The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Original post by maxcartwright
Since I can't get up there to see it, i keep looking online for pics ect...but there just seem to be the same one's of the beach and the golf course ect. :frown:

What exactly are you looking for? :smile:

Maybe this helps? http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/visiting/Virtualtours/

edit: There is also this one: http://www.christopherdavy.com/standrews/index.php
(edited 12 years ago)
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 561
Since I can't get up there to see it, i keep looking online for pics ect...but there just seem to be the same one's of the beach and the golf course ect. :frown:

try using google street view to have a look around the town.
Original post by Sappho
What exactly are you looking for? :smile:

Maybe this helps? http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/visiting/Virtualtours/

edit: There is also this one: http://www.christopherdavy.com/standrews/index.php

Original post by Oh-WOW
try using google street view to have a look around the town.

okay now i reallllly want to go there :biggrin: its so beautiful. Im quite worried about it because everyone here is predicted A*A*A*A* whilst ive only got 1 (gap year)
Reply 563
okay now i reallllly want to go there :biggrin: its so beautiful. Im quite worried about it because everyone here is predicted A*A*A*A* whilst ive only got 1 (gap year)

Don't worry too much about grades, from what I know they look at the other parts of your application much more. Even if you have those shiny grades, you'll still get an AAB/AAA offer (depending on subject).
Original post by ladyinvgoue
Pozdravliayu :wink:

Spasibo :biggrin:
hi guys! i'm an American applicant that applied for Biology and got an unconditional offer last week! i'm super excited... i'm interviewing for medicine at cambridge in december so i'm going to go see st. andrews when i'm in the u.k. (i submitted my app oct 15 if that helps anyone)
Reply 566
Original post by preraphaelite
hi guys! i'm an American applicant that applied for Biology and got an unconditional offer last week! i'm super excited... i'm interviewing for medicine at cambridge in december so i'm going to go see st. andrews when i'm in the u.k. (i submitted my app oct 15 if that helps anyone)

it's so unfair how all americans get unconditional offers straight away from st. andrews :s-smilie:
(not trying to be rude, i am just disappointed by the system)

But congrats anyways! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm applying for Neuroscience.
I submitted on the 28th of September so I'm filled with suspense about hearing back in January.
Reply 568
Has there been any Economics offers yet? I'm applying for the BSc course, and although they said they wouldn't give out offers until January, you can never know. :smile:
has there ever been offers given to uk students before jan 15th?
Original post by lora_s
it's so unfair how all americans get unconditional offers straight away from st. andrews :s-smilie:

But congrats anyways! :smile:

is there a reason we all get unconditionals?
Reply 571
has there ever been offers given to uk students before jan 15th?

Not that I've ever seen. I think anyone who applies through UCAS is subject to the same rules.

Though I don't know about mature students etc. They might be different. :tongue:
Original post by esztereva
Has there been any Economics offers yet? I'm applying for the BSc course, and although they said they wouldn't give out offers until January, you can never know. :smile:

Im an American and got my unconditional offer in Econ and IR about a month ago
Original post by preraphaelite
is there a reason we all get unconditionals?

im also an American who's gotten an unconditional offer from St. Andrews. It's because in America, we take APs and SATs continuously. In UK, many students take the majority of their exams their senior year, and won't get scores until after they'll have recieved offers.

Imagine if all APs and SATs were taken senior year, and we only told US schools our predicted scores, I suspect we would get conditional offers there as well
Reply 574
Original post by lora_s

While I admit it sucks it takes much longer for you guys to hear, university is a ton more expensive for us on average, so maybe that balances it out some for you?
Original post by ALExM2442
While I admit it sucks it takes much longer for you guys to hear, university is a ton more expensive for us on average, so maybe that balances it out some for you?

I guess the system is worst for international students not from the US applying through UCAS. We pay the full fees as well but are getting replies only after Jan, and offers are generally conditional.
Reply 576
Original post by paperstars123
I guess the system is worst for international students not from the US applying through UCAS. We pay the full fees as well but are getting replies only after Jan, and offers are generally conditional.

No, not true. I received my offer already and I'm a non-EU international.
Hello,

I'm an IB student from Thailand and received my conditional offer for Politics and Philosophy a couple of days ago.

Anybody here applied for the same course?
Reply 578
Original post by paperstars123

I mean, there is international direct application as well as us direct applicatin, which is what everyone who has got an offer did I believe. If your American and applied through ucas or the common app you have to wait as well.
I don't know if this would help but I also applied through the UCAS. I submitted the app a few days before OCT. 15

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending