The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leodis hall students 2011/2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I dont know yet... should I know?
I applied for this accomodation, but I dont have my results yet so I dunno if I'm in at the Uni yet..
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 21
Original post by Amy2201
I dont know yet... should I know?
I applied for this accomodation, but I dont have my results yet so I dunno if I'm in at the Uni yet..

You wont get to know til your offer becomes unconditional I believe and until after you get your results. So no need to worry :smile:
Reply 22
They moved me to another room, now im in Block F, floor 5, anyone? :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by dni2011
They moved me to another room, now im in Block F, floor 5, anyone? :smile:

Iv been reading a few of these posts in the accomodation thread. It seems al lot of people are being moved. How come you got moved? Or did you ask to be?
Reply 24
Original post by Lovin
Iv been reading a few of these posts in the accomodation thread. It seems al lot of people are being moved. How come you got moved? Or did you ask to be?

Yeah they moved students for some reason, we never asked for it. Dont really know whats going on.
Reply 25
Original post by dni2011
Yeah they moved students for some reason, we never asked for it. Dont really know whats going on.

Oh dear. So did you pay the deposit for the old room? Because apparently a few people did and they had to sort it out with the accomodation office. :confused: Bizarre
Original post by Lovin
Oh dear. So did you pay the deposit for the old room? Because apparently a few people did and they had to sort it out with the accomodation office. :confused: Bizarre

There's several reasons why we may have to move people - the issue with Leodis was that we had to swap over F and H blocks because the contract lengths were different. Other poeple may be moved because the gender breakdown of their flat is wrong or because they've been put with the wrong people and we didn't discover it until afterwards.
But if you've already paid the deposit, it just transfers over - no sorting needed. (you just need to click to accept the new room). I think that, coincidentally, someone on here who was being moved also had an issue with their deposit payment but the two things weren't connected.
Reply 27
Original post by accomoffice
There's several reasons why we may have to move people - the issue with Leodis was that we had to swap over F and H blocks because the contract lengths were different. Other poeple may be moved because the gender breakdown of their flat is wrong or because they've been put with the wrong people and we didn't discover it until afterwards.
But if you've already paid the deposit, it just transfers over - no sorting needed. (you just need to click to accept the new room). I think that, coincidentally, someone on here who was being moved also had an issue with their deposit payment but the two things weren't connected.

Ahhh ok thanks hun :smile: No worries then. When is it all finalised then? Like when do they stop movng people around and should people be aware that they may move rooms until it's all finalised?
Original post by Lovin
Ahhh ok thanks hun :smile: No worries then. When is it all finalised then? Like when do they stop movng people around and should people be aware that they may move rooms until it's all finalised?

It's actually very unusual - it's just that it's happened to 3 people on here which gives a bit of a false impression. Theoretically, it's possible right up until you move in but as I say, it's not very likely. I'd rather move someone than leave them in a flat where they won't be comfortable for one reason or another.
Reply 29
Original post by accomoffice
It's actually very unusual - it's just that it's happened to 3 people on here which gives a bit of a false impression. Theoretically, it's possible right up until you move in but as I say, it's not very likely. I'd rather move someone than leave them in a flat where they won't be comfortable for one reason or another.

Oh ok. No worries then :smile: thanks
Reply 30
Good Luck to all those waiting for results :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest