The Student Room Group

UK Medical School International Applicants Discussion Megathread 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by .eXe
Nice!! Where are you from? I assume you too are international applicant?

yup i'm an international applicant from Canada. (Ontario, but live on the border to Toronto)
Reply 381
Original post by excalibere
yup i'm an international applicant from Canada. (Ontario, but live on the border to Toronto)

Same here! I take it you live near windsor? Either way, lets keep in touch since we are going to most likely be on the same flight out haha! Congrats on the interview mate. PS, what date is it on in February?
Original post by .eXe
Same here! I take it you live near windsor? Either way, lets keep in touch since we are going to most likely be on the same flight out haha! Congrats on the interview mate. PS, what date is it on in February?

Yeh, lets keep in touch...would be pretty funny if we were in the same plane trip lol. I actually in Pickering (5 minute drive from Scarborough). My interview is on February 6. How about yourself?
Reply 383
Yeh, lets keep in touch...would be pretty funny if we were in the same plane trip lol. I actually in Pickering (5 minute drive from Scarborough). My interview is on February 6. How about yourself?

Are you a high school or graduate applicant? :biggrin: and what were your marks :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by lizzy999
Are you a high school or graduate applicant? :biggrin: and what were your marks :smile:

high school applicant, marks were all 90%+
Reply 385
high school applicant, marks were all 90%+

Damn I got a 89 in one of my subjects :frown: but my average is a 95

Shocking :tongue:
Reply 387

Hehe something tells me you'll be just fine :tongue:

PS, did you get any feedback from Birm?

where'd you apply to?

as well, they don't just look at grades, its more of the "overall application".
Reply 389
Original post by .eXe
Hehe something tells me you'll be just fine :tongue:

PS, did you get any feedback from Birm?

They told me " we will get back to you on that" .... Pissed me off so bad :frown: didn't tell me anything at ALL :mad:
Reply 390
where'd you apply to?

as well, they don't just look at grades, its more of the "overall application".

Bristol, Birmingham and Liverpool and I suppose Lancaster too but I stupidly forgot to check if it accepted internationals or not...turns out it doesn't... So tough luck for me :frown:
Reply 391
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Shocking :tongue:

Yea, completely destroyed my ego when I got rejected from Brum too :tongue:
They told me " we will get back to you on that" .... Pissed me off so bad :frown: didn't tell me anything at ALL :mad:

they don't provide specific feedback and will come up with a BS excuse...A friend of mine was told something along the lines of "he was still too young, since he was 16 at the time he applied". Another friend of mine got in 3 years ago with around a 95%ish avg
Reply 393
Bristol, Birmingham and Liverpool and I suppose Lancaster too but I stupidly forgot to check if it accepted internationals or not...turns out it doesn't... So tough luck for me :frown:

Ouch, yeah I almost made that mistake but accidentally saw a post on TSR that Lancaster wasnt for internationals.

UCAS should automatically not allow you to apply, I think that's a flaw in the system :frown:
Original post by .eXe
Ouch, yeah I almost made that mistake but accidentally saw a post on TSR that Lancaster wasnt for internationals.

UCAS should automatically not allow you to apply, I think that's a flaw in the system :frown:

yeh, its pretty stupid...but I guess that would take a ton of effort/time on their side considering the various countries/mark equivalents people are able to apply with....

I actually almost made the same mistake, but decided I didn't want to go to lancaster. Majority of our responses should come in during January though, and for Bristol they always are late during responses and last year had interview dates in march...
Reply 395
they don't provide specific feedback and will come up with a BS excuse...A friend of mine was told something along the lines of "he was still too young, since he was 16 at the time he applied". Another friend of mine got in 3 years ago with around a 95%ish avg

yea, I really hope we all get into Liverpool :smile: but unfortunately there are only twenty four places :redface:

have you heard anything from Liverpool yet?
Reply 397
Original post by .eXe

yea, and the thing is I sent them an email about their info on the website from liverpool. Underneath the heading, it mentioned international qualifications, so i automatically thought it accepted international students. I got a sincere apology from the head of the department of medical admissions. I was like, yea i know you're sorry, but I've lost one of my choices now.
Reply 398
have you heard anything from Liverpool yet?

unfortunately no, my friends were in the same school as me ( four of them) and they all got around the same marks as me :s-smilie: so things are probably not looking good for us :redface:
Reply 399
unfortunately no, my friends were in the same school as me ( four of them) and they all got around the same marks as me :s-smilie: so things are probably not looking good for us :redface:

You and your friends have solid grades. I think you will have a great chance at an interview.

I think I only got an early invite since I am a university graduate and excalibere is also in university so perhaps we got little extra preference. But you have solid grades and I would seriously question liverpool if they dont give such a good candidate an interview atleast.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending