The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 1983mike
Have you checked your spam/junk holders? Just an idea...

mine is my work email, don't think there's a junk folder... The others came through fine. Thanks for the thought though!
Reply 581
no not in spam folder! driving everyone mad here with my constant checking they will be pleased either way when I finally get put out of my misery...
Reply 582
Original post by danp142
I'm in 51 C, I assume you're drumming/marshalling like me? What experience group did you put yourself in in the second audition? Just wondering if it makes a difference.

Not the top group but the one below, Intermidiate i think.... And indeed doing exactly what you're doing... When i auditioned there was a girl in my group drumming with her sticks the wrong way round in the final part, Both me and the judge people were sniggering!
Reply 583
Original post by Mandy_Panda
I got my recall email less than 24 hours after my first audition. Was I that rubbish at hip hop? Maybe! I'm still hoping, it's making me feel a bit sick now.

Likewise with the recall and the feeling sick but yes, I know I was that rubbish at hip hop! I tried to smile my way through and show some enthusiasm in the hope that would help. But trying to remember both what the moves actually were, the order they were in and do them with some kind of style was a big ask for me. I don't dance at all, let alone hip hop. Wish I'd had less rhythm and been in an acting recall. :frown:
Reply 584
I'm the same as you Flakeydom. I do ballet and was awful at the dancing I had in my audition. Not sure if it is hip hop of not, was to Adele, Rolling in the Deep.

I reckon I could have been a great marshall or something else!

Still waiting to hear though
But there were way worse people in your audition right and you got the basics? Hmmmmm. When were your recalls? Do you know people from them and if they heard?
Original post by sheldon85
happyending - I was at a dancing audition on the 29th Nov too. It was for the closing ceremony and I haven't heard anything either
From everyone's message it looks like they could be replying in date order of when we have our 2nd auditions

have u heard back about your 2nd audition (hiphop dance) which we had the same day? ...I still havent heard anything :frown: x
Original post by Kit-Yan
My recall audition was on the eve of 30th November and I am still waiting to hear. I didn't audition as a dancer or as having any other special ability, though I have good rythmn and can dance fairly well. If anything I was probably being considered for those character/movement roles others have mentioned.

An email from Casting last Fri said 'We have begun sending emails today but it may be next week when your letter is sent. Please do keep in touch if you haven’t heard from us by the end of next week.'

Like others I received the email asking to recommend others that may be intrested in auditioning. I had hoped that they wouldn't ask me that if they weren't going to offer me something, but we'll have to wait and see. I was fine with the long wait before, but since the weekend I've become quite preoccupied with it. I keep coming back to this site. Congratulations to those of you that have an offer secured and good luck to everyone still waiting.

Have u heard back yet Kit-Yan? x
Reply 588
no, nothing
Original post by pyl11
I had my dance audition on 29th Nov aswell and heard nothing yet.

Have u heard anything? x
Reply 590
Hey guys. I got my audition on 14th feb. Can someone tell me what it entails as i heard it is the same as the auditions last year?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers!
Reply 591
I got the 'reserve' email today.
Absolutely Gutted!
What more can I say.
A huge congratulations to everyone on here that got through.
I thought I did great in the 1st audition , not so good in the 2nd as it was acting and I am a dancer really.
Oh well c'est la vie.
Good look to everyone not heard yet.
Hi, I've been watching this forum since I discovered it 2 days ago. I've not heard anything either. I was in the HipHop audition on 26thNov. I'm NOT a dancer, and as sod's law would have it, I was coming down with flu the day of my recall. I managed to get through it (regularly running back to my bag to swig cough medicine), but my illness seriously inhibited my performance. I hadn't expected such a difficult audition when I'm not a dancer. Most of the people in my audition seemed to be trained/professionals. Like you Flakeydom, I hoped I could look happy & enthusiastic to compensate for my lack of skill. I wish I'd been put in a simpler audition, then I might have had a chance of something.

I've seen 1 person on twitter who was definitely in a hiphop audition (26thNov as well, coincidentally), who got a "yes" on Fri13th. Having convinced myself the last 2 months that I hadn't got it, if they'd just gone BOOM: "Yes/No" all at once, I think I'd have accepted and moved on by now. But I've been getting more agitated and optimistic as the emails started trickling in the last few days, raising my hopes for a miracle. But it looks like the emails have switched from good to bad now, so I think it must only be "no"s left. Suitable dismayed. :frown:
Reply 593
Original post by happyending
Have u heard back yet Kit-Yan? x

Hi, no. Nothing and I am driving myself mad. One moment I'm all zen and still optimistic, the next I am resigned to not having cut the mustard. The wait is interminable! Did we establish if the date of the recall auditions were related to the order in which people were being notified? I would imagine that after the recalls they'd have grouped everyone and worked from those larger groups. Who knows...
mine was november too... too much to hope that all of november haven't been contacted yet?! :frown:
Reply 595
Whats the difference between november auditions and the ones in feb? Im a drummer and dancer and was told to apply for the ones in feb?
Well I guess I can go ahead and book that holiday and also not have to book extra days off work!!
Still nothing for me or my daughter and, to be truthful, I am feeling really disappointed as we both felt we did good auditions too!
I was born and bred in Stratford and have been desperately wanted to be part of all this!!!!

EG
Reply 597
Original post by ginger-snap

Having convinced myself the last 2 months that I hadn't got it, if they'd just gone BOOM: "Yes/No" all at once, I think I'd have accepted and moved on by now. But I've been getting more agitated and optimistic as the emails started trickling in the last few days, raising my hopes for a miracle. But it looks like the emails have switched from good to bad now, so I think it must only be "no"s left. Suitable dismayed. :frown:

It does seem as is there have been no more positives today doesn't it :frown:
Original post by nimanim
Whats the difference between november auditions and the ones in feb? Im a drummer and dancer and was told to apply for the ones in feb?

don't think there's any difference, we just applied ages ago and now they are auditioning more people, as they don't have enough?
Original post by Essex Girl
Well I guess I can go ahead and book that holiday and also not have to book extra days off work!!
Still nothing for me or my daughter and, to be truthful, I am feeling really disappointed as we both felt we did good auditions too!
I was born and bred in Stratford and have been desperately wanted to be part of all this!!!!

EG

send an email tomorrow, just incase something messed up?! it's odd that neither of you have heard

Latest