The Student Room Group

2023 UK Drama School Auditions

Haven't really seen a new thread for the 2023 auditions cycle, so how's everyone doing with prep this turn around?

Scroll to see replies

Hi, thank you for opening the thread! I am currently looking for monologues but have a bit of trouble finding a contemporary.. where are you planning on applying? Best of luck x
Reply 2
hey just wondering if anyone has submitted their UCAS applications for musical theatre or acting yet? where is everyone applying to? :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Thank you for making this thread! I have got my classical and contemporary but just working on them at the moment. Applications will be open before we know it, but I think I'm gonna to wait a couple months to make sure I am really prepared instead of jumping into it.

This will be my third year applying. My first year I got to the final of Oxford. My second I got to the final for Guildhall and waitlisted for Mountview. So here is hoping third time lucky!
Anyone interested in Stage Management, Technical Theatre, and Design - Bristol Old Vic Theatre School - Open Day on Saturday 8 October

https://www.oldvic.ac.uk/open-day/
Hi looking to apply for BA Acting course and trying to narrow down 5 UCAS choices has anyone got any experience for 18year olds applying to Manchester Met & East 15 - also considering GSA/ Rose Bruford/ CSSD & Chicester. Thanks
Remember that as Bristol Old Vic Theatre School is outside UCAS, you can have 5 UCAS choices and apply to BOVTS - recommended - https://www.oldvic.ac.uk/
Does anyone have advice on personal statements for individual schools and are they that important?
My son just attended the Audition Prep weekend at GSA (for MT but had staff from the Acting department) and was told that Personal Statements are very important but to make them generic. Obviously this is for UCAS/CUCAS but I definitely think they need to be personalised if are applying to places outside UCAS like LAMDA/BOV as they each offer something different and they will want to know what appeals to you about that course. He has a different one for UCAS to CUCAS as they also have different types of courses. Hope that helps!
Original post by rfoatmcoaus
Does anyone have advice on personal statements for individual schools and are they that important?
Anyone planning to apply to Urdang???
Hey guys. Hope all is well. Audition access help people get into drama school and on the 29th October they’re having a zoom Q&A session with current drama school students, so if you want to ask the el any questions you can.
Heys guys. Hope all is well. I was on here last year applying to Drama school. Audition access helps people to get into drama school and NYT. They’re having a Q
Original post by Joborabbitt55
Hey guys. Hope all is well. Audition access help people get into drama school and on the 29th October they’re having a zoom Q&A session with current drama school students, so if you want to ask the el any questions you can.

Hi have you got a link to this event?

Thanks
Original post by sarahh254
Hi have you got a link to this event?

Thanks

Hey, you can follow them on Instagram : @Auditionaccess.
There you will find the dates for the Q&A and how to sign up for any sessions if needed. You have to DM, so you can get a space, but it’s a very easy process and they’re very helpful😊 hope it all goes well
hey guys quick question, for acting would a drama school or conservatoire be better, currently leaning towards conservatoire but haven't fully decided
I applied for East15 at 17 last year - I'm on the foundation course now and was waitlisted for the BA. I would definitely say they seem to be more open to the idea of having younger people on their courses than some other schools, as there are several people my age. Would recommend you really look into each school and go to as many open days as you can though to get their vibe, and trust your gut if it's not right for you - don't be swayed by the fact that they have a good reputation, go with what feels like the best choice for you :smile:

Original post by sarahh254
Hi looking to apply for BA Acting course and trying to narrow down 5 UCAS choices has anyone got any experience for 18year olds applying to Manchester Met & East 15 - also considering GSA/ Rose Bruford/ CSSD & Chicester. Thanks
Original post by owenapf17
hey guys quick question, for acting would a drama school or conservatoire be better, currently leaning towards conservatoire but haven't fully decided

Conservatoires like Royal welsh, Guildhall and Royal Conservatoire of Scotland are good as you’re surrounded by all the other disciplines, so you can learn more from their areas. Drama schools are equally good as you’re solely surrounded by other actors, so you don’t have to worry about it hearing opera singers or the band practising during lesson time. I assume it would be much quieter in general, but it ultimately depends on what environment you want to be surrounded by.
Hey I’m applying to RADA, just wanted to know if a personal statement is necessary. I sent my application less than a week ago and haven’t heard back yet so I just wanted to know if that’s something I should be working on now, since RADA isn’t on UCAS
Original post by hamdaaaa
Hey I’m applying to RADA, just wanted to know if a personal statement is necessary. I sent my application less than a week ago and haven’t heard back yet so I just wanted to know if that’s something I should be working on now, since RADA isn’t on UCAS

Rada asks you to talk about yourself for up to five minutes at the end of your audition tape including why you chose your speeches and general information about you - so that’s kind of their version of a personal statement :smile:
Original post by Millbev
Rada asks you to talk about yourself for up to five minutes at the end of your audition tape including why you chose your speeches and general information about you - so that’s kind of their version of a personal statement :smile:

Oh great! Thank you so much for clearing that up for me, are you also applying to RADA? I don’t know anyone that’s applying

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending