The Student Room Group

Deloitte Degree Apprenticeship 2024

Hi guys, I haven’t seen a thread for the 2024 cohort I just wanted to make one.
Has anyone heard back from the Job Simulation?

Psa- they’ve closed all their Audit London vacancies already 💀
(edited 6 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I’m about to the job simulation - how was it? Any tips?
Original post by Htfvhh
Hi guys, I haven’t seen a thread for the 2024 cohort I just wanted to make one.
Has anyone heard back from the Job Simulation?
Reply 2
Original post by rehelpme
I’m about to the job simulation - how was it? Any tips?

Hi
I can’t remember fully but they make you do a ranking tasks, and you have to rank scenarios from 1-5, you had to do it for your immersive assessment. with the job simulation, it’s more centred around the role you have chosen, so mine was more about audit. I’d also say don’t rank it on what you would personally do, rank it against Deloittes values and what Deloitte would want you to do, because I know damn well I wouldn’t personally do what I ranked 😩. So make sure u display skills like leadership, adaptability, collaboration, thinking outside the box, being ethical etc.

I can’t remember if there were any maths questions tbh. I don’t think there was,

There was a video interview, I can’t remember the exact questions but make sure you know why you want to work in the service you chose, and why Deloitte, I remember that they asked me to introduce myself as one of the questions, it threw me off because I didn’t know what to say and I slipped up abit, I mostly spoke about my small business, the sports I play, my school subjects and my interest in economics. I don’t even know if I was supposed to mention all of that but it’s too late ig.

I was also asked to draft an email, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, when you’re doing this task MAKE SURE YOUR SPAG IS 10/10. I recently got rejected from Grant Thorton because my case study had spelling mistakes and I didn’t use capital letters and full stops, this was because the case study was timed and I was rushing. But thank God that Deloitte wasn’t timed to I took extra time to make sure my drafted email was perfect, make sure to use all of the information provided, don’t skip out any information and also make sure you make the email very professional, no slang and that jazz. If you do get a job here they want to see if you can draft an email because that’s an important task you have to do at any corporate setting. It might not be an email for you it might be a letter or an actual document, I don’t know, but apply the advice I gave you for that.
Reply 3
Original post by Htfvhh
Hi
I can’t remember fully but they make you do a ranking tasks, and you have to rank scenarios from 1-5, you had to do it for your immersive assessment. with the job simulation, it’s more centred around the role you have chosen, so mine was more about audit. I’d also say don’t rank it on what you would personally do, rank it against Deloittes values and what Deloitte would want you to do, because I know damn well I wouldn’t personally do what I ranked 😩. So make sure u display skills like leadership, adaptability, collaboration, thinking outside the box, being ethical etc.

I can’t remember if there were any maths questions tbh. I don’t think there was,

There was a video interview, I can’t remember the exact questions but make sure you know why you want to work in the service you chose, and why Deloitte, I remember that they asked me to introduce myself as one of the questions, it threw me off because I didn’t know what to say and I slipped up abit, I mostly spoke about my small business, the sports I play, my school subjects and my interest in economics. I don’t even know if I was supposed to mention all of that but it’s too late ig.

I was also asked to draft an email, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, when you’re doing this task MAKE SURE YOUR SPAG IS 10/10. I recently got rejected from Grant Thorton because my case study had spelling mistakes and I didn’t use capital letters and full stops, this was because the case study was timed and I was rushing. But thank God that Deloitte wasn’t timed to I took extra time to make sure my drafted email was perfect, make sure to use all of the information provided, don’t skip out any information and also make sure you make the email very professional, no slang and that jazz. If you do get a job here they want to see if you can draft an email because that’s an important task you have to do at any corporate setting. It might not be an email for you it might be a letter or an actual document, I don’t know, but apply the advice I gave you for that.

Thank you!!! so helpful:smile: I also failed the Grant Thornton assessment at the case study stage - it was so tight on time! - So relieved the Deloitte one isn't time assessed.
Reply 4
Thank you!!! so helpful:smile: I also failed the Grant Thornton assessment at the case study stage - it was so tight on time! - So relieved the Deloitte one isn't time assessed.

No worries :biggrin:, I was so relieved aswell, just take time to do it, there’s another written tasks aswell but I totally forgot what it was about, SPAG should be one of your priorities, hope you do well fingers crossed 🤞🏾
Reply 5

Original post by Htfvhh
Hi

Thank for all that I just passed the IOA and now doing the job simulation, good luck guys!

My one piece of advice is add Grammarly Go to ur web browser so it corrects it automatically that what I did with GT!
Reply 6
Original post by ma937
Thank for all that I just passed the IOA and now doing the job simulation, good luck guys!

My one piece of advice is add Grammarly Go to ur web browser so it corrects it automatically that what I did with GT!

Yayy, I just realised I gave u advice for the Job Sim and not the IOA😐😂, good luck with your assessment, they take forever to get back to u after the job sim, it’s been 3 weeks for me and I haven’t heard anything from them
Reply 7
Original post by Htfvhh
Yayy, I just realised I gave u advice for the Job Sim and not the IOA😐😂, good luck with your assessment, they take forever to get back to u after the job sim, it’s been 3 weeks for me and I haven’t heard anything from them

yhhh i got the IOA in 1 day and I'm putting of the job simulation cos of how tedious it is, but oh well I have 5 days to complete it!
Reply 8
Original post by ma937
yhhh i got the IOA in 1 day and I'm putting of the job simulation cos of how tedious it is,

but oh well I have 5 days to complete it!

best of luck!
Reply 9
Original post by Htfvhh

hi ! i also did the ioa and job simulation, waiting to hear back from them too
Reply 10
Original post by user2813
hi ! i also did the ioa and job simulation, waiting to hear back from them too

I heard back like a few days ago, I didn’t get through but idc rlly, KPMG is my first choice and they open up in a few days, good luck guys
Reply 11
really ? what did they say & what will you apply for at kpmg
(Original post by Htfvhh)I heard back like a few days ago, I didn’t get through but idc rlly, KPMG is my first choice and they open up in a few days, good luck guys
Reply 12
really ? what did they say & what will you apply for at kpmg
(Original post by Htfvhh)I heard back like a few days ago, I didn’t get through but idc rlly, KPMG is my first choice and they open up in a few days, good luck guys

No feedback they just said they’re not processing my application
Applying to Audit London
Reply 13
about how many days ago was it?
Reply 14
how many days ago did they email you do you think ?

(Original post by Htfvhh)No feedback they just said they’re not processing my application
Applying to Audit London
Reply 15
how many days ago did they email you do you think ?

(Original post by Htfvhh)No feedback they just said they’re not processing my application
Applying to Audit London

Like 4 days ago, bare in mind I did the job sim on the 4th of October
Reply 16
Original post by Htfvhh
Like 4 days ago, bare in mind I did the job sim on the 4th of October

ok i’m definitely nervous now i did mine around that time too i think .. good luck for kpmg !
Reply 17
ok i’m definitely nervous now i did mine around that time too i think .. good luck for kpmg !

I did mine mid october so I think I wouldn't get it but we will see!
Reply 18
Original post by ma937
I did mine mid october so I think I wouldn't get it but we will see!

i actually also did mine mid october i just checked. i hope we both do well !
Reply 19
i actually also did mine mid october i just checked. i hope we both do well !

yess hopefully what office and role did u apply for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending