The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pizazz
Ah! I've just seen the rehearsals dates! THEY ARE ACTUALLY PERFECT.

But I only have 17 rehearsals. That doesn't seem like much? Is it? What the normal amount to have? *panics*

Ive only got 14 rehearsals before the actual event, but as I've been cast in "A dance/movement role in a high-impact early section of the Paralympic Opening Ceremony "I dont think I could cope with any more than that!!!

Great news that you're 'IN' Pizazz (and loving the fact someone has referred to you as Pizza on this thread!!!!)

xxxx
Just realised we've passed the 6000 posts mark, and over 300 pages. Cant tell you all how much this thread has meant to me over the past few months. There have been times I've been really low, but you've kept me going and I've really appreciated it.

Your good wishes during my broken foot incident have been a constant source of encouragement and I'm just bowled over that I'm part of a group of people, most of whom I've never met, but who have been a tower of strength, just when I needed it.

I know I'm really blessed to have received a paras offer now, and telling those still on 'reserve' to hang in there might sound a bit trite, but I honestly believe that it makes it more likely they'll get called up now that a whole raft of us who were reserves before have been removed from the list?

Finally, I've just realised that I've not even told my family and friends yet that I've got an offer ....... I posted on this site within two minutes of receiving the cast offer ..... Yay to my virtual family!!!!

Off to the Damien Hurst exhibition this afternoon ..... have a great day everyone xxx
Original post by galactica2009
How have you been doing lately?:smile:Fingers crossed for paralympic offers.

Hey Galactica!!!

Look, so far on here, there have only been offers for sections 87 and 99, so there's 12 sections in the middle that havent been cast yet, and who knows how many other sections there will be in the end??

We KNOW you will get in ........ keep strong xxxx
Original post by Pizazz
Ah! I've just seen the rehearsals dates! THEY ARE ACTUALLY PERFECT.

But I only have 17 rehearsals. That doesn't seem like much? Is it? What the normal amount to have? *panics*

It's been so lovely to read about all the para offers this morning and how much it means to you all. I've got just over 20 rehearsals but I think some people have as few as 8, so 17 sounds perfectly normal to me - also mine at least are quite long, so I'm sure you'll get a lot of practice in.

Congratulations to all the Para high impact dancer/movement-ers and B Balls!!! Cornishscot and Galactica2009, lovely to meet you at the meetup and my fingers are crossed for you.
Original post by twilightz
Hi guys ...OMG I am so happy for you- so many offers in one day- many many congratulations to fyrecraker, cinnamon, suzalt, mike girl, hotsulka, murphy's mum, danielthompson , annag2012,karanD and last but not least pizza(welcome back).
Also welcome to the most supportive forum in town the newbies- danielthompson and annag2012.

Well done to all that heard today (lucky for some) and fingers crossed for the ones that haven't- I think next week looks like the final week when they have to let everyone know their outcome one way or another.

cornishschot and galactica2009 dont despair yet give it another week, good things come when you least expect.
Once again, big congratulations guys, this is so exciting and brings back memories from the first wave of offers back in January...

:excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited:

Thank you so much all your congrats what a lovely forum and bunch of people I have stumbled across here. Keeping everything crossed for everyone waiting to hear
Reply 5985
I did A LOT of e-mail checking yesterday but still nothing for me. I guess I should try and let it go over the weekend because I think we've only ever had one cast offer sent on a Sunday. After the euphoria for the new batch of offers wore off I was quite down last night. I want something in the Para Ceremonies so much, particularly after what happened with the Olympic Ceremonies. I keep imagining my response if I got an offer and that's not very healthy. It will only make it worse if I don't get in.
Wowzaaa! Just logged in this morning for the first time for 24 hours and see four new pages of BRILLIANT news - many congratulations to all of those who have heard! HURRAAAHHHH! And it sounds as though the floodgates of offers have well and truely opened and we'll hear lots more good news in the coming days!

We had our Introduction to Ceremonies Volunteering on Thurs- for those involved in Props, Staging, Accreditation, Catering, Transport and so forth- it exceeded all my expectations and I have goosebumps just thinking of the amazing adventure over the coming months! I couldn't get to sleep til gone 2am with the excitement of all the ceremonies! And everyone was very friendly and welcoming- not least adelie27, Maid.Marion and DancersMum, all of whom I met and look forward to working with very much!

All the best to those starting rehearsals this weekend

Have a great weekend everyone x
Reply 5987
Original post by 42RAFIKI
I did A LOT of e-mail checking yesterday but still nothing for me. I guess I should try and let it go over the weekend because I think we've only ever had one cast offer sent on a Sunday. After the euphoria for the new batch of offers wore off I was quite down last night. I want something in the Para Ceremonies so much, particularly after what happened with the Olympic Ceremonies. I keep imagining my response if I got an offer and that's not very healthy. It will only make it worse if I don't get in.

Only 2 groups have been cast , as far as we know, and there are 11 groups between them still to be cast, so lots more cast offers are due to go out very soon. I know only too well how it feels waiting to hear, while others have received good news, it cant be long now till everyone hears.
You will get a cast offer very soon, I am sure of it.
Dont lose the faith, you will be part of the Paralympics!
INCREDIBLE news everybody. Well done, I am sure the world looks a different place this morning!
How have you been doing lately?:smile:Fingers crossed for paralympic offers.

Hi! Good, thanks. Thrilled with my props role (all 4 ceremonies). However, you and I auditioned for the para closing I seem to recall, and the offers so far have been opening, so I think we'll hear next week.

Massive congratulations to all who have heard this week, and so good to hear from you, Pizazz. Well done!!! :clap2:

Rafiki, I did manage to send you a PM in the end, and also I'm sure that you'll get an offer - you did for the Olympics after all! :thumbsup:
Reply 5990
Morning gang! So i had my group confirmation through yesterday - 87A too! So Fyrecracker and Hutsulka looks like i'll be meeting you both soon :smile: Only need to take a few days off work for our rehearsals, and not many weekends being sacrificed either (bar the entirety of august bank holiday being spent in the stadium, which i can totally deal with!!)

For your spreadsheet Flakey, i originally auditioned back in Nov for a dance role in the Olympic ceremonies, but was put on the reserve list.. i was told i couldnt audition for the paralympics which really upset me at the time, so i feel really blessed that i was still considered to perform at them after all... should give my fellow olympic reserves who didn't do para auditions some hope!!

Good luck to all yet to hear, i feel pretty confident that alot of fellow olympic reserves will end up with a role in the paras so just keep your heads up peeps :smile: xxx
Reply 5991
Hi everyone new member here..... I auditioned for the first time on 14 Feb, and had 2nd audition on 18 Feb. I've heard ZILCH, zero nada since. Anyone in the same position as me?
Original post by suzalt
)

For your spreadsheet Flakey, i originally auditioned back in Nov for a dance role in the Olympic ceremonies, but was put on the reserve list.. i was told i couldnt audition for the paralympics which really upset me at the time, so i feel really blessed that i was still considered to perform at them after all... should give my fellow olympic reserves who didn't do para auditions some hope!!

Good luck to all yet to hear, i feel pretty confident that alot of fellow olympic reserves will end up with a role in the paras so just keep your heads up peeps :smile: xxx

That is amazing suzalt - an Olympic reserve who now has a para place without auditioning. :dancing2::five::happy2: You must be so chuffed and certainly it gives renewed hope to the other reserves on here! Your must have been at the top of the reserve list so well done -but sad you have had to wait so long nevertheless to hear. I am sure though all that dreadful waiting time will be erased from your memory very soon now you have a positive result.
Original post by Pizazz
Heyoooo. Been a while. Anyone else got a cast offer for the paras? I just got one for the opening ceremony! Section 99.

"A dynamic and powerful movement section at a key stage of the ceremony."

Sounds well important! I cracked up at the timing though, this was one of the most dramatic days of my life... and now this!

Congratulations Pizazz and great to hear from you again! Sounds like you've got a great role - another one with many letters after your segment number - there have been a few of those (myself included) and I am always intrigued by them ......:daydreaming:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by fyrecracker
Just realised we've passed the 6000 posts mark, and over 300 pages. Cant tell you all how much this thread has meant to me over the past few months. There have been times I've been really low, but you've kept me going and I've really appreciated it.

Your good wishes during my broken foot incident have been a constant source of encouragement and I'm just bowled over that I'm part of a group of people, most of whom I've never met, but who have been a tower of strength, just when I needed it.

I know I'm really blessed to have received a paras offer now, and telling those still on 'reserve' to hang in there might sound a bit trite, but I honestly believe that it makes it more likely they'll get called up now that a whole raft of us who were reserves before have been removed from the list?

Finally, I've just realised that I've not even told my family and friends yet that I've got an offer ....... I posted on this site within two minutes of receiving the cast offer ..... Yay to my virtual family!!!!

Off to the Damien Hurst exhibition this afternoon ..... have a great day everyone xxx

Fyrecracker, your happiness shines through on your posts now! Enjoy Damien Hurst - my son and I are planning a trip soon.
Original post by suzalt
Morning gang! So i had my group confirmation through yesterday - 87A too! So Fyrecracker and Hutsulka looks like i'll be meeting you both soon :smile: Only need to take a few days off work for our rehearsals, and not many weekends being sacrificed either (bar the entirety of august bank holiday being spent in the stadium, which i can totally deal with!!)

That's great news suzalt particularly because you were a reserve only - there is still hope for some reserves to get called. We'll never work this thing out!
Original post by 42RAFIKI

Dont' despair RAFIKI - they cast you once so they are sure to want you again - it's still very early days for para offers. Have a great weekend!
Many congrats to you :smile:. I think you had earlier session than me, Dancersmum and Adelie. Me and Dancersmum were in the same group for para auditions while Adelie were in another group

Hope you liked Prince of Persia Movie.:smile: Glad that my blurry picture is in Disney's book of Prince of Persia. That picture were taken by Producer Jerry Bruckheimer with his Canon lens gadget. Glad to be casted as Nobleman for Princess Tamina who is played by Gemma Arterton.

galactica - sorry I didn't get to speak to you much at meet-up - but keep getting the feeling that I am missing something - are you a famous film star or something?!! :cool:
Reply 5998
Original post by Ace1
Hi everyone new member here..... I auditioned for the first time on 14 Feb, and had 2nd audition on 18 Feb. I've heard ZILCH, zero nada since. Anyone in the same position as me?

Firstly, congratulations to all of those reserves who had good news yesterday, a clear lesson that patience can pay off!

Ace1 - I believe that many of those who auditioned in February have yet to receive news either way. So far as I can tell some of us received 'holding' emails a couple of weeks ago; others who didn't received offers shortly thereafter. I didn't have my recall audition until the 21st of February, which I'm reasonably sure was for the closing ceremony, and like you am still waiting.

Although waiting is very dull, and it's a frustration as I have a whole summer of activities to plan and would like to know where I stand with the ceremonies - which puts me in the same boat as dozens of others, including a claimed 60,000 gamesmakers. Unlike the lucky reserves, we've been waiting only two months!

Don't forget that some of the last to receive offers in January/February had some of the most interesting roles...
Original post by Ace1

There are 9 people on here who auditioned on 18 Feb (no idea if morning/afternoon). Of those, we have 2 in the Opening, 2 in the Closing and 5 waiting to hear.

Original post by Mum of Students
Enjoy Damien Hurst - my son and I are planning a trip soon.

I went to see the Hirst last weekend and came out distinctly underwhelmed. He's certainly a showman but I'm entirely unconvinced that he's an artist. However, others there were oohing and ahhing so perhaps it's just me. I left with an impression of a cruel schoolboy who pulls wings off flies for fun.

Latest