The Student Room Group

19-Yr Old Student Stabs 18-Yr Old Roommate To Death Over iPod

Scroll to see replies

She has nice teeth
Original post by PBTimmeh
Of course there is, otherwise she wouldn't have been bullied.

People usually end up with psychological issues after bullying, not before.
I don't see why a cold blooded murder one planned weeks in advance is any worse. This is not the idea of 'my wife was cheating on me with this guy when I got home, and I just started beating him', this is going back to your room, grabbing a weapon she knew she would kill with, going back and killing the other person, over an argument. People with so little self control shouldn't be let loose in society.
Reply 83
Murder is murder. Having reasons for it does not excuse it.
Reply 84
Original post by wilKo_709
Murder is murder. Having reasons for it does not excuse it.

Agreed, she obviously has/has developed anger or mental issues, picking up a pair of scissors and stabbing someone in the neck with the excuse of bullying is feeble at best.
Reply 85
Original post by AldrousHuxley
People with so little self control shouldn't be let loose in society.

That does highlight one of the more interesting questions about our current justice system. Should it be designed to punish, or to rehibilitate?
Original post by wilKo_709
That does highlight one of the more interesting questions about our current justice system. Should it be designed to punish, or to rehibilitate?

I think it should be designed in order to minimize future crimes (while still having some kind of proportionality in punishments). This means it should contain both, a punishment aspect in order to scare people off from doing similar acts and a rehabilitation aspect to stop the perpetrator from doing it again. However people with so little self control probably cannot be rehabilitated, and as she knowingly destroyed another person's life there is little argument against locking her up forever/for a very, very long time.
Reply 87
you can't defend a murder. i'm sorry, in was bullied at school, so were a lot of people i know, it is remarkably common (not that it justifies it). Fact is virtually no bullied people end up murdering people. The columbhine kids were bullied, probably worse than this girl, but that can't be defended. Are you saying that if someone is bullied they can get away with the worst crime imaginable? that's like saying name calling/locking pupils in cupboards should be made an executable offence :0

Anyway, sure i don't think it should be first degree murder as it doesn't seem pre meditated. but i hope she goes away for a long time, and she will do no doubt.

Also, even if someone's issues come from bullying or some other trauma, the fact is that issues like the ''propensity to harm people'' are issues that people shouldn't be ont he streets for. whilst i feel sorry for mental health patients with disorders, fact is some of them could kill at any time, and when it's your mother or father they have killed you'll agree that they shouldn't be walking the streets. bullied or not, lock her up, keep people safe.

i almost got glassed in a totally unprovoked attack in a pub once, bloke just walked over to me with a psychotic look of pure evil on his face and spat at me and roared ''what u lookin at, what you sayin about me huh'' when i hadn't even seen him before. then he started saying i was abusing the girl i was with? wtf? she wasnt my gf btw. then he get this glass and this woman runs out the toilet and pins him down and sends him outside, walks over to me and says ''that's my son, i'm so sorry he has paranoid schizophrenia...'' Okay, i know it's tragic he has a mental disorder, but fact is he could have killed me, and you see things about schizos killing strangers on the news a lot. he was a massive guy as well. Sometimes, it's just for the best to keep these people of the streets, cos even if you ahte my posts, at the end of the day i am someone's son and someone's brother, and i did nothing wrong that day and could have been killed. if this girl is psychotic enough to kill over an ipod, then i don't want her on the streets either
Original post by burning-ape
Honestly? Yeah, I find 1 less attractive than 2. I don't know if it's because she's darker or if there's some other reason for it, but 1 just does nothing for me. It's not a conscious choice, 's just how I feel.

(Aaah, double post, sorry. I can't figure out how to delete the first one! :O)

They are darker, remember forget everything else..we're just talking about the tits.
I dont know any other reason other than the fact that they are darker, unless you are looking at the tits and then thinking they are from a black women.
Original post by jakemittle
They are darker, remember forget everything else..we're just talking about the tits.
I dont know any other reason other than the fact that they are darker, unless you are looking at the tits and then thinking they are from a black women.

Maybe I am, but I honestly couldn't tell you. My natural reaction to a pair of black tits differs to a pair from a different race. If they were real as opposed to just images on a screen, perhaps my reaction would be different. In my experience so far though, black tits do nothing for me :smile:
In a case like this I'd usually be very unsympathetic towards the person who, as you claimed, was bullying the would-be murderer. That being said, flipping out with a pair of scissors and stabbing her was extremely vicious and dangerous, and the kind of flawed thinking that should lead to imprisonment. I think first degree murder cannot be the right crime in this instance, but she should at least be charged with whatever the equivalent of manslaughter is in the United States, and not be given an overly long prison sentence unless they find evidence of a psychiatric disorder, which I doubt they will.
Reply 91
Original post by Austentatious
Then perhaps you shouldn't have people who push and prod and poke until someone flips like that out on the streets either. It's not always a case of who's good and who's not. It's circumstance.

All the legitimate sources thus far say the girls didn't get on. Not that girl A ruthlessly bullied girl B. So please, I'd love to see the source for "prodding and poking". Until I see one, people are just going by OP's self-written claim that that's what happened.
Haha wow I can't believe this story made it all the way over there. This happened like 20 minutes away from where I am.
Reply 93
Original post by Greeny442
Americans are weird.

Really? This coming when just a week or two ago it was found that slaves were being kept on a farm here in Britain; or that some crazy nurse when around killing patients in hospitals? Yeah, Americans are "crazy" :rolleyes:
There isn't enough information on whether the suspect was severely bullied, the reporting style doesn't suggest so but we don't know. Still even if you were being bullied if it's that bad then request a room change, or come home..murdering someone is something else. Even if it was in a rage, she still went to get scissors, and came back into the room and stabbed her. It's not as if a pushing match escalated and she grabbed a knife/lamp etc and stabbed/smashed it over the victim.
Reply 95
Black by any chance?
Original post by MapleBacon
Really? This coming when just a week or two ago it was found that slaves were being kept on a farm here in Britain; or that some crazy nurse when around killing patients in hospitals? Yeah, Americans are "crazy" :rolleyes:

You quoted my message and still managed to misquote me?
Reply 97
It's America afterall.
way to ruin your life and hers, you stupid cun
Reply 99
Original post by Greeny442
You quoted my message and still managed to misquote me?

Crazy, weird, cuckoo; they are but semantics. But continue to avoid discussing the idiocy/content of your actual post :rolleyes:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending