The Student Room Group
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website

Heriot-Watt.. Far away from Edinburgh City?

Hey,

Will be going to check this place out for myself this month at the Open day.. Just wondering, How far away is the Edinburgh campus from Edinburgh center?, Is there only bus travel or are there rail links/taxis and whats the quickest?

If you go by car/taxi and the roads are quiet it's only 15/20 minutes.

The bus takes 40, but that's because of a longer route and stops.
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website
You can take a 15 minute walk to Curriehill station and take the train to city centre. But that would make no sense at all.

You can take the 25, 34 and 45 to the city centre, though. Not sure how long the 45 takes, but 34 takes about 40 minutes and the 25 about 30 minutes.
Reply 3
Original post by BeyondandAbove
You can take a 15 minute walk to Curriehill station and take the train to city centre. But that would make no sense at all.

You can take the 25, 34 and 45 to the city centre, though. Not sure how long the 45 takes, but 34 takes about 40 minutes and the 25 about 30 minutes.

Original post by Mr Dangermouse
If you go by car/taxi and the roads are quiet it's only 15/20 minutes.

The bus takes 40, but that's because of a longer route and stops.

Thanks guys +rep :wink:
Reply 4
It's closer than people think...don't be put off by the fact it's on the outskirts of the city. As with most campus universities this is the case. Lothian buses is one of the best in the country. Buses run through the night for £3, every half hour from city centre.
Reply 5
I am in a very popular student are, Slateford, and it takes me 20 minutes to get to uni on the 34....also timing it from the city centre is just stupid, unless you will be living in a George Street penthouse you will NOT be travelling from the city centre....

Also reading your title it sounds like you think that HW isn't in Edinburgh - it is.
Reply 6
Original post by becciburt
I am in a very popular student are, Slateford, and it takes me 20 minutes to get to uni on the 34....also timing it from the city centre is just stupid, unless you will be living in a George Street penthouse you will NOT be travelling from the city centre....

Also reading your title it sounds like you think that HW isn't in Edinburgh - it is.

Well said that man!

Edina is a small city really and its easy to get around. Usually it takes around 15 minutes providing traffic is ok from Saughton into the West End, so id say Heriot Watt is only around ten more mins longer.

Anyway, the most important LRT bus is the 35, doon to Easter Road :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 7
It's literally on the edge of the city, really not that far at all. Pretty good bus service as well.

Original post by Essex1875
Well said that man!

Edina is a small city really and its easy to get around. Usually it takes around 15 minutes providing traffic is ok from Saughton into the West End, so id say Heriot Watt is only around ten more mins longer.

Anyway, the most important LRT bus is the 35, doon to Easter Road :biggrin::biggrin:

Next joke :biggrin:
Number 35: the bus from Heriot-Watt all the way to the first division.

Quick Reply

Latest