The Student Room Group

Aberdeen computing MA or Heriot-watt Computer Systems

Hi, I am currently trying to decide what university to put as my firm choice (I have a conditional to strathclyde for computing science (summer school) which will be my first choice).

My choices are Aberdeen computing or heriot watt computer systems. I'd like to hear what these courses are like, they seem to be roughly equal? Although aberdeen usually does better in rankings from what i can tell. I have not been able to find out as much information for aberdeen as heriot watt.

I think I prefer the city of edinburgh to Aberdeen (its closer to home so I can see family more often and seems to have better nightlife) but if the aberdeen course is so much better then maybe I'd prefer it?

Thanks for any help.
Reply 1
Original post by AM333
Hi, I am currently trying to decide what university to put as my firm choice (I have a conditional to strathclyde for computing science (summer school) which will be my first choice).

My choices are Aberdeen computing or heriot watt computer systems. I'd like to hear what these courses are like, they seem to be roughly equal? Although aberdeen usually does better in rankings from what i can tell. I have not been able to find out as much information for aberdeen as heriot watt.

I think I prefer the city of edinburgh to Aberdeen (its closer to home so I can see family more often and seems to have better nightlife) but if the aberdeen course is so much better then maybe I'd prefer it?

Thanks for any help.

Hi, what did you choose finally and can you give any advise as I am facing the same situation as you? Thanks
Original post by ellahung
Hi, what did you choose finally and can you give any advise as I am facing the same situation as you? Thanks

Hi, this is the University of Aberdeen rep account. Just wanted to put in some general advice on making a decision.

I would recommend having a look around this site for students of each of the unis you have offers from to see what the general consensus is. There will be plenty of threads where people will be able to share their opinions and experiences with you.
It's also worth thinking about the cities and what appeals to you. Do you want to be close to or far away from family, do you want to be in a big or small city, are there things/places in that city that you're interested in or will be good for any hobbies you have; those sorts of factors should definitely be on your mind as well as the actual courses of each of the universities.
Then it would be worth having a look on each of our websites to see what appeals to you about the courses eg. course content, projects you will get to do through your degree, prospects upon graduation, that sort of thing.

I hope this information has been useful and all the best with coming to a decision! If you do have any questions you want to ask us directly just let us know.

- Matthew, Enquiry Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending