The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Redirection of application to different department?

Hi,

I have recently read a post from a member of this forum, which indicated that they were rejected to study Economics at LSE, however got an offer from the Mathematics&Economics department. This person did not specify whether they applied to both Economics course and the Mathematics&Economics course.

I would like to find out whether the admissions at LSE redirect your application from Economics to Maths&Econ, or vice versa, if the candidate seem more suited for the other department, or whether you can apply to multiple departments.

Unfortunately, this individual which I mentioned earlier has been inactive from TSR for the past 3 years, so there is no way for me to contact them for further information.

So, if anyone is willing to share out their knowledge on this area of admission, I will greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
Original post by RooT_Fifteen
Hi,

I have recently read a post from a member of this forum, which indicated that they were rejected to study Economics at LSE, however got an offer from the Mathematics&Economics department. This person did not specify whether they applied to both Economics course and the Mathematics&Economics course.

I would like to find out whether the admissions at LSE redirect your application from Economics to Maths&Econ, or vice versa, if the candidate seem more suited for the other department, or whether you can apply to multiple departments.

Unfortunately, this individual which I mentioned earlier has been inactive from TSR for the past 3 years, so there is no way for me to contact them for further information.

So, if anyone is willing to share out their knowledge on this area of admission, I will greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Yep university do this if you met their criteria and they like you but miss out due to grade or another reason instead of turning you down they put you to another similar path let's say you missed out on health and social care they may transfer you to childcare...
Contact the uni and talk to them if you think it may apply to you...

Good luck
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Scorpio bee
Yep university do this if you met their criteria and they like you but miss out due to grade or another reason instead of turning you down they put you to another similar path let's say you missed out on health and social care they may transfer you to childcare...
Contact the uni and talk to them if you think it may apply to you...

Good luck

I notice you keep posting in unanswered threads giving poor (and sometimes wrong) advice... I guess because you want to be in this new group thing. Please don't answer questions unless you actually know the answer.
Original post by Snufkin
I notice you keep posting in unanswered threads giving poor (and sometimes wrong) advice... I guess because you want to be in this new group thing. Please don't answer questions unless you actually know the answer.

Thanks I ve actually experience similar situation to some of these questions...
Original post by Scorpio bee
Thanks I ve actually experience similar situation to some of these questions...

Unless you have experienced the exact situation that the OP describes you cannot know the answer.
Shame people didnt have any interest in this thread 5 years ago...
Original post by RooT_Fifteen
Shame people didnt have any interest in this thread 5 years ago...

Ha... I did wonder why you were asking this question as your sig said you were at Cambridge!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending