The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Howard
Yes it is. Dead ones.

Sure, did you talk about science? Someone who dies today will be oil tomorrow.
bono
I'll mention it, and it's reality - families have lost homes, relatives died, food supply even more scarce than before, buildings etc damaged and so on..........

Show me one war where this isn't the case, and i'll shut up - the reality of a war is that it ends up like this - Deaths + damage + long periods of trying to recover.

Morally, it's screwed - especially when the motive has gone down the pipe.

i agree totally, every war has after affects that just don't get covered, something has to be done....
Reply 222
bono
I'll mention it, and it's reality - families have lost homes, relatives died, food supply even more scarce than before, buildings etc damaged and so on..........

Show me one war where this isn't the case, and i'll shut up - the reality of a war is that it ends up like this - Deaths + damage + long periods of trying to recover.

Morally, it's screwed - especially when the motive has gone down the pipe.

War isn't always morally wrong.
Reply 223
Saddam Hussein's regime

deaths + tortue + injustice + building schools next to barracks purposefully + stealing wealth from the Iraqi people to fund his lifestyle + severe underinvestment in education, hospitals etc etc + constant fear

I would risk deaths and damage if I could get rid of all of the above.
Howard
War isn't always morally wrong.

unless the country has been severly attacked to show CONCLUSIVE REASONS, then it is.
and what is the main cause of war?

religion, it should be banned in my opinion
Reply 226
bono, if someone was getting beaten up in front of you and you had a group of mates, would you stand back and watch? It would be morally right to kick the bully's ar$e then.
Reply 227
bono
unless the country has been severly attacked to show CONCLUSIVE REASONS, then it is.

howard, pray that these people never lead a country in which you or I are residing.
blissy

I would risk deaths and damage if I could get rid of all of the above.

Deaths and damage are a certainty.

Getting rid of the things you mentioned, aren't.
blissy
bono, if someone was getting beaten up in front of you and you had a group of mates, would you stand back and watch? It would be morally right to kick the bully's ar$e then.

Iraq didn't attack America beforehand. :rolleyes:
Reply 230
read the full post. I covered that point.
vienna95
howard, pray that these people never lead a country in which you or I are residing.

True, because that way the country wouldn't get more oil. :rolleyes:

And remember, humans are greedy.
Reply 232
bono
Iraq didn't attack America beforehand. :rolleyes:

If someone (i.e. Iraqi people) was getting beaten up (by Iraqi regime) and you (America and Britain) saw it, you would be justified in kciking the bully's ar$e (kicking Saddam's regime's ar$e!)
Methinks you misunderstood my analogy
blissy
read the full post. I covered that point.

America wasn't attacked though, by Iraq, hence your example about the bully isn't related.
Reply 234
^ read post. it holds. you misread it.
Reply 235
off to supervision now - back at 6!
blissy
If someone (i.e. Iraqi people) was getting beaten up (by Iraqi regime) and you (America and Britain) saw it, you would be justified in kciking the bully's ar$e (kicking Saddam's regime's ar$e!)
Methinks you misunderstood my analogy

no, because thousands of the "someone" aka. Iraqi People also die, hence you aren't really saving a lof of them, infact you are guaranteeing x thousand dead lives......

EDIT - Also, hundreds of people from UK/USA also die to.
Reply 237
blissy

or to excite things a little....

if youd heard that some people down the street were going to smash up ur Grans house, rob and rape her and you knew that they hated her guts. what would you do? say, sorry Gran cant go and have a word, cant look after you, because i havent got any evidence. im going to the police(UN) but they are too busy chatting about Eastenders and the game last night and tell me that ive got no real proof, and that i should just go home and be reasonable(and when i was leaving the police station they stuck 2 fingers up at me). or do you say, yes Gran ill go around have a word, i know ive been doing that for 12 years and every time they still threaten to do it to you and ur sick of it.
just be thankful ur not that Jewish family at the bottom of the road who live next door to those people who trash their house every night and everytime they chase the criminals the police prosecute them for aggravation.
vienna95
or to excite things a little....

if youd heard that some people down the street were going to smash up ur Grans house, rob and rape her and you knew that they hated her guts. what would you do? say, sorry Gran cant go and have a word, cant look after you, because i havent got any evidence. im going to the police(UN) but they are too busy chatting about Eastenders and the game last night and tell me that ive got no real proof, and that i should just go home and be reasonable(and when i was leaving the police station they stuck 2 fingers up at me). or do you say, yes Gran ill go around have a word, i know ive been doing that for 12 years and every time they still threaten to do it to you and ur sick of it.

I don't see the point really in that paragraph, because every1 knows about what Saddam does, there is no debate about that.

And from what you're trying to say - what would Gran prefer - Death due to the war, or the possibility of death?

And who are we to decide what Gran wants - seems like she has zilch choice anyway...
Reply 239
bono
I don't see the point really in that paragraph, because every1 knows about what Saddam does, there is no debate about that.

eh?

And from what you're trying to say - what would Gran prefer - Death due to the war, or the possibility of death?

eh?!

And who are we to decide what Gran wants - seems like she has zilch choice anyway...

bearing in mind Gran(the citizens of the US, Iraq and of the democratic world) relies on you(the US military/administration) to deal with it.

Latest

Trending

Trending