The Student Room Group

Dissertation Secondary Data Collection

Do I need to cite all of the sources of data that I collected if I didn't specifically reference all of them individually in my writing?
I have spoken about the databases that I pulled them from but unsure whether I need to cite them all since theres quite a lot.
Original post by Anonymous
Do I need to cite all of the sources of data that I collected if I didn't specifically reference all of them individually in my writing?
I have spoken about the databases that I pulled them from but unsure whether I need to cite them all since theres quite a lot.

Yes, you would need to cite your sources. It's not a research paper if it wasn't.

You cite them because there is no way of otherwise knowing if your data was completely made up. If someone came along and wanted to replicate your results to test the authenticity and to see if they can do the work themselves, they would need to know where the data came from.

You cite every one of them, no matter how long the list.
Reply 2
Yes, you would need to cite your sources. It's not a research paper if it wasn't.

You cite them because there is no way of otherwise knowing if your data was completely made up. If someone came along and wanted to replicate your results to test the authenticity and to see if they can do the work themselves, they would need to know where the data came from.

You cite every one of them, no matter how long the list.

thank you for your advice!
Reply 3
Clearly outline your research objectives and questions that you aim to address using secondary data. This will help you focus on the relevant sources and data that align with your research goals
Reply 4
I have spoken about the databases that I pulled them from but unsure whether I need to cite them all since theres quite a lot stumble guys.

Clearly outline your research objectives and questions that you aim to address using secondary data. This will help you focus on the relevant sources and data that align with your research goals.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending