The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
fishpaste
I had a job once, but it involved working with unsightly folk. So I quit.

Did it involve a mirror then?
bazippit
Did it involve a mirror then?

Alright, stop there.

This is lame.
Reply 62
thefish_uk
Alright, stop there.

This is lame.

Yes it is child. I get fed up with being mouthed off by little kids acting big!
Reply 63
bazippit
You spell France with a capital letter actually

not in french you dont.
Reply 64
Alec
I presume so. It doesn't surprise me too much having seen snippets of their programming.

Above all, the news story isn't even accurate - I would've thought the BBC had the grounds for suing Fox after that sort of misleading, verging on anti-British propaganda.

Yea that's what i was thinking as well
Reply 65
Thats one hell of an arrogrant American.
MadNatSci
Is that for real then??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I think that's what the '2 cents' thing is a take off of on the simpsons. You stick some dips*t reporter in front of a camera and let him rant.
Obviously he'd been turned down by a Beeb reporter in his past. lol
J
vienna95
does he? he's clearly abit of an idiot, but again, he doesnt say you cant discuss it, just that hes shocked to see such blatant anti-americanism. we can criticise the americans on this forum and elsewhere and when they react you cant take anti-British opinion?

My biggest complaint is with the presentation. Yes, it's the guy's opinion. But he presents it in the most insulting and offensive manner possible and quite simply he just winds me up. Probably nowt more to it than that. If I'm honest. But I would never criticise the Americans with such vitriol, and what criticism I do direct across the pond is towards the American government and not the people. He was tarring all the British with the same brush - and yes, I know there are views similar to that expressed on this forum, but the people expressing them aren't influential broadcasters, are they?
foolfarian
I think that's what the '2 cents' thing is a take off of on the simpsons. You stick some dips*t reporter in front of a camera and let him rant.
Obviously he'd been turned down by a Beeb reporter in his past. lol
J

The bit at the end made me laugh out loud actually - about the BBC "criticising us cause we have flags in our lapels" or something - I dunno, it was the way he said it just made me giggle!
Reply 69
Admittedly I think that particular presenter comes across as being a bit arrogant. But Bill O'Reilly and Shephard Smith are very good.

Paddy
Reply 70
MadNatSci
My biggest complaint is with the presentation. Yes, it's the guy's opinion. But he presents it in the most insulting and offensive manner possible and quite simply he just winds me up. Probably nowt more to it than that. If I'm honest. But I would never criticise the Americans with such vitriol, and what criticism I do direct across the pond is towards the American government and not the people. He was tarring all the British with the same brush - and yes, I know there are views similar to that expressed on this forum, but the people expressing them aren't influential broadcasters, are they?

in regard to the BBC criticism, he was accurate(im still waiting for those here who claim he wasnt, to point out the inaccuracy) and attacked them specifically. there are ppl who are in front of the BBC cameras who think palestinians should go and kill jews.
Reply 71
Chima
Yea that's what i was thinking as well

wheres the inaccuracy?
Reply 72
MadNatSci
The bit at the end made me laugh out loud actually - about the BBC "criticising us cause we have flags in our lapels" or something - I dunno, it was the way he said it just made me giggle!

Yeah - it was smug and utterly pointless. I particularly enjoyed it when he said '...how much superior the Brits are at delivering the news, rather than us Amercians...' - very American. At least BBC newsreaders have a good grasp of English.

Ben
About 'slander' earlier, I was using it for want of a better word.

What I meant is that he (John Gibson) gets overly zealous in his criticism. He makes no attempt to bring in the other side of the argument (although that is probably the whole point of 'My Word').

He is very aggressive, like you said (vienna), which shocked me somewhat, as I'm used to a more neutral approach in journalism.

I also find his rant a bit amusing too, because he could be said to be exaggerating on some of his points. This is pretty ironic seeing as he's making the BBC out to be exaggerating (lying) in his little speech.
Reply 74
vienna95
in regard to the BBC criticism, he was accurate(im still waiting for those here who claim he wasnt, to point out the inaccuracy) and attacked them specifically. there are ppl who are in front of the BBC cameras who think palestinians should go and kill jews.

where are the people who want to the palestinians to kill jews???? Give us one sinbgle name please, I can´t believe you´re saying something like that.
There certainly are enough people like you who think it is right for israelis to go and kill palestinians though.
ben2111
where are the people who want to the palestinians to kill jews???? Give us one sinbgle name please, I can´t believe you´re saying something like that.
There certainly are enough people like you who think it is right for israelis to go and kill palestinians though.

They don't voice their opinions though, do they?
Reply 76
ben2111

Tom Paulin - Newsnight review

grow up please.
Reply 77
Will
About 'slander' earlier, I was using it for want of a better word.

What I meant is that he (John Gibson) gets overly zealous in his criticism. He makes no attempt to bring in the other side of the argument (although that is probably the whole point of 'My Word').

its his opinion. like Greg Dyke has his.

He is very aggressive, like you said (vienna), which shocked me somewhat, as I'm used to a more neutral approach in journalism.

what like the BBC?!?! hehehe

I also find his rant a bit amusing too, because he could be said to be exaggerating on some of his points. This is pretty ironic seeing as he's making the BBC out to be exaggerating (lying) in his little speech.

he's probably an angry man.
Ok, the BBC is biased, but at least it tries to cover it up.
vienna95
its his opinion. like Greg Dyke has his.

what like the BBC?!?! hehehe

he's probably an angry man.

You're not telling me you thought that little report did anything other than make him look really stupid? The bit at the end was especially funny, and the simplistic breakdown of a topic so complex it required a big feck off enquiry and a report of >60 pages.
He should go write for the Sun/Mail or something
J

Latest

Trending

Trending