The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I know its not the same but my boyfriend is transferring uni's from Sheffield to Southampton for yr 2 entry. He has to do a module in the easter holidays to make up for what he has missed, but apart from that he is looking forward to it. Goldsmiths is meant to have a good reputation for teaching, i live about 30 mins from there :smile:
Reply 2
I only know one person that has been direct entry and they had a few problems. It really depends on just how much you know about the subject already. As well as knowledge, also consider that the first year allows you to refine other skills (essay writing etc) under a scheme where your mark doesn't count towards your final classification. To go straight into year 2 puts you under pressure to be up to speed straight away. That's not to say you can't make a success of it, because I am sure thousands of students do so every year, but in my opinion, you have to be fully dedicated to catching up in any areas where you may be lagging behind.
Reply 3
I have already studied Education and know a lot about the subject. I have a Certificate in Special Needs Education and Rehabilitation and a Diploma (BA (DipHE)) in Primary Education (major: English, minors: Textile Arts, Mathematics and German).

My essay writing is also okay.

The course leader offered to send me the course content, handouts and book lists for year one and the assignments, so I can have a look at them. I have also been granted access to the Goldsmiths ECS Learning Forum, where I can find summaries of all lectures and seminars, as well as results from presentations.
I guess that helps...
Reply 4
if they've offered you entry in to year two, they obviously thought you could manage easily and it sounds like you are ahead of the average student. skipping a year will save a lot of debt :smile:
I'd say go for it!

Latest

Trending

Trending