The Student Room Group

transferring to a university with a HND

I have a HND. Took a break from studies due to mental health reasons, finally have decided to go back to uni and start my final year of uni and get my degree since a HND is equivalent to 2 years. there are only a limited amount of universities that allow you to do a top up degree. But is it possible some will accept a transfer to third year of a normal degree? I want to go to a uni that is specifically good for my course, but all the top up uni’s are quite low ranked for my course.
(edited 5 months ago)
What course are you interested in?

Transfers into year 3 are rare - there’s a lot of pressure on you as your degree classification will be based solely on your 3rd year results in a new university without the background of the standard 1st and 2nd year.

I would normally recommend that someone with an HND would be better off applying for year 2 entry. Especially if you have been out of education for a while
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
What course are you interested in?

Transfers into year 3 are rare - there’s a lot of pressure on you as your degree classification will be based solely on your 3rd year results in a new university without the background of the standard 1st and 2nd year.

I would normally recommend that someone with an HND would be better off applying for year 2 entry. Especially if you have been out of education for a while

accounting and finance. and oh okay, that makes sense, im fine starting from second year . Do most universities accept a HND for year 2 entry or am I limited to where I can apply? Have checked a couple of universities websites and none of them mention anything about accepting HND.
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by kiwikiki
accounting and finance. and oh okay, that makes sense, im fine starting from second year . Do most universities accept a HND for year 2 entry or am I limited to where I can apply? Have checked a couple of universities websites and none of them mention anything about accepting HND.

Have a look on UCAS course search and filter for year 2 entry to see which universities will accept applications for year 2 entry.

Then give them a ring and ask if your HND is likely to be accepted. They might need you to apply to start the process of mapping your modules and results against the learning outcomes of year 1 of their degree but a phone call should help you get a good choice of 5 universities to apply to through UCAS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending