The Student Room Group

SFE Plans!!

I am starting year 3 of my degree in sept 23. This is in the format of a foundation degree plus top up year. The top yesr / year 3 is what is starting in sept 23.

My foundation degree student finance was on plan 2.

Do I remain on plan 2 as Iv gone straight into the top up or will the final year be on the new plan 5?

Iv rang to ask so many times and SFE didn’t even know about plan 5 in March and still can’t answer me!! This might make a difference to whether I top up or not!!!
Original post by LauraLogan73
I am starting year 3 of my degree in sept 23. This is in the format of a foundation degree plus top up year. The top yesr / year 3 is what is starting in sept 23.

My foundation degree student finance was on plan 2.

Do I remain on plan 2 as Iv gone straight into the top up or will the final year be on the new plan 5?

Iv rang to ask so many times and SFE didn’t even know about plan 5 in March and still can’t answer me!! This might make a difference to whether I top up or not!!!

Hi Laura,

You'll remain on Plan 2 in this case. When you top up you stay on your original repayment plan, rest assured.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Thank you. Will this be the case if I move to year 2 of another course to ‘top up’ but at a different institution (a partner institution) who won’t take me straight in at year 3?

Plymouth uni have offered me a place on year 2 psychology which will then mean I’m BPS accredited (unlike if I stay where I am). Would this option remain on plan 2 also?

Thanks
Laura
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi Laura,

You'll remain on Plan 2 in this case. When you top up you stay on your original repayment plan, rest assured.

Thanks, Graeme
Thank you. Will this be the case if I move to year 2 of another course to ‘top up’ but at a different institution (a partner institution) who won’t take me straight in at year 3?

Plymouth uni have offered me a place on year 2 psychology which will then mean I’m BPS accredited (unlike if I stay where I am). Would this option remain on plan 2 also?

Thanks
Laura

Hi Laura,

When will this new course begin, do you have a course code for it as well (don't worry if you don't)?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 4
C800

Starting sept 23 at year 2 as a continuation of study from foundation degree as a means to top up to a batchelors degree.
Thanks

Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi Laura,

When will this new course begin, do you have a course code for it as well (don't worry if you don't)?

Thanks, Graeme
C800

Starting sept 23 at year 2 as a continuation of study from foundation degree as a means to top up to a batchelors degree.
Thanks

Okay, yes - this is fine too.

As a rule, so long as you're topping up in any way to a degree or honours degree you'll be kept on the same plan. So, in this case you'll also remain on Plan 2.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending