The Student Room Group

CPR starting same degree at different uni

Hi, I have failed year 2 and year 3 and received certificate of higher qualification from my university. I have used all 4 years of my funding. I have now applied for the same course at a different university, applied for CPR for year 3 (failed) to cover my first year of my new course. Should I apply for CPR for my 2nd year that I failed now or next year? Can someone also advise if this means if CPR accepted I would get funding for year 1 and 2 of new course and will have to self fund completely in year 3? Or will I get maintenance loans and will need to pay tuition fee on year 3?
Hi Dina,

So you have had four years of study all in? Would you be starting in 1st year at the new university? Can you confirm how many years you would have left to study at the new university?

Thanks, Drew
Reply 2
Hi, yes thats right, I have had 4 years of study in total. I will be starting from year 1 and it will be a 3 year course. I have CPR for year 2 and 3 and my gift year which I used to repeat year 3.
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by dina0809
Hi, yes thats right, I have had 4 years of study in total. I will be starting from year 1 and it will be a 3 year course. I have CPR for year 2 and 3 and my gift year which I used to repeat year 3.

Hi Dina,

Thanks, when will your new course begin, will it be this September or later?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 4
My new course is starting January 2024
Original post by dina0809
My new course is starting January 2024

Okay, first of all, if you haven't already done so we'd recommend making a 23/24 application as soon as you can online. That way, we can tell you exactly how many years of funding you're entitled to: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login

Based on what you've said you'll be entitled to the Maintenance Loan in all years, but you won't be entitled to the Tuition Fees in any year due to your previous study.

We'd definitely suggest uploading any evidence of Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR) as soon as you can. That way, we can then use this to award you additional years of funding.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 6
Hi, so I have already applied for finance and as advised I have sent in compelling personal reason letter and evidence for my year 3 from my last degree, I just wanted to know should I be sending in evidence for year 2 CPR evidence from my last degree now or when I apply for finance next year for my new course? Also, with 2 CPR year, would that mean if accepted I would get funding for Year 1 and Year2 for my new degree and would need to self fund year 3
Hi dina0809,

That is correct, if you have 2 years of acceptable CPR evidence, then this is applied to years 1 and 2 of the new course. Year 3 would be self funded. The assessors will update you directly once they have reviewed your evidence.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending