The Student Room Group

SFE application.

Hi,

I'm hoping that this makes sense, because I've been so unsure how to word this.

I am studying at The Open University and there, Year 1/ Level 1 modules start February AND October. Years 2 and 3 (also known as level 2 and 3) start October ONLY.

February 2024-Februay 2025 will by academic year for a module starting October, as I started my degree in a February. My module in October next year will be my first of that academic year. So this would be the 2023/2024 academic year, apparently.

On SFE it says that, to apply for the 2023/2024 academic year for part time, it needs to start before July 2024. It doesn't, because although my academic year technically starts February 2024, my module doesn't start until October 2024.

So when it asks when it starts, I cannot put October because that's after the July 2024 date it says. So what bloody start date am I meant to give? Because if I put February, it's wrong, because my module doesn't start in February... It starts October.

If people don't understand what I'm saying, I cannot physically say it any other way.

I aren't being thick. I'm just massively confused as to what I'm meant to put. When I applied for student finance, I had modules starting February. So it was fine but now I don't and I'm just so confused :frown:

Like, can I just put February and once approved it won't matter if it doesn't start until October?
Hi there. Could you please confirm the full name of the course you are studying, and how many years this course is? Also to clarify, when do/did you start year 1 of the course? Thanks, Leah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending