The Student Room Group

Glasgow School of Art, GSA 2012 applicants

Scroll to see replies

but u kno how ur supposed to show another 5-10 images (this is for photography) i dunno about the rest, would u send an email with the stuff or would they just not see anymore work? i dunno, i think im gonna go either way cuz its glasgow
who is applying straight from school? I'm in Year 13, before I sent off my UCAS i emailed admissions to ask them, they replied saying its all based on your portfolio, not grades or age. I sent in my projects for AS in year 12, do you think that was a mistake?
Reply 82
Original post by guapadiablo
who is applying straight from school? I'm in Year 13, before I sent off my UCAS i emailed admissions to ask them, they replied saying its all based on your portfolio, not grades or age. I sent in my projects for AS in year 12, do you think that was a mistake?

I'm applying straight from a levels too, and the person i know who does photog there was from a levels, she's said tht it's true that most are older but it really just depends on ur work and the themes you explore.

I think it's hard to say if it was a mistake, obvs it wld be better if you had some of the more recent stuff, but it can be fine depending on the standard of work. So far my portfolios have included mostly yr12, personal work and then a little yr13 work (but nothing from the yr13 sketchbook bc its not even close to finished) and ive had offers and interview requests so maybe just consider the quality of your work more than the date it was produced? like they said its all based on the portfolio

and have u seen this http://www.gsa.ac.uk/study/undergraduate-degrees/how-to-apply/portfolio-examples/ ?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 83

i'm applying straight from school too :smile:
Original post by rayray12310
I'm applying straight from a levels too, and the person i know who does photog there was from a levels, she's said tht it's true that most are older but it really just depends on ur work and the themes you explore.

I think it's hard to say if it was a mistake, obvs it wld be better if you had some of the more recent stuff, but it can be fine depending on the standard of work. So far my portfolios have included mostly yr12, personal work and then a little yr13 work (but nothing from the yr13 sketchbook bc its not even close to finished) and ive had offers and interview requests so maybe just consider the quality of your work more than the date it was produced? like they said its all based on the portfolio

and have u seen this http://www.gsa.ac.uk/study/undergraduate-degrees/how-to-apply/portfolio-examples/ ?

Original post by Ruta V
i'm applying straight from school too :smile:

yeah, i also took advice from the pdf someone in admin sent me regarding portfolio advice, kinda similar to that powerpoint. what courses did you's apply for?
Reply 85
yeah, i also took advice from the pdf someone in admin sent me regarding portfolio advice, kinda similar to that powerpoint. what courses did you's apply for?

fine art photog :smile:
Reply 86

fashion design, you?
Reply 87
Hey guys, I'm currently in first year communication design

Just wanted to wish you all good luck and i'm happy to try and answer any questions :smile:
Hey, I'm wondering how you went about finding a place to live before starting at uni?
I think it would be cool to share a flat with some fellow art students, but I have no idea how, seeing I'll only meet them when I start uni (if I actually get in. haha)

(:
Reply 89
Well, i was able to stay at home but most 1st years stay in halls.
i'm not exactly sure what the application procedure is but it probably says on the website somewhere :smile:
anyone for painting and printmaking heard back yet?
Reply 91
I've applied for Painting and Printmaking too; haven't heard back either.
Original post by Ruta V
fashion design, you?

I sent applications to both interior design and textiles, praying I get accepted into one at least
Reply 93
Original post by smschneider
anyone for painting and printmaking heard back yet?

Nope :frown: Apparently start of March is when they will give out interviews
oh good to know thanks, where'd you get that information?=)
Reply 95
Original post by smschneider
oh good to know thanks, where'd you get that information?=)

It's just what my art teacher told me at school, he knows a lot about that kinda stuff from experience :smile:
Reply 96
'Daniel De Wolfe'. If you go on glasgows website theres like a list of accomodations the have set up! - Still haven't heard anything back from them yet! Hope i get in!:redface:
Reply 97
I too have applied for Painting and Printmaking, glad to know its march when they start making interviews...I was wondering what was up.
Thanks for the info :smile::eek:
Reply 98
PS: I heard the halls are a depressing dump? Is this true?
Reply 99
just got an interview for Textiles!! :smile: so excited! but pretty scared too....

Quick Reply

Latest