The Student Room Group

Medicine Offers Discussion Thread 2012 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
To be pedantic they technically can. Only when you firm an offer it becomes contractual and the university has to provide you with a place if you meet the conditions..

That said, I don't mean to worry since in all my years on here I have NEVER seen an offer being withdrawn, so you're fine to take your time doctork2 if you want to hear from other places before firming :h:

Oh wow, I had no idea! I guess like you said, never heard of it happening, so I assumed it COULDN'T happen.
Never realised I could post on here :biggrin:

I got an offer from SGUL in December so I'm quite late, haha. Waiting on Barts now, hopefully I will get an offer from them in the next couple of days... :smile: fingers crossed!
Original post by tania<3
Never realised I could post on here :biggrin:

I got an offer from SGUL in December so I'm quite late, haha. Waiting on Barts now, hopefully I will get an offer from them in the next couple of days... :smile: fingers crossed!

Well done again :hello:

Will you firm Barts if you did?
Original post by ViceVersa
Well done again :hello:

Will you firm Barts if you did?

Most probably! What about you, I'm guessing you will, considering you'd rather get a Barts offer than good results as you said on the BL thread :wink:
Reply 124
Got an offer from Edinburgh- So excited!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Congrats guys! :smile:
Offer from Lancaster!

Gap yah = a success
Original post by tania<3
Most probably! What about you, I'm guessing you will, considering you'd rather get a Barts offer than good results as you said on the BL thread :wink:

Same, it seems likely if I get one. IF :tongue:. And lol yeah, my results weren't so great/were okay, so I hope I do get option 3 :wink:
Reply 127
:biggrin:

any imperial medics on here!?.....

got my offer few days ago.....

still cant believe they chose ME ....

ahhh sooo excited
Reply 128
Original post by praj1
:biggrin:

any imperial medics on here!?.....

got my offer few days ago.....

still cant believe they chose ME ....

ahhh sooo excited

There must be an imperial med applicant thread here and an imperial fb group.
CONGRATS, guessing it is ur firm? :biggrin:
Reply 129
Has anyone here had a offer from Manchester with conditions on?
Reply 130
Offer from Oxford (yay!), rejected from Edinburgh and an unconditional from Dundee :smile: Just Glasgow to hear from :smile:
Reply 131
Original post by apple17
There must be an imperial med applicant thread here and an imperial fb group.
CONGRATS, guessing it is ur firm? :biggrin:

hell yeh defo firm.....once i hear back from everybody ill firm it....

i cant find the facebook page lol :frown:
Original post by Jamal B
Has anyone here had a offer from Manchester with conditions on?

Yep, anything you wanted to know?
Reply 133
Original post by praj1
hell yeh defo firm.....once i hear back from everybody ill firm it....

i cant find the facebook page lol :frown:

That is amazing, congrats. :party:
hmm, try asking in the thread , maybe they didn't make one? Facebook groups are the best though for for offer-holders. :smile:
p.s. just curious, i saw the indian flag near ur post count thingie (are you indian too. :biggrin:)
Reply 134
Original post by Normandy114
Yep, anything you wanted to know?

Hello, what conditions did they give you? And what A-Levels are you doing?
Original post by Jamal B
Hello, what conditions did they give you? And what A-Levels are you doing?

AAA, a Pass in AQA Baccalaureate, return of Health questionnaire before the deadline, and receipt of an enhanced CRB check.

I'm taking Biology, Chemistry and Maths at A level, and I'm doing an extended project as part of the AQA Baccalaureate, hence why they want me to pass it.
Reply 136
Original post by Normandy114
AAA, a Pass in AQA Baccalaureate, return of Health questionnaire before the deadline, and receipt of an enhanced CRB check.

I'm taking Biology, Chemistry and Maths at A level, and I'm doing an extended project as part of the AQA Baccalaureate, hence why they want me to pass it.

Ah, fair enough. I'm doing Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics. They've asked for 3 A's excluding A2 Maths which is kinda annoying, but oh well, still got Newcastle :biggrin:
Reply 137
Original post by apple17
That is amazing, congrats. :party:
hmm, try asking in the thread , maybe they didn't make one? Facebook groups are the best though for for offer-holders. :smile:
p.s. just curious, i saw the indian flag near ur post count thingie (are you indian too. :biggrin:)

cool beans ill try that...and yeh i suppose on a facebook group you can actually meet people and talk to them....

are you an imperial student?

yeh im indian lol....born in the UK though.....

yourself?
Reply 138
Original post by praj1
cool beans ill try that...and yeh i suppose on a facebook group you can actually meet people and talk to them....

are you an imperial student?

yeh im indian lol....born in the UK though.....

yourself?

Nah, just a medicine applicant.

Hopefully, will be heading to KCL this fall if I make the grades. :daydreaming: I know loads of people at imperial though :smile:

well I am Indian, born there but officially a canadian citizen now. :biggrin:
Reply 139
Original post by apple17
Nah, just a medicine applicant.

Hopefully, will be heading to KCL this fall if I make the grades. :daydreaming: I know loads of people at imperial though :smile:

well I am Indian, born there but officially a canadian citizen now. :biggrin:

canadian! :biggrin: ....

KCL!!!....OMG THATS SIKKKKK!!!!!.....well done!....

2 indians....applying for medicine....meeting on a medicine offers forum....what are the chances ...LOL JK

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending