The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yumnaarrhhh
Anyone struggling to revise, or is it just me? :sigh:

Me! I did a D1 past paper, but now all motivation has gone :emo:
Reply 981
&& same day as chemistry :eek:

:eek: Good luck! I don't believe we've met before, which subjects are you studying? :smile:

Anyone struggling to revise, or is it just me? :sigh:

Me too :emo:

Original post by Silent--ly
The Edexcel employee who timetabled that must have had a good laugh :teehee:

Harry Potter und der Orden des Phonix :colone:

Indeed :nothing: and my teacher's like, oh you don't need to be so superstitious...easy for her to say, she's not taking the exam!!

I think I will :colone: After I have finished my Italian homework though :sigh:

Original post by pink pineapple
Not that sure, I thought I wanted to be a journalist for a long time but I'm having second-thoughts

Oh cool :smile: How come?

Original post by dabest2500
How can you have an art exam :lolwut:

:lolwut: you do a painting or whatever, in exam conditions....
How can you have an art exam :lolwut:

Glad you approve :teehee:

With maths a lot of it comes down to practice :smile:

At GCSE we had to produce a final piece in 10 hours, supervised by an external invigilator. At A2 it's 15 hours :afraid:

Spoiler

I think it's a horrible exam though, you can't rush art.

I don't approve. Maths related jokes are the first sin of madness. :colone:
Original post by NutterFrutter
Just you.

Right, im logging off to actually work :work:
Original post by Etoile
:eek: Good luck! I don't believe we've met before, which subjects are you studying? :smile:

Thanks!! :smile: & nope, dont think we've talked before :tongue:
I've taken Biology, Chemistry, History & English Lit. wbu?

& Aah thought I was the only one..im falling asleep!! :sad:
Original post by Coco_94
Often, but we're also seen as cold too, at times.

I reaally don't believe in it no. I don't believe in a lot of things though. :lol:
Nietzsche is a Philosopher...but inspired some of Freuds work, I think. I can see a link anyhow. Psychology is amazing! It's my favourite subject along with Philosophy, I'm not sure which i want to to at University, though I'll most likely, if anything try to do both :lol:

Sociology, I miss that subject. I did it at GCSE and have read some Marx, been taught some Giddens and Durkheim.

I have that insane need to know things too, but for different reasons.

Maybe, but i'm sure being seen as cold can have its plusses too?

Its true though, you know? Astrology. For thousands of years people have looked to them for help and advice. But i'm very wishy-washy. I believe in lots of things :biggrin: Very naiive :lol:

Haha, well i'm glad you like it. It does sound like fun :smile: and i've head psychology is great fun in university!!

Ahh Emile Durkheim, one of the founders of sociology, all about functionalism. Its such fun. If i wasn't dead set on Nursing, then I would probably want to go on to do further studies in this.
Original post by Etoile

Indeed :nothing: and my teacher's like, oh you don't need to be so superstitious...easy for her to say, she's not taking the exam!!

I think I will :colone: After I have finished my Italian homework though :sigh:

Oh cool :smile: How come?

Just doesn't really appeal to me anymore. It seems incredibly competitive and fast-paced and just don't know whether a job like that is right for me.
Original post by Etoile

I was going to make some sort of generalisation about maths teachers rarely being superstitious, seeing as it's usually logical and rational people who are good at maths. Then I remembered a story my maths teacher told me about going to see a psychic when her daughter was ill :lolwut:
At GCSE we had to produce a final piece in 10 hours, supervised by an external invigilator. At A2 it's 15 hours :afraid:

Spoiler

I think it's a horrible exam though, you can't rush art.

I don't approve. Maths related jokes are the first sin of madness. :colone:

10-15 hours in school :lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut:

:rofl:
PFT, not my fault I like lying on your curves :smug:

Original post by Etoile

I didn't think that would make sense :emo:

With maths a lot of it comes down to practice :smile:

I did go to Kumon for a year and then I tried a tutor but I think i'm genetically designed to be bad at maths. You should have seen how appalling my class and i were :smile:
Me! I did a D1 past paper, but now all motivation has gone :emo:

Aw! Atleast you've done a past paper :tongue: Im just sitting here figuring out which topic to go over lol :colondollar:
Reply 991
Thanks!! :smile: & nope, dont think we've talked before :tongue:
I've taken Biology, Chemistry, History & English Lit. wbu?

& Aah thought I was the only one..im falling asleep!! :sad:

:biggrin: Nice to meet you!
Ooh difficult subjects! What do you want to be/do at university?
I am doing English lit, French, German, Italian and maths :smile:
:console:
I have such a short attention span :facepalm2:

Original post by pink pineapple
Just doesn't really appeal to me anymore. It seems incredibly competitive and fast-paced and just don't know whether a job like that is right for me.

Do you have any other ideas?

I was going to make some sort of generalisation about maths teachers rarely being superstitious, seeing as it's usually logical and rational people who are good at maths. Then I remembered a story my maths teacher told me about going to see a psychic when her daughter was ill :lolwut:

A psychic? What could a psychic do? :lolwut:

I didn't think that would make sense :emo:

It's art, of course it doesn't make sense! :lol:
10-15 hours in school :lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut:

PFT, not my fault I like lying on your curves :smug:
:

Ooh, you wish you were my derivative do you? :sexface:

Well I wish I was your second derivative, so I could investigate your concavities :smartass:
Original post by Karma is a bitch
Maybe, but i'm sure being seen as cold can have its plusses too?

Its true though, you know? Astrology. For thousands of years people have looked to them for help and advice. But i'm very wishy-washy. I believe in lots of things :biggrin: Very naiive :lol:

Haha, well i'm glad you like it. It does sound like fun :smile: and i've head psychology is great fun in university!!

Ahh Emile Durkheim, one of the founders of sociology, all about functionalism. Its such fun. If i wasn't dead set on Nursing, then I would probably want to go on to do further studies in this.

The reasons for being seen it, yeah, but the image itself, no :lol:

Ahh, I don't think so, for me, personally, I see astrology as a modern day meek substitution for religion. It lets people rationalise things, find meanings for smaller things, and maybe bigger things, but it doesn't make demands of them like religion and other beliefs do.
I'm jaded and cynical, and that is my jaded and cynical opinion, excuse me. :teehee:

I hope so. I hope so. :colone: :colone: :colone:

His work on Suicide interested me more than anything. Ah Nursing? Interesting, why nursing? :smile:
I wish I could have done sociology as well to be honest. :lol:
Original post by Etoile
:biggrin: Nice to meet you!
Ooh difficult subjects! What do you want to be/do at university?
I am doing English lit, French, German, Italian and maths :smile:
I have such a short attention span :facepalm2:

Nice to meet you too :smile:
Well I have no idea what I want to do in university, so i've picked to 2 science subjects and 2 art subjects :biggrin: I was told these subjects will leave me with an open choice..
Wow! Languages !! :h: I would love to learn Italian! But my school forced us to do french at gcse :frown:

Omg same! :tongue: I can't focus at all !!
Aw! Atleast you've done a past paper :tongue: Im just sitting here figuring out which topic to go over lol :colondollar:

Do a past paper. Then go over the topics you got wrong :awesome:

Original post by Etoile

They use crystal balls to see into the future and stuff :facepalm:
Original post by Etoile

Clever bitch :shakecane:

I did go to Kumon for a year and then I tried a tutor but I think i'm genetically designed to be bad at maths. You should have seen how appalling my class and i were :smile:

Ah damn :console:

Ooh, you wish you were my derivative do you? :sexface:

Well I wish I was your second derivative, so I could investigate your concavities :smartass:

I'll just be a normal straight line, I'll penetrate right through you :u:
Original post by Etoile

Suck off the emotions of the distraught, the credulous and also drain their wallet. Maybe feed their own ego while they're at it.
Original post by Coco_94
The reasons for being seen it, yeah, but the image itself, no :lol:

Ahh, I don't think so, for me, personally, I see astrology as a modern day meek substitution for religion. It lets people rationalise things, find meanings for smaller things, and maybe bigger things, but it doesn't make demands of them like religion and other beliefs do.
I'm jaded and cynical, and that is my jaded and cynical opinion, excuse me. :teehee:

I hope so. I hope so. :colone: :colone: :colone:

His work on Suicide interested me more than anything. Ah Nursing? Interesting, why nursing? :smile:
I wish I could have done sociology as well to be honest. :lol:

You could always use it as a type of mechanism to ensure you don't get hurt? Maybe?

I can understand you're point of view, but the idea of astrology is anything but modern. Horoscopes that we see in the papers and online might be taking it a bit too far but other aspects of star signs such as traits and compatability, they work. I know that one president of the USA used the stars to help him decide some of his decisions. For the life of me I can't remember his name at the moment but it will come...

Its okay, your 'jaded + cynical' opinions are welcomed, I find them refreshing. I prefer it to the shut up sit down approach my friends take when i bring up astrology :smile:

Nursing, I find, is the only real job that appeals to me. All I want to do is help people and travel. My mum used to be a nurse, so for my whole life I've been keen to get in there when someones hurt themselves and pretend to be a nurse (when i was a kid) and then them plasters and look after them. I'd make a **** doctor but I think I'll make a great nurse. Fingers crossed lol :biggrin:
You could always use it as a type of mechanism to ensure you don't get hurt? Maybe?

I can understand you're point of view, but the idea of astrology is anything but modern. Horoscopes that we see in the papers and online might be taking it a bit too far but other aspects of star signs such as traits and compatability, they work. I know that one president of the USA used the stars to help him decide some of his decisions. For the life of me I can't remember his name at the moment but it will come...

Its okay, your 'jaded + cynical' opinions are welcomed, I find them refreshing. I prefer it to the shut up sit down approach my friends take when i bring up astrology :smile:

Nursing, I find, is the only real job that appeals to me. All I want to do is help people and travel. My mum used to be a nurse, so for my whole life I've been keen to get in there when someones hurt themselves and pretend to be a nurse (when i was a kid) and then them plasters and look after them. I'd make a **** doctor but I think I'll make a great nurse. Fingers crossed lol :biggrin:

But then, you don't experience anything good before hand, so actually end up cold.

No it's not modern in origin, but I think that it has more prevalence today because there is an industry about it, and like I said, it's a substitution for some.
Meh, I'd much rather talk with someone than tell someone to STFU sit down. To be fair, the US has had presidents like George Bush. No longer is it seen as the highest office in the land. :teehee:

Ahh, the caring part. Admirable. Yeps, fingers crossed. :yep:

Latest