The Student Room Group

What happens if you fail a unit in 2nd year?

I do 6 units a year, passed first year. Am about to fail a programming unit in my second year as the assignment is too hard, way out of my expertise and due in 10 days. If I fail 1 unit, but pass the other 5, do I fail the entire year and have to redo it?
Reply 1
Surely this question is entirely dependent on which university you go to and what your subject is? You would be better off either looking on your university website or at least telling us where you study. At my university in my department they look at your grades as a whole and consider what to do with you at the end of the year, but they would almost certainly let someone in your position through. I imagine yours will be similar, but I can't say for sure.
I thought you're allowed to fail one module?
I failed a module in 2nd year. 36% :redface:. At my Uni that got me a conceded pass to third year carrying the fail so I didn't see the point in resitting to get an extra 4% max. You'll have to look at your Uni's regulations.

All I would say is you have 10 days to turn it around, talk to coursemates, tutor for that module etc. 10 days is a long time and you can turn it around to at least get 40% in that time. Don't be so defeatist, YOU CAN DO IT :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending