The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Failed Resits

Hello TSR members,

I've had a question regarding if any of you know what would happen after I failed my 2nd year resit.

So I passed Year 1.
I've failed Year 2 after having 3 modules saying "repeat module with attendance"
Coming to resitting year 2 and getting the results today I've seen that I've failed 2 modules that I've struggled with since the start and it says "Fail after referral/ repeat"

Does that mean I will be terminated from the module that I'm doing?
If so will I be able to apply to a different course through UCAS and get funding through SFE?
Original post by Dooxed
Hello TSR members,

I've had a question regarding if any of you know what would happen after I failed my 2nd year resit.

So I passed Year 1.
I've failed Year 2 after having 3 modules saying "repeat module with attendance"
Coming to resitting year 2 and getting the results today I've seen that I've failed 2 modules that I've struggled with since the start and it says "Fail after referral/ repeat"

If so will I be able to apply to a different course through UCAS and get funding through SFE?

I don't see those decisions listed on what appears to be a fairly comprehensive list on the Nottingham Trent University web site, here. As a result, it's not clear what your options are.

In terms of funding, unless you can demonstrate that exceptional circumstances apply, SFE will provide a tuition fee loan for the normal duration of your course plus a single "repeat" year. So if yours was a 3-year course, they'd loan you the tuition fee for up to 4 years. You're currently in you third year at uni (a repeat of Year 2). So, as understand it, they will only loan you one more year of tuition fees. I don't know if they even do that it you reapply for a completely new course.

I suggest you contact your Students' Union for further guidance.
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Dooxed
Hello TSR members,

So I passed Year 1.

Hi @Dooxed

Sorry to hear that's happened. I think it'd be best to discuss your repeat modules and results with your academic school and tutors to clarify what happens next. As @DataVenia mentioned, SFE usually provides a tuition fee loan for an extra year of academic study. I'd make sure to clarify both your grades + repeat modules and then discuss any potential changes to your academic study with SFE so they can give you the appropriate guidance.

Best wishes,
Gurpreet - NTU Rep
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Dooxed
Hello TSR members,

So I passed Year 1.

Why don’t you wait to here from both and put an appeal I don’t know ware you ill ,or do you have exceptional circumstances instead of putting in for university elsewhere.
you can prove this by providing evidence! When the time comes😀

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending