The Student Room Group

Failing a Module

Hi,

I am doing an integrated masters in computer science and have had to resit a semester 1 module of 3rd year ( i am now in 2nd semester). I dont really think i have much of a choice but to do this module but im considering just intentionally failing it at this point because im technically unable to do it because of a lot of issues with the company who owns the software our assessment is based in and among other issues. can i still get a 2:1 at least overall if i fail the module completely (worth 15 credits).
thanks.
Original post by affaan minhas
Hi,

I am doing an integrated masters in computer science and have had to resit a semester 1 module of 3rd year ( i am now in 2nd semester). I dont really think i have much of a choice but to do this module but im considering just intentionally failing it at this point because im technically unable to do it because of a lot of issues with the company who owns the software our assessment is based in and among other issues. can i still get a 2:1 at least overall if i fail the module completely (worth 15 credits).
thanks.

Which uni? (The rules vary.)
Reply 2
In our place it would not be possible to graduate without passing the unit to gain the credits.

Rules do vary but it's not the most sensible of moves.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending