The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: Slay This, Save This!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Millies cookies. Simple as :tongue:

Mini Eggs or Cream Eggs?
Reply 981
Ooh good choice dani. Mini eggs just aren't satisfying if I want a chocolate fix but if I slayed them, then what would I put on my easter nests?! Tough - but I'm going to have to save the creme egg purely because it's so much more indulgent.

Save or slay: Chocolate covered nuts or chocolate covered raisins?
Reply 982
SAVE CHOCOLATE COVERED NUTS. They offer a more varied flavour development other than SWEET SWEET SUGAR!

SLAY OR SAVE:

SUGAR PUFFS or WEETOS?
Reply 983
Original post by TotoMimo
SAVE CHOCOLATE COVERED NUTS. They offer a more varied flavour development other than SWEET SWEET SUGAR!

SLAY OR SAVE:

SUGAR PUFFS or WEETOS?

Save the Weetos. They taste amazing with or without milk and bring back memories of my childhood when my mother let me live on them. Sugar puffs remind me of larvae for some reason and they go soggy so quickly.

Slay or save: Salt or Vinegar on your chips?
Original post by *Rouge*
Save the Weetos. They taste amazing with or without milk and bring back memories of my childhood when my mother let me live on them. Sugar puffs remind me of larvae for some reason and they go soggy so quickly.

Slay or save: Salt or Vinegar on your chips?

Oh tricky. Save salt. And I shocked myself with that because I'm not a BIG lover of salt and I adore vinegar, but when it comes to chips they just NEED salt and I could still enjoy them without vinegar. McDonalds SALTY fries were the best.

slay or save: jam tarts or custard tarts
Save custard tarts XD

Calimari?

or Salmon and summer veg
That second picture looks DELICIOUS. But, I don't actually like salmon very much. (I don't think I do anyway, i haven't tried it in ages.)

So save calamari!
slay or save: fruit in chocolate or nuts in chocolate
Reply 987
Save nuts in chocolate but only a slightly higher preference.

Save or Slay Chicken drumsticks or nuggets?
Reply 988
SAVE CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS (I'm assuming we mean actual legs as opposed to Golden Drummers). PROPER MEAT, not reformed, mechanically reclaimed "meat paste"!

SLAY OR SAVE:

BARRS CHERRYADE

or

TIZER?

Save cherryade, duh Toto :wink: Although, isn't Tizer very veeeeery popular up north?

ooer :/

Stilton burger?

or Feta tabouleh?
Original post by Viennaberry
Save cherryade, duh Toto :wink: Although, isn't Tizer very veeeeery popular up north?

ooer :/

Stilton burger?

or Feta tabouleh?

Save the Stilton burger! Feta is OK, just OK. I don't like the texture overly and it tends to be paired with Olives in salads and I despise olives. Plus that burger looks like sex on a plate.

Slay or save:
burger van Hot dogs with onions
or
burger van burger with onions
Save burgers! I like burgers if they're beef/turkey meat but I don't like the taste of pork that much. So since hot dog sausages tend be made of pork....save the burger!

Save cheese sandwiches or Bernard Matthew's turkey ham sandwiches?
Save cheese sandwiches.. don't really like packaged meat ( or is it called processed meat.. i forget!)

Slay or save:
Sweet or salted popcorn
Reply 993
SAVE THE SWEET POPCORN!! If I wanted savoury popcorn I'd opt for cheesy or Metcalfe's wasabi popcorn.

SLAY OR SAVE:

MINCE

or

MINTS?

Original post by TotoMimo
SAVE THE SWEET POPCORN!! If I wanted savoury popcorn I'd opt for cheesy or Metcalfe's wasabi popcorn.

SLAY OR SAVE:

MINCE

or

MINTS?

Hehehehe, I see what you did there.
Easy one though really, save mince! Chilli, Spag bol, lasange..the list goes on!

slay or save:
Ice Cream or Chocolate?
Reply 995
SAVE CHOCOLATE FUGODSAKES.

How can anyone slay chocolate? If you're having cake and fancy ice cream, you may always have frozen yoghurt, frozen custard, cream, scooty cream... if you want chocolate, what else is there? NOUGAT? TOFFEE? NO.

SLAY OR SAVE:

CANDY CANES

or

CHRISTMAS NOUGAT

Reply 996
SAVE THE NOUGAT!

Candy canes are overrated!

Lucky Charms

or

Froot Loops?
Reply 997
SAVE LUCKY CHARMS.

I have no idea what "FROOTS" are, but Froot Loops certainly taste nothing like "Fruit". They taste more like when a reaaaaally BUDGET company tries to make "coloured flavoured sweets". You know the ones I mean, where the blue one is like, "I think this could be blueberr... er... raspbe.... bubblegum?"

SLAY OR SAVE:

TUC BISCUITS

or

RITZ CRACKERS?

Save Ritz crackers.

Slay or Save

Lasagne

or

Spaghetti bolognese
Gotta save that bolognese, even if it is a nightmare to eat :h:

Strawberry shortcake cake!

Or Mango & vanilla pudding?