The Student Room Group

Should I cut ties with my friends?

Basically I have these friends T and R, they’re my closest friends and I do not have many others.
Basically me and T going to the club togethor a lot, almost weekly for a year (we’re both 18 turning 19). R doesn’t usually enjoy clubbing but joined us the other week by her choice, basically I ended up being assaulted and punched in the face by someone who had a problem with R (not me I didn’t even know her but she was extremely drunk and I’m alot smaller than R and the girl punching me and I assume I looked like the easiest target) anyway in defending myself and being drunk and stupid I punched her back which then resulted in full blown wrestling (with someone twice my size) obviously this didn’t end that great for me and I ended up sobbing and gagging after I finally broke free of her grip. Well basically R and T said this was “the best night out ever you slayed” despite me being bleeding and traumatised, I didn’t overthink this too much until we went out again this week and obviously there was no fight. R then decided she “hates clubbing again” and “it’s just not her vibe”, to me that feels like she only enjoyed the previous week because I got hurt and in a fight? Something traumatising to me as I was heaving and physically bullied as a child and have faced alot of mental health problems since. Anyway I had paid for alot of Rs drinks this night and she didn’t even thank me all she had to say that she was embarassed and that both her and T would no longer come out for my birthday that we had arranged and that if I want to spend it with them I’ll have to do something else. T has always loved clubbing with me, all of a sudden we go with R she says she hates it and he does too? Am I wrong to be upset, I am Aspergic for context and have trouble with these things. But it feels like they don’t really care about me and they only liked the other night bevause it was exciting for them to see me get hurt? And now I will have to spend my birthday without my two closest friends if I want to do the thing I had planned with other work friends and I enjoy most ? Am I wrong to be upset
Original post by Anonymous
Basically I have these friends T and R, they’re my closest friends and I do not have many others.
Basically me and T going to the club togethor a lot, almost weekly for a year (we’re both 18 turning 19). R doesn’t usually enjoy clubbing but joined us the other week by her choice, basically I ended up being assaulted and punched in the face by someone who had a problem with R (not me I didn’t even know her but she was extremely drunk and I’m alot smaller than R and the girl punching me and I assume I looked like the easiest target) anyway in defending myself and being drunk and stupid I punched her back which then resulted in full blown wrestling (with someone twice my size) obviously this didn’t end that great for me and I ended up sobbing and gagging after I finally broke free of her grip. Well basically R and T said this was “the best night out ever you slayed” despite me being bleeding and traumatised, I didn’t overthink this too much until we went out again this week and obviously there was no fight. R then decided she “hates clubbing again” and “it’s just not her vibe”, to me that feels like she only enjoyed the previous week because I got hurt and in a fight? Something traumatising to me as I was heaving and physically bullied as a child and have faced alot of mental health problems since. Anyway I had paid for alot of Rs drinks this night and she didn’t even thank me all she had to say that she was embarassed and that both her and T would no longer come out for my birthday that we had arranged and that if I want to spend it with them I’ll have to do something else. T has always loved clubbing with me, all of a sudden we go with R she says she hates it and he does too? Am I wrong to be upset, I am Aspergic for context and have trouble with these things. But it feels like they don’t really care about me and they only liked the other night bevause it was exciting for them to see me get hurt? And now I will have to spend my birthday without my two closest friends if I want to do the thing I had planned with other work friends and I enjoy most ? Am I wrong to be upset

Wow they are not the kind of friends id want to be with. R just sounds horrible and just out for what she can get which is for you to get hurt and you pay for her drinks. Definitely ditch her, shes not worth your time. If T follows suit and backs off with R, then T's weak and has not back bone and not worth hanging around with either.
And nope your not wrong to be upset, id be really mad about the situation in all honesty.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending