The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: Slay This, Save This!

Scroll to see replies

Slay the Shreddies. They over sog too fast and ruin my enjoyment of them.

Save or slay:

Chip sandwiches

Fish finger sandwiches
Not a huge fan of either, but save the fish finger sandwich, as long as they're made crispy and crunchy, none of this soggy fish finger nonsense. I want crunch damn it. Chip sandwiches have never appealed to me, I like chips but I like em on their own and carb in carb seems a bit pointless to me, no real taste difference!

Save or slay:

Strawberry flavoured sweets and chocolate

Or

Orange flavoured sweets and chocolate
Save the strawberry. Fruit invading my sweets and chocolate isn't my most favoured thing in life to say the least, but there are a lot of good strawberry sweets. Fizzy wands, laces, and quite often dark chocolate and strawberry make a good mix. Plus, I like dunking strawberries into chocolate mousse. So sorry orange, and Terry, but SLAY!

save or slay: scrambled egg on toast or an omelette
Ooh, save the scrambled egg, because I can't make an omelette and my egg dreams would be gone forever. Plus you get toast with the scrambled and it's always a good combo! If however I possessed the ability to make an omelette I would save that because it's basically scrambled egg but better; with mushrooms or or peppers or other fun delights emerged in it. Mmm mushroomy goodness...

Save or slay:

Cheeseburgers (from mcd's)

Or

chicken nuggets (from mcd's)
Reply 1784
SAVE cheeseburgers. They may well be unfilling but never fail to please the taste buds. Also chicken nugget meals don't strike the right balance (too dry).

SAVE OR SLAY

Cream crackers with butter

OR

Cream crackers with cheese
Cracker with cheese, because I'm not a fan of the taste of butter plain and crackers dont provide much taste foundation so it's not great. Though ham with crackers is the best, period.

Save or slay:

Coke/Pepsi with ice

Or

Coke from a tin
Coke with ice IN A BOTTLE, tastes 100x better!

Coke
Pepsi
Dr Pepper?
Pepsi, be it Max, Diet, or Full-fat. It's just better than Coke, and Dr Pepper too. But Max is superior.

SAVE OR SLAY:

DAIRYLEA LUNCHABLES

OR

DAIRYLEA DUNKERS
SAVE LUNCHABLES. A lot of the dunker varieties are a bit of a let down, and lunchables are more of a complete package. And you can have so much fun composing them! I just wish I could find the hot dogs and pizza ones. :frown:
Even though the cheese is so synthetic and cheap, it's 100% enjoyable for some reason, somehow.

Save or slay: Biscuits (bourbons, custard cream, digestives etc)
or cookies
Reply 1789
Save biscuits. Nothing against cookies but there's a much larger variety of biscuits to choose from - hobnobs, fig rolls, mikados, shortcake, lemon biscuits......whereas cookies are fairly homogeneous.

SAVE OR SLAY

Fish and rice

OR

Chicken and rice
SAVE CHICKEN AND RICE. I prefer the mix of chicken with rice as a meal to fish with rice. But if we're talking side dishes (special fried rice with the mini prawns) or as seperate components, save the fish, naturally :wink:

SAVE OR SLAY:

Fizzy Rainbow Strips

OR

Fizzy Cola Bottles
Slay Fizzy cola bottles

Bull penis and testicle soup

Brain and testicle bull soup.jpg

Deer penis and testicle

Chinese Food Penis and testicles of deer snakes yak horses seals and ducks.jpg
Oh wow...really??? well, bear in mind i have NEVER tasted ANY kind of penis/ testicle soup, i'll randomly select and save deer??
:facepalm:

Save or slay...

Sweet Popcorn

OR

Salted popcorn?
Reply 1793
SAVE Sweet popcorn. Salted popcorn does nothing for me whilst the former is nice enough.

SAVE OR SLAY

The crumpet in a mcdonalds big breakfast

OR

The scrambled egg in a mcdonalds big breakfast
Save Scrambled Egg.

Dog
Or Cat?
Reply 1795
Science, you are a crap person at this, and in general.

But SAVE DOG as it allegedly tastes a bit like rabbit!

Slay or save:

Breadcrumbs

Or

Batter

(on everything)?
Hm, save the batter. Because battered cod and sausages from the chippy, whilst a rare treat, is SO good. Plus you make pancakes and yorkshires from batter and you gotta save these really. Breadcrumbs are good and all (scampi, breaded mushrooms, schnitzel etc) but I can live without it. Plus, the god food that is prawns come in both batter AND breadcrumbs so S'all goooood :biggrin:

Save or slay:

Flakey pastry

Or

Thick cut pastry?
Save flakey. It's a mess, but aren't most of the best things in life? From sausage rolls to cheese, beans and sausage melts. I find most of my favourite savoury pastries tend to involve our flakey foe.

save or slay: cream in/with savoury dishes or cream in/with sweet dishes?
Thank god you saved flakey, a little piece of me would have died. Can always count on you :biggrin:

I think it's gotta be slay cream in savoury. Yes, the fact that cream in pastries and desserts are amazing, but that's not my main reason. The main reason I wish to smite the might savoury cream is due to the evil that is CREAM OF soup. You know the food foulness here. Cream of mushroom? How could you take the GREATNESS that is mushroom and make it taste SO foul. Evil magic at work.

Save or slay:

Dinners with lots of components and thus fiddily (tacos, fajitas, buffets, picnics, roast dinners etc)

Or

Dinners with few (chicken and rice, sheppards pie, bangers and mash, stew, soup)
Reply 1799
Save dinners with few components. I'd rather not have to cook large and diverse meals all the time, and meals like fish and rice are hardly a punishment. Nice and easy does it.

SAVE OR SLAY

Green tea

OR

Horlicks

Quick Reply

Latest