The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle accommodation thread 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abcrew
Wait that didn't sound right, I meant 14 hours per week, not in total :smile: 14 hours per week seemed very little for me compared to what I was used to. Haha early morning lectures are the worst, and I have missed a few of them as well :colondollar:

Can't even think about the future at the moment, I'm stuck in exam period and the weather is so hot. It's like torturing me as I should be revising but I want to be outside in the sun. I tried revising outside but it just doesn't work :mad:

Haha I did think wow... that's not a lot! 14 hours sounds more normal haha I was doing less than that last year, only about 9 hours a week or something like that. I'm so bad at getting up in the morning - I just don't hear alarms and stuff like that :/

I can imagine!! My housemate has got one left, the rest of them are finished (or didn't have any anyway, like me) and she's going a bit mental because we'll all be out in the garden and she's still holed up in her room :/ haha

Good luck with what exams you have left though!!!
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Room 5 Flat 34A, Marris House

Any future flatmates stalking this thread?
Reply 182
Finally applied for my accomodation. Eek!

Self catered with a washbasin

1st choice: Marris House
2nd choice: Windsor Terrace
3rd choice: St Marys College

And Self catered ensuite.

1st choice: Windsor Terrace
2nd choice: Castle Court
3rd choice: Bowsden Court

Why did I leave it so late? I'll probably end up sleeping in a box or something.
My boyfriend is having the problem where he's entered the email validation code onto the website but then it just won't let him access the login page when he clicks "login using your credentials".

Help anyone?
Just had my accommodation offer - St Mary's College, Flat 24, Room 1 :smile: Anyone else go for St Mary's?? I have a feeling I won't find out my flatmates until after results day... ah well!
Reply 185
Just had my offer too, I'm flat 13 room 2! I would love to see a layout of building so I know whereabouts I am. Just reading T&C's and it says no overnight visitors are allowed. I wonder how strict this rule is as I have friends that would occasionally like to pop up and see me.
Reply 186
Me too! Flat 21...anyone else?
Original post by Mnstudent
Just had my offer too, I'm flat 13 room 2! I would love to see a layout of building so I know whereabouts I am. Just reading T&C's and it says no overnight visitors are allowed. I wonder how strict this rule is as I have friends that would occasionally like to pop up and see me.

Same - I have two who want to come up in Fresher's!!! Hope it isn't too strict (i.e. easy to hide from the staff?)
Original post by ZRR10
Me too! Flat 21...anyone else?

Ooooo... would love to see a layout, see if Flat 21 and 24 are near!!
Reply 189
Original post by weirdwakkidolli
Ooooo... would love to see a layout, see if Flat 21 and 24 are near!!

Chances are that might just be the case! :biggrin:
Original post by weirdwakkidolli
Just had my accommodation offer - St Mary's College, Flat 24, Room 1 :smile: Anyone else go for St Mary's?? I have a feeling I won't find out my flatmates until after results day... ah well!

I have just got my offer too and am at St Mary's College flat 3, room 3 :smile:
Reply 191
Yeah I looked at the reception hours and there open office hours so I imagine out of those hours you can walk in or out with people and they wouldn't know!

I have an unconditional, are other people still conditional or have they just gave out offers so far to the unconditional people? :smile:
Just made a facebook page for St Mary's people :smile: https://www.facebook.com/StMarysCollegeNewcastleFreshers2012 Please join!!!!
Reply 193
Yeah I looked at the reception hours and there open office hours so I imagine out of those hours you can walk in or out with people and they wouldn't know!

I have an unconditional, are other people still conditional or have they just gave out offers so far to the unconditional people? :smile:

Mine is unconditional too - I'm guessing it is just the unconditionals so far. What you studying? :biggrin:
Reply 194
Good idea re facebook page will take a look.

I'm studying Civil Engineering, you? :-)
Reply 195
That's cool...I'm doing Surveying and Mapping Science...just posted on the FB page :biggrin:
Reply 196
Posted on it too. :-)

I'm hoping with the amount of people milling about on Fresher's Week they won't notice haha that'd be strange... plus the reputation of Fresher's Week makes me think they won't ask too many questions :tongue:
Original post by ZRR10
That's cool...I'm doing Surveying and Mapping Science...just posted on the FB page :biggrin:

Posted on it too. :-)

Awesome :smile: Why did you two choose St Mary's can I ask? Doesn't seem to be popular as a first choice that's all. I chose it because for the price, it seem's really good. I don't really mind being a bit further out, for nicer accommodation and more money!
Reply 199
Yeah price was a main factor, and free ample parking too as I am bringing my car. The saving in accomodation (compared to next cheapest one) allows me to afford my car insurance so was a no brainer really. Plus agreed I don't mind being a bit further out for nicer accomodation. I hope I get a nice big room like the one in the virtual tour!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending