The Student Room Group

Official: University of Newcastle A100 2023 Entry Applicant and Offer Holders thread

Welcome to the Newcastle A100 2023 Entry Discussion.

For general information click:
https://www.ncl.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/a100/#courseoverview

For entry requirements click:
https://www.ncl.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/a100/#entryrequirements

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, mention or advertise group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hello does anyone know if Newcastle usually has high or low interview to offer ratio
Reply 2
does anyone know what the ucat cut off for partners is likely going to be this year
Well, we're doing it again, ladies, gents and peeps. :crown:
Original post by Dabz69
hello does anyone know if Newcastle usually has high or low interview to offer ratio

You can google the amount of interviews they usually give, compared to the number of offers :smile: Its definitely not an interview is a guaranteed offer, they knock off a good number of people.
Original post by ate3
does anyone know what the ucat cut off for partners is likely going to be this year

Unsure, it was 2720 I think last year, down 100, folks are saying the UCAT is hard this year, so it really depends.
Anyone else applying as a graduate? I'm applying for both A100 and A101.
Original post by Dabz69

High I’m pretty sure (c. 70% if I remember correctly). My interviewers were really nice as well
Original post by CatInTheCorner
Well, we're doing it again, ladies, gents and peeps. :crown:

Omg I hadn’t realised you’re reapplying. Good luck!
Reply 9
thanks for letting me know and hopefully I get nice ones swell :smile:
Original post by IBkidinthecorner
High I’m pretty sure (c. 70% if I remember correctly). My interviewers were really nice as well
Original post by Dabz69
thanks for letting me know and hopefully I get nice ones swell :smile:

Good luck!
with regards to partners programme, there is a cap on number of students apply and also they compete with set number of places or equally with non-partners. i heard partner UCAT comparatively lower than non-partner?
Original post by khangee
with regards to partners programme, there is a cap on number of students apply and also they compete with set number of places or equally with non-partners. i heard partner UCAT comparatively lower than non-partner?

Theres no cap on the number of partners places.

partners was 2720 / others 2850 I think. They have published the cutoffs on the website
Original post by Hazard0202
Theres no cap on the number of partners places.

partners was 2720 / others 2850 I think. They have published the cutoffs on the website

Thanks Hazard0202
Theres no cap on the number of partners places- you mean offered after interview...I mean they compete for all 300 places for home students
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by khangee
Thanks Hazard0202
Theres no cap on the number of partners places- you mean offered after interview...I mean they compete for all 300 places for home students

I believe partners compete against other partners applicants.

Mail Newcastle and ask
Hi
Would a score of 2780 band 2 be enough for partners entry
Original post by jsingh1029
Hi
Would a score of 2780 band 2 be enough for partners entry

Thresholds are on the website. Think it was 2720 but who knows what it will be this year
Hey guys, in light of the interim results and the fact that number of UCAT test takers hasn't increased (18k sat already, expected 18k more so around 36K are sitting UCAT while the figure for 2021 was 37K), do you think the cutoff will stabilise this year?
I think that’s a fair assumption.
Original post by _ryan_27
Hey guys, in light of the interim results and the fact that number of UCAT test takers hasn't increased (18k sat already, expected 18k more so around 36K are sitting UCAT while the figure for 2021 was 37K), do you think the cutoff will stabilise this year?

I would also mainly factor in the government restrictions on uni places this year that was meant to stop the over-offering that happening in the second year of A-levels being cancelled.
Off the top of my head (please correct if part of this is wrong), last year unis only gave out as many offers as they had places (instead of over-offering and making the assumption that a certain percentage of students will miss the offer due to not making the grades). This meant that even if exams got cancelled (which in the end they didn't), unis wouldn't be put in a similar position to 2021 entry where they had too many students in the course and had to bump them onto 2022 entry (because nearly all students got their PGs = too many people fulfilling their offers). They worked on a system then of waiting lists, where people were then offered places if people didn't make their PG. Will they keep this method in the next year as a safety precaution to prevent rejection-gate in the situation of a covid flare up? I have no idea.
This is completely my assumption but I would expect definitely (and hopefully!) a stabilisation of ucat cutoffs or at least increased number of offers made.
Good luck with your application!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending