The Student Room Group

HS2- How would YOU spend £32billion to help the economy?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Jimbo1234
Either revamp our crappy secondary education system
or
Invest in high end technology production eg. nanotechnology and try to gain market dominance in an emerging market rather than letting someone else take over as we always do.

...and that would help our economy how?

Trade deals.
Original post by Infallible
Trade deals.

Over what? What do those places produce that we need and will save us money?
Original post by Infallible
Give it to Abkhazia, South Ossetia and Moldova to develop the infrastructure.

...You're obsessed.
Reply 23
Original post by crazycake93
How would you go about providing incentives for teachers? With monetory gain?

I think not, this was proved to be idiocy when implemented in the US, the teachers only taught the syllabus, and alot of them cheated, in the end it was the kids that lost out.

Which doesn't happen here already of course :rolleyes:
By giving tax cuts..
Original post by Drunk Punx
I certainly wouldn't spend it on a ****ing train. (The 1st version [HS1], by the way, is completely ****ing useless and costs you an extra £3 compared to normal trains. As far as I can tell, it goes the same speed as normal trains. It's just a little bit quieter [and who really gives a toss about that? :lolwut: ]).

High Speed 1 is the line Eurostar travels on and it allows speeds of up to 300 km/h...
Original post by domino0806
High Speed 1 is the line Eurostar travels on and it allows speeds of up to 300 km/h...

Wikipedia says:
"High Speed 1 (HS1), officially known as the Channel Tunnel Rail Link (CTRL) and originally as the Continental Main Line (CML), is a 108-kilometre (67 mi) high-speed railway line running from London through Kent to the British end of the Channel Tunnel."

I've been on it enough times mate, I think I know what train I take on my travels :h:

And honestly, when you go on it, it really doesn't feel like it's going all that speedy.
Cull the Labour supporters.
Original post by Bill_Gates

With the rest have a sexy party.

I second the right honorable gentleman proposal.

Though I would spread the sexy parties over the time scale of a 31 day Month.
£1bn per sexy party, with a final 'goodbye' sexy party which would cost double that of the other sexy parties. It would be a good send off for what will be known as 'the month the UK got sexy while partying'.

It would also have a positive effect on the economy as it would inject much needed cash into the dwindling high street, especially the sexy party shops.
As a direct result of the sexy parties, there would be a massive increase in interest by young and aspiring sexy party goers, I propose creating a national sexy party academy to aid in the training of new sexy party athletes.

I also propose the formation of A sexy party legacy comity, which would ensure the sexy parties facilities would leave a lasting legacy in the essence of the national sexy party month. These world class facilities could be sold to second rate party goes who after the party month.
Reply 29
Original post by PeeWeeDan
By giving tax cuts..

This. VAT tax cuts for all.
Reply 30
10 nuclear powerstations :colone:
I'd pocket all of it, help all my friend buy expesnive cars and go on expensive holidays.
Original post by lonelykatana
I second the right honorable gentleman proposal.

Though I would spread the sexy parties over the time scale of a 31 day Month.
£1bn per sexy party, with a final 'goodbye' sexy party which would cost double that of the other sexy parties. It would be a good send off for what will be known as 'the month the UK got sexy while partying'.

It would also have a positive effect on the economy as it would inject much needed cash into the dwindling high street, especially the sexy party shops.
As a direct result of the sexy parties, there would be a massive increase in interest by young and aspiring sexy party goers, I propose creating a national sexy party academy to aid in the training of new sexy party athletes.

I also propose the formation of A sexy party legacy comity, which would ensure the sexy parties facilities would leave a lasting legacy in the essence of the national sexy party month. These world class facilities could be sold to second rate party goes who after the party month.

I hereby declare 11th January 2012 to be national pussy day.
Reply 33

Original post by Rant
I would spend it printing nigh-infinite amounts of money, completely devalue the pound and break the economy completely.

You are a particularly dissatisfied with society aren't you?
Reply 34
Original post by Ocassus
You are a particularly dissatisfied with society aren't you?

Quite so.
Reply 35

Original post by Rant
Quite so.

Well you do realise your 'solution' would accomplish nothing but chaos.

Buy everyone a bouncy castle so they could bounce thier troubles away,and be so much more less stressed for the day ahead, and therefore work harder.

YEAH. :tongue:
Reply 37
waste of money, more privatised infrastructure funnelling cash and talent into london

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending