This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SeaJay
I got me an avatar!

:yy: :biggrin:

Original post by Webberino
Makes sense that she will be thinking about it and wanting you to feel better. You're right, probably best to try not to think of it in that way though. :hugs:

Will do the plan in a min. Tried taking the tablets in the morning instead to see if I would feel any less tired but felt at least as tired today. Told one housemate today, that's a start at least.

Well at least you're not in immediate danger. Appointment is to far away now, just try to keep some hope. :hugs:

Aww thanks! :hugs:

Have done, took me a while to figure out how to do it. :facepalm:

Not to worry, well done :yy:

Original post by Nut.
There's only one way to find out. :sexface:

Spoiler

Private room at dep soc meet, clipboard, and then we can run some 'tests'... :colone:
Why is writing a simple email so hard? Keep worrying it isn't polite enough, but don't know what else to put. Just want to tell a lecturer I can't attend his lecture due to an appointment.
Reply 4202
Why is writing a simple email so hard? Keep worrying it isn't polite enough, but don't know what else to put. Just want to tell a lecturer I can't attend his lecture due to an appointment.

I always feel like an idiot when I write emails :colondollar:

I'm not entirely comfortable with starting "Dear [lecturer's name].
'Hi' seems too informal, 'hello' just too cheerful, and what else is there?

I think I prefer phones to email now, which is saying something!
Makes sense that she will be thinking about it and wanting you to feel better. You're right, probably best to try not to think of it in that way though. :hugs:

Will do the plan in a min. Tried taking the tablets in the morning instead to see if I would feel any less tired but felt at least as tired today. Told one housemate today, that's a start at least.

Well at least you're not in immediate danger. Appointment is to far away now, just try to keep some hope. :hugs:

It is a very good start, well done! :hugs:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Nut.
I always feel like an idiot when I write emails :colondollar:

I'm not entirely comfortable with starting "Dear [lecturer's name].
'Hi' seems too informal, 'hello' just too cheerful, and what else is there?

I think I prefer phones to email now, which is saying something!

Me too! Another thing is that almost everyone calls lecturers by their first name but I feel so uncomfortable doing that, but then worry calling them Dr .... comes across as a bit unfriendly.

Same, at least then you can't spend ages worrying and cringing over it, you just have to say something there and then.
Reply 4205
Me too! Another thing is that almost everyone calls lecturers by their first name but I feel so uncomfortable doing that, but then worry calling them Dr .... comes across as a bit unfriendly.

Same, at least then you can't spend ages worrying and cringing over it, you just have to say something there and then.

Oh God yeah, working out what to call them. :nooo:
It's almost physically painful. :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
It is a very good start, well done! :hugs:

Spoiler

Thanks! Made a plan (conveniently starting tomorrow :colondollar:), looks all nice and lovely but hmm wonder how long I will stick to it.

Spoiler

Original post by Nut.
Oh God yeah, working out what to call them. :nooo:
It's almost physically painful. :frown:

Isn't it! In person I always get so awkward about that I never end up addressing them at all.
Ending emails aswell! I have gone for "regards" this time. :colondollar:
Thanks! Made a plan (conveniently starting tomorrow :colondollar:), looks all nice and lovely but hmm wonder how long I will stick to it.

Spoiler

Well done for making it, here's hoping you manage to stick to it :hugs:

I haven't seen her around school so I'm not sure if she's been in. If I see her tomorrow Ill definitely ask her.
Reply 4209
Original post by SeaJay
Really glad you're feeling better! Keep it up :smile:

Thanks :jumphug:. And still feeling better :smile:. Got loads of homework for tomorrow, but right now it seems nothing can ruin my mood.

Whatever for? :teehee:

:biggrin: :biggrin: lool. Two things happened:

Spoiler

Well done for making it, here's hoping you manage to stick to it :hugs:

I haven't seen her around school so I'm not sure if she's been in. If I see her tomorrow Ill definitely ask her.

Thanks! :hugs:

Ah right. Really hope you feel better soon. :jumphug:
Original post by rmhumphries
Don't think like that, take the days 1 at a time, and enjoy the fact they are good - don't live in worry about when/if the fall is coming.

Hmm, I guess so :tongue: :hugs: I make a special effort to identify you without an avatar :smile:

:biggrin: I am special. Today stayed pretty good. Had a few meetings and went shopping in town. Came home to a reply from my doctor - I wrote him a letter asking him to explain a major depressive episode and he's asked that I make an appointment to discuss it. Incredibly nervous now that I've annoyed him in some way :frown:

Original post by Alofleicester
yay! :crazy:

What's also great is there's no pollen or anything around, so hayfever's not kicked in and I could actually go out and enjoy it being sunny without having to take those horrible otc anti-allergen pills each morning.

Can already see where things are going to go wrong though - room inspection on Thursday, and despite being a bit of a clean freak (I say a bit of, I consider my CD's/books to be unclean if they aren't ordered alphabetically by Artist/author, then chronologically by release within each artist/author), they're gonna find some massive problem. I know it.

I hate those allergy tablets :frown: Slightest bit of pollen and I become disgusting. And I have to take them when I have mild food reactions - had to have them last week because I ate mussels and it turns out I'm allergic to them :frown:

You'll be fine :smile: I really need to clean my room while I have the energy to it!
Sorry about the late replies folks... :puppyeyes:

Original post by Rainfaery
I mean, I know it's not certain. But the horror stories on the internet have terrified me. I know that if I were to start gaining weight I would totally stop eating. I'm not sure if it's worth risking that, and triggering my eating disorder.

I've been okay. Up and down really. How about you?

Yeah, that does sound like something it'd be hard not to worry about. Might be workable if you had enough people checking on you to see that you don't start slipping back into old habits, but otherwise maybe another drug would work better for you.

Same. Had a few good days, and some other utterly abysmal ones. Coming up to Edinburgh for a week or so this month by the way, starting on the 22nd. Let me know if you want me to beat your sorry ass at scrabble again. :biggrin:

Original post by ViceVersa
Sounds good. :smile: Awesome! Hope things keep improving, and you feel better yet :h:

Awww :blushing: I should be able to go, although it's too early to say I can defo come due to dates and location and stuff not finalised, and also the money and other reasons that could crop up. Should be able to though :bigsmile: Hope you all won't reject me when you take one look at me, a little apprehensive about that...:afraid:

Yay, this news pleases me. We probably won't reject you, but to make sure maybe you should bake us each a cake with our usernames iced on top and covered in edible glitter, or put on a miniature fireworks display or suchlike. :yes:

Original post by Sabertooth
I'm ugly as hell, you can't be any worse, and I wasn't rejected at previous meets. You'll be fine :smile: It'd be cool if you could make it.

Dude, you're not ugly.

Original post by Chrisofsmeg
Sorry I've not been around for a while, again. Been very busy with college work. Very much regretting taking this EPQ now.

So yeah, I've got 4 medicine rejections. Gap year time. Woo.

:console: That sucks, but I wouldn't knock gap years, you can have a completely awesome time if you spend your time well. I spent my one mostly volunteering, with a couple of months of travelling thrown in, and it was by far the best year of my life.

Original post by 35mm_
Feeling awful. Crisis sent an ambulance out to me about three this morning. I was lying in the middle of the street hysterical. I don't remember much except being let out today. I'll probably be admitted to respite sometime this week :frown:

:hugs: Hope you're ok, and if you do get taken in somewhere do you have someone from the society's mobile number so you can let us know you're alright (I'm a phoneless freak, else I'd give you mines)?

And remember - one day we crazies shall rule the earth, and together we can make it burn. :mwuaha:

Original post by Pareidolia
Man, I love South Park. Never fails to cheer me up when I'm down. :biggrin:

You have no idea how many times I've watched South Park for hours just to get through the day. I want to be just like Cartman. :love:

Original post by Sabertooth
Got told everything is fine, apparently because I don't have thought disorder everything is fine and dandy.

After an hour and a half of arguing I got given quetiapine. I swore I'd never take that **** again and yet here I am, with another prescription for it, that's how desperate for sleep I am.

Also found out my prolactin levels are 4000 times higher than normal. I feel like that's some kind of achievement. How many people can say they have 4000 times the normal amount of anything? Hell yeah :cool: U-S-A U-S-A!

Your doctors piss me off so ****ing much! :mad: Isn't it obvious to them that there's a clear pattern you keep repeating with your illness, and that just because you don't have thought disorder now it doesn't mean you're alright?

I hope at least the quetiapine helps you sleep, otherwise we'll all club together and make you a special cocktail of lovely alcohols and barbiturates, which should do the job nicely.

Over 4000? :awesome: Nicely done. :five:

Original post by rmhumphries
Private room at dep soc meet, clipboard, and then we can run some 'tests'... :colone:

I am willing to nobly sacrifice myself in the name of Science. I would also add that we ought to video our tests, for the benefit of humanity and mankind in general. :smile:
Thanks! :hugs:

Ah right. Really hope you feel better soon. :jumphug:

I can't get used to you not being anon!
Reply 4214

I can't get used to you not being anon!

It's just easier to follow your conversation (in a completely non-creepy way) now that only one of you is anonymous though. :yes:
Original post by superwolf

:hugs: Hope you're ok, and if you do get taken in somewhere do you have someone from the society's mobile number so you can let us know you're alright (I'm a phoneless freak, else I'd give you mines)?

Hey. Thanks for your concern. I've got to wait until Thursday to see whether my consultant as admitting me or not. The way things are going I think it's almost definite I'm going, and if I don't agree they'll section me. I don't blame them though, I've been acting very oddly lately and my psychosis is so bad right now.

The phone number thing sounds good. Does anybody mind me having theirs so I can update you all on how i'm getting on if I do get admitted?
Reply 4216
Original post by 35mm_
Hey. Thanks for your concern. I've got to wait until Thursday to see whether my consultant as admitting me or not. The way things are going I think it's almost definite I'm going, and if I don't agree they'll section me. I don't blame them though, I've been acting very oddly lately and my psychosis is so bad right now.

The phone number thing sounds good. Does anybody mind me having theirs so I can update you all on how i'm getting on if I do get admitted?

I'll PM you
Original post by Nut.
It's just easier to follow your conversation (in a completely non-creepy way) now that only one of you is anonymous though. :yes:

But I wanted to follow them creepily. :sad:

Original post by 35mm_

Mmm, it does seem likely. I hope at least you get to go into a respite place, sounds better than hospital by miles. Must feel awful getting let out only to just end up going back in again - I hope you get a better break soon. :hugs:

Even if you do go back in, would be great if you can still come along to a meet up. :yep: Once we get you some phone numbers then I'm sure people will be able to pass on the details of where and when we decide on (I'm so ****ing grateful my hospital had internet, don't see how I'd have survived without it :eek:). Also, if it looks like you'll be in for more than just a little while, if you want me to write/send you something again then just text someone the hospital's address, and they can pass it on to me. :smile:
Reply 4218
One thing I did yesterday was write the following on one of the homescreens of my phone:

"Do not worry about not having a social life. It worked fine for ages".

I really need a haircut :frown:. I hate haircuts.
Original post by Nut.

Good stuff! :h:
Original post by superwolf
But I wanted to follow them creepily. :sad:

:naughty:

Latest