The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5920
Original post by ViceVersa
This is what my close friend said to me today "Just forget you're depressed, FORGET you're upset. Just don't think about it. DON'T think at all, don't think about ANYTHING. Just BE" didn't know how to reply to that, nor do I exactly know HOW actually to JUST BE. No but seriously, am I missing something? How do I suddenly turn everything off and go back to JUST BEING. How do I be 'myself', what does it all even mean? :indiff:

Such a useless thing to say :console:.

I was told to enjoy my psychosis because at least it 'made life interesting'. Yes, because believing that everyone is watching you and waiting for you to 'evolve' before capturing you to experiment on you is really fun. :lolwut:

Haven't spoken to him for over 18 months now. :teehee:
Original post by Anonymous
If your concentration lapses in the exam then at least you know you'll have extra time if you fancy a nap :tongue:

I'm not sure, when I went they were talking to her by herself but I think they were just going on about what I had said because my mum wasn't in the room when I was talking about stuff.

Spoiler

I suppose so, didn't think of it like that. :tongue:
After doing any work during the day I always spend all evening lazing about. :ashamed:

Ah right, well hopefully they might educate her on potential triggers, I would imagine that would be pretty common.

Spoiler

Original post by avhhs
The funny thing is that I don't even know the exact thing they said which caused me to leave. All I remember is that a boy saying that I said something, which caused my best friend to say that "girls are not objects". Before that there was a girl that I called a "bitch", because she always does something to get me in a bad mood. It didn't help that a lot of the people that were in the class are those that have bullied me in the past, or still do. :frown:.

Spoiler

How are you today? :hugs:

Yer I totally get what you mean with the not knowing what set you off, that is one of the things that annoys me most about me. that people now know that if they say anything I will immediately just get angry or upset. And I have no control over it and as soon as it happens I feel like complete **** I just hate it. I hate that most of the time it involves me shouting at my bf for nothing and then getting really upset about it. I just wish I wasn't so all over the place! :hugs:

I started to get better for a bit to, and now I can't understand how I have got so bad again :frown: try and stay strong and positive though hun, got the meeting people in london to look forward to :smile: just hope you get through all this without having to be sectioned hun, but if that is the only way you would feel safe!

I am not doing good, got my Drs appointment tomorrow and absolutely ****ing it! I hate going and I don't want to go they are absolutely horrible about it all. But I can't afford to not do anything about it and ruin my degree, my chances for my next degree and my relationship :frown: Looking after the house home alone tonight which is **** as well!

You back home yet then? Feeling any better? :hugs:
Original post by warp2125
Yikes... I just asked this girl out... afew months ago or even afew weeks ago I would never have done that... I deffo think the CBT is helping... only prob now I have done it im nervous as hell.....
Congrats dude!

+rep coming your way :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Webberino
I suppose so, didn't think of it like that. :tongue:
After doing any work during the day I always spend all evening lazing about. :ashamed:

Ah right, well hopefully they might educate her on potential triggers, I would imagine that would be pretty common.

Spoiler

It'll probably be better for you in the long run if you don't tire yourself out by working constantly. Take the break! :hugs:

Hopefully, yeah.

Spoiler

I think I've changed my mind about the leavers do again. Looking at Facebook pictures from last years and I think I'd regret it if I didn't go, I might even be feeling better by then. Even if I don't enjoy it, I'm sure there will be a corner I can hide in. The main reason I'm not going is because my friends have already organised transport to school without me but turning up with parents is normal so I could just walk up with my mum and wait for my friends.

Massive wave of positivity! Now for this damn homework :tongue:
It'll probably be better for you in the long run if you don't tire yourself out by working constantly. Take the break! :hugs:

Hopefully, yeah.

Spoiler

I think I've changed my mind about the leavers do again. Looking at Facebook pictures from last years and I think I'd regret it if I didn't go, I might even be feeling better by then. Even if I don't enjoy it, I'm sure there will be a corner I can hide in. The main reason I'm not going is because my friends have already organised transport to school without me but turning up with parents is normal so I could just walk up with my mum and wait for my friends.

Massive wave of positivity! Now for this damn homework :tongue:

I suppose, just feel guilty taking such a long break after not that much work.
Don't know whether til wait til Friday to see my advisor about the exams or email the teaching hub lady back. Seeing mentor Friday this week. Already missing him. :colondollar:

Spoiler

That's fair enough, better to give it a go if you think you might regret not going. Even if you don't enjoy, you will probably have something to look back and laugh at. I went to a sixth form ball where my (I assume drunk) chemistry teacher dragged me out my seat onto the floor and tried (but failed) to make me dance. :laugh:
Good luck with the homework! :hugs:
(edited 12 years ago)
I suppose, just feel guilty taking such a long break after not that much work.
Don't know whether til wait til Friday to see my advisor about the exams or email the teaching hub lady back. Seeing mentor Friday this week. Already missing him. :colondollar:

Spoiler

That's fair enough, better to give it a go if you think you might regret not going. Even if you don't enjoy, you will probably have something to look back and laugh at. I went to a sixth form ball where my (I assume drunk) chemistry teacher dragged me out my seat onto the floor and tried (but failed) to make me dance. :laugh:
Good luck with the homework! :hugs:

You could perhaps try and make up for it tomorrow :hugs:
You could e-mail the teaching hub lady and if she's no use, speak to your advisor.
Becoming obsessed with people is not a good idea, I'm definitely in love with an old teacher of mine and my heart still pounds whenever I see her across the yard. :mmm: I once went through a freaky phase when she was all I could think about, so glad I got myself out of it! At one point I'm sure things I used to do were illegal :tongue: I'm not weird, I swear.
Oh dear, haha! Dancing makes me want to curl up and never be seen again.
Thanks, I've done it.
Feeling guilty for being a bit more positive for once, hmmm :sigh:
Feeling pretty crappy. I'm unbelievably stressed out and now that the side effects from the ADs have worn off, I'm convinced that they'll do nothing (I was like this last time I was on them). I have so much work to do in very little time. I've emailed student support to tell them that I am not coping. I told them when I saw them that things were improving. That night was the worst I've ever cried. Sometimes I feel even worse than the last time I had depression...
Sick and tired of everything. I want a rest from this.
Original post by ViceVersa
This is what my close friend said to me today "Just forget you're depressed, FORGET you're upset. Just don't think about it. DON'T think at all, don't think about ANYTHING. Just BE" didn't know how to reply to that, nor do I exactly know HOW actually to JUST BE. No but seriously, am I missing something? How do I suddenly turn everything off and go back to JUST BEING. How do I be 'myself', what does it all even mean? :indiff:

Sounds like the mindfullness stuff I was doing with a psychologist, a bit like the whole 'zen' thing or the power of now. It is meant to be quite helpful but it's certainly not just a question of not thinking about things. Maybe thats what your friend was going for?
Original post by sunfowers01
Sick and tired of everything. I want a rest from this.

completely agree ... exhausted of feeling like this all the time! :hugs: hope you're alright though!
You could perhaps try and make up for it tomorrow :hugs:
You could e-mail the teaching hub lady and if she's no use, speak to your advisor.
Becoming obsessed with people is not a good idea, I'm definitely in love with an old teacher of mine and my heart still pounds whenever I see her across the yard. :mmm: I once went through a freaky phase when she was all I could think about, so glad I got myself out of it! At one point I'm sure things I used to do were illegal :tongue: I'm not weird, I swear.
Oh dear, haha! Dancing makes me want to curl up and never be seen again.
Thanks, I've done it.
Feeling guilty for being a bit more positive for once, hmmm :sigh:

Will try, if I wake up in time to make a flask of tea, should be able to stay at uni for a while. :tongue:
Library was really full today though, I think the cramming period has officially begun. :eek:
Might try that, eurgh I hate emails, it will be like "hi again, they still haven't fixed it." :colondollar:
I know, he wouldn't be my first obsession. :colondollar:
Awww. Reckon it happens to a lot of people. :tongue:
Me too :shy2:
Wooo! Well done! :jumphug:
:console:
(edited 12 years ago)
Will try, if I wake up in time to make a flask of tea, should be able to stay at uni for a while. :tongue:
Library was really full today though, I think the cramming period has officially begun. :eek:
Might try that, eurgh I hate emails, it will be like "hi again, they still haven't fixed it." :colondollar:
I know, he wouldn't be my first obsession. :colondollar:
Awww. Reckon it happens to a lot of people. :tongue:
Me too :shy2:
Wooo! Well done! :jumphug:
:console:

Sounds again, good luck with it all! :hugs:
I'm sure they get loads of people doing that, try not to to think too much into it. Saying that, I do the exact same when I'm sending e-mails :tongue:
I'm so glad other people do that too, I thought it was me just being strange.
Reply 5933
hey, I'm new.. I've requested to join the group thing, can I post on here before?
Original post by JT2012
hey, I'm new.. I've requested to join the group thing, can I post on here before?

Yes sure, I don't think many of us are even members. Just post away.
Reply 5935
Original post by bullettheory
Yes sure, I don't think many of us are even members. Just post away.

Cheers :blow::blow: didn't want to set off on the wrong foot.. gonna try and read back a bit through some of the posts
feeling completely **** at the moment, just don't see the point in everything currently .... and really worried about going back to the GPs tomorrow because they have been really rubbish! grrrrrr, sorry rant over! Hope everyone else is doing alright
Reply 5937
currently having a really good day, although getting incredibly nervous about my day tomorrow, off workshadowing.. argh
Is anyone else doing CBT? (Cognitive behaviour therapy) I've had my first session today and he's already given me a self help booklet which has given me more knowledge so far. It doesn't help though that i find him very attractive and it's really distracting because i just want to stare at him all session lol xD (atleast i have something to feel happy about everyweek) I feel like i'm being supported and i'm on the right path, although i'm not getting my hopes up too much as there will be good and bad days to come. Probably the worst part of depression is paranoia everytime i go outside.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5939
Got an appointment with GP tomorrow right in the middle of when I usually go for my walk :unimpressed:.

Mood's still doing good though. :party:

Latest