The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

:frown:Need someone to talk to just now :frown:
Original post by Idle
Appointment with my consultant on Thursday, pretty sure now that I feel a lot better nothing will be done and the fact I have been in a psych hospital 3 times in the last 14 months will be ignored as usual. I guess I just enjoy the good months before the expected massive crash :h:

Go in there with the task of telling them things haven't been fine. Make them listen.
Has anyone heard from 35mm_ in the last 24 hours? I'm really worried.
Original post by sunfowers01
:frown:Need someone to talk to just now :frown:

:hugs: not spoke to you before but feel free to PM me or on here if you want to chat! Hope you're alright!

Original post by avhhs
I do the same. Always get in that awkward situation where I'm not concentrating and the teacher notices this and asks me a question, which I don't know the answer to because I was daydreaming! :colondollar: Then you get these people who always spend their free lessons in the library, and actually concentrate and then later talk about how much they done. I always get tempted to go outside school :colondollar:

I suppose so. Just can't wait :tongue:. Better become more active again in looking for jobs, and actually get my CV done!

:hugs: Hope everything goes well when you go back :smile:

Meeting wasn't that good. It was to do with the whole family. We were talking about the atmosphere at home. Got another one next week.

:hugs:

Yer Luckily as there are so many people in my lectures (400 ish) they don't ask question but I always walk out of lectures knowing absolutely nothing! And it takes so much effort for me to be able to do any of my work at all :frown:

Yer I need to start getting more active with job searching and what not, really don't like looking for jobs though! Hope your job searching goes alright though :smile:

Sorry the meeting wasn't that good though, did you say everything you wanted to say though? hopefully the next one will go better :hugs:
Original post by Anonymous
Not yet. She said the appointment should be sent within 2 weeks and it is 2 weeks today since my appointment so it should be here soon. I bet it will be a while until the appointment anyway.

I know you were only gone for a day but I genuinely really missed you :colondollar:
Awww, that's sad :frown:
Moving on sounds the best thing if you've exhausted everything. :hugs:
Hopefully they will be moved forward, didn't mentor man say they would be?

Change of plan for my mums birthday tomorrow. Nurture lady, my mum and me are all going out for lunch. Really hoping it won't be too awkward.
My mood is right back down for some reason. I think I'm a bit hard on myself when I feel like this, I really do find it hard to do a lot of stuff when compared with my mood last week.
You may use that against me in the future :ninja:

Hope you're not waiting too long. :hugs:

Aww I missed you too. :jumphug:
Will probably go again sometime over easter, hopefully will get to use it then.
Hopefully I can ask the lecturer about it after easter. The next section is hard though, going to have to do some reading before I can answer any questions. The lecturer kind of rushed through the last two sections of the module, I have no idea what they're about. :lol:
We had a meeting about it with the teaching hub and the manager looked over the gp letter and said it seemed fine, so it looks hopeful but have to wait to see if it's approved by the exams office. The manager said it might take a while as the staff will be taking their holidays over easter. Got sent a timetable with all the exams this time incase it doesn't get approved. The three new ones are quite close together and all in the morning, so really hope they do get delayed. :crossedf:

Ah could be nice, hopefully they will keep the conversation light as it's her birthday. Hope it goes alright. :hugs:
Sorry that's happened. :console:
I think you're right, but it's good that you've been able to recognise that, hopefully you will be able to be a bit more lenient with yourself now. :hugs:
Noted :tongue:
Reply 6545
Original post by Phoenix07

Yer Luckily as there are so many people in my lectures (400 ish) they don't ask question but I always walk out of lectures knowing absolutely nothing! And it takes so much effort for me to be able to do any of my work at all :frown:

Yer I need to start getting more active with job searching and what not, really don't like looking for jobs though! Hope your job searching goes alright though :smile:

Sorry the meeting wasn't that good though, did you say everything you wanted to say though? hopefully the next one will go better :hugs:

Wow. That is a lot of people. And I know what you mean. Often happens to me too. And then I just can't be bothered to revise what we learnt before the next lesson, which means I also go into next lesson knowing absolutely nothing :colondollar:.

Yeah same :hugs:

I think I did. But do hope the next one is better :smile:

I brought a small pad for writing down revision notes. Now I actually need to make myself write on it!

Hope you are feeling good :hugs:
Original post by Noodlzzz

:nope: I am too...not been on Skype either :erm:
Feeling really low and lonely. Meds don't seem to be working. Alone with my thoughts. Been sat here for the past 3 hours.
Reply 6548
Go in there with the task of telling them things haven't been fine. Make them listen.

Easier said than done with him :tongue:
Reply 6549

According to FB she went out last night, i'm sure she's ok :smile:
Original post by avhhs
Wow. That is a lot of people. And I know what you mean. Often happens to me too. And then I just can't be bothered to revise what we learnt before the next lesson, which means I also go into next lesson knowing absolutely nothing :colondollar:.

Yeah same :hugs:

I think I did. But do hope the next one is better :smile:

I brought a small pad for writing down revision notes. Now I actually need to make myself write on it!

Hope you are feeling good :hugs:

Yer I am the same with lectures, I just give up a lot of the time because I know I don't know what they are talking about and I won't be able to pay attention enough in the lecture, don't know why I bother sometimes :frown:

Glad you managed to say what you wanted though, did the list writing help?

Haha yer I always am really good at buying myself note paper and pens and stuff for revision and then never actually do any of it! Need to start soon though!

I am feeling really **** again tonight, the good mood from last night really didn't last at all! Just really wish I could just not feel like this all the time, it is really **** :frown: hope you're ok though!
Original post by Webberino
Hope you're not waiting too long. :hugs:

Aww I missed you too. :jumphug:
Will probably go again sometime over easter, hopefully will get to use it then.
Hopefully I can ask the lecturer about it after easter. The next section is hard though, going to have to do some reading before I can answer any questions. The lecturer kind of rushed through the last two sections of the module, I have no idea what they're about. :lol:
We had a meeting about it with the teaching hub and the manager looked over the gp letter and said it seemed fine, so it looks hopeful but have to wait to see if it's approved by the exams office. The manager said it might take a while as the staff will be taking their holidays over easter. Got sent a timetable with all the exams this time incase it doesn't get approved. The three new ones are quite close together and all in the morning, so really hope they do get delayed. :crossedf:

Ah could be nice, hopefully they will keep the conversation light as it's her birthday. Hope it goes alright. :hugs:
Sorry that's happened. :console:
I think you're right, but it's good that you've been able to recognise that, hopefully you will be able to be a bit more lenient with yourself now. :hugs:
Noted :tongue:

Hope it goes well and all gets sorted for you :hugs:
Hopefully it will, if everybody else has been fine with it then I don't see why they shouldn't be.

Yeah, they should do. As I've said before, just need to remember they've been friends for a lot longer than all of this.
Here's hoping!
Reply 6552
Yer I am the same with lectures, I just give up a lot of the time because I know I don't know what they are talking about and I won't be able to pay attention enough in the lecture, don't know why I bother sometimes :frown:

Glad you managed to say what you wanted though, did the list writing help?

Haha yer I always am really good at buying myself note paper and pens and stuff for revision and then never actually do any of it! Need to start soon though!

I am feeling really **** again tonight, the good mood from last night really didn't last at all! Just really wish I could just not feel like this all the time, it is really **** :frown: hope you're ok though!

:hugs: At least you make the effort to go there. Better than staying at home :smile:

I did write it, but I didn't look at it. I thought it would have caused too many problems, if you get what I mean :tongue:

I am about to start! :yay: Just need to stop myself coming on here :colondollar:

:jumphug: Really hope you get better soon :smile:

Original post by avhhs
:hugs: At least you make the effort to go there. Better than staying at home :smile:

I did write it, but I didn't look at it. I thought it would have caused too many problems, if you get what I mean :tongue:

I am about to start! :yay: Just need to stop myself coming on here :colondollar:

:jumphug: Really hope you get better soon :smile:

Yup have made a real effort this term to actually go into university for all my lectures, has been hard work, and hasn't happened but I tried :frown:

haha well maybe you should just go offline then if you want to get some work done? If I am on here and facebook I never get anything done :tongue: but sorry I can stop talking at you if you want to work?

Thanks though, I hope I feel better soon to! found out I got accepted to the uni I want for september but I am now really stressed about that! Not sure I could cope with doing it all again especially if I am still feeling like this :frown: should have been a good thing that I got accepted but it really is turning into more stress!

Reply 6554
Yup have made a real effort this term to actually go into university for all my lectures, has been hard work, and hasn't happened but I tried :frown:

haha well maybe you should just go offline then if you want to get some work done? If I am on here and facebook I never get anything done :tongue: but sorry I can stop talking at you if you want to work?

Thanks though, I hope I feel better soon to! found out I got accepted to the uni I want for september but I am now really stressed about that! Not sure I could cope with doing it all again especially if I am still feeling like this :frown: should have been a good thing that I got accepted but it really is turning into more stress!

:console: Don't worry too much :smile:

Maybe that's a good idea :biggrin:. But first I need to clean all the mess in my room, as it's completely distracting me :colondollar: :tongue:

Congratulations :yay:. Don't stress about it - you worked hard and you deserve it :smile:

Original post by avhhs
:console: Don't worry too much :smile:

Maybe that's a good idea :biggrin:. But first I need to clean all the mess in my room, as it's completely distracting me :colondollar: :tongue:

Congratulations :yay:. Don't stress about it - you worked hard and you deserve it :smile:

I don't know how to not stress and worry :tongue: It is the one thing that I am actually good at! Stressing and worrying about everything just comes naturally to me!

But yup mess is obviously a horrid distraction, procrastinating much?

Thanks though, I am glad I got in! Just think it came during a bad time! Few weeks ago would have been fine but everything has just gone down hill recently and just don't seem to know how to cope with anything at all :frown:

Hope work is going ok? :hugs:
Reply 6556
I don't know how to not stress and worry :tongue: It is the one thing that I am actually good at! Stressing and worrying about everything just comes naturally to me!

But yup mess is obviously a horrid distraction, procrastinating much?

Thanks though, I am glad I got in! Just think it came during a bad time! Few weeks ago would have been fine but everything has just gone down hill recently and just don't seem to know how to cope with anything at all :frown:

Hope work is going ok? :hugs:

Lol :biggrin:

Don't worry. I'm sure you will be able to cope :smile:

Work hasn't gone good at all. I cleaned my room and had written one word, but my dad came into the room and refused to leave. I can't do anything with him around. So got myself in a very bad mood and now completely cannot concentrate at all :cry:. Decided to go to sleep. I don't understand his problem. It was the one time I was able to concentrate as well :cry:

Hope you're in a better situation than me? :hugs:
Original post by avhhs
Lol :biggrin:

Don't worry. I'm sure you will be able to cope :smile:

Work hasn't gone good at all. I cleaned my room and had written one word, but my dad came into the room and refused to leave. I can't do anything with him around. So got myself in a very bad mood and now completely cannot concentrate at all :cry:. Decided to go to sleep. I don't understand his problem. It was the one time I was able to concentrate as well :cry:

Hope you're in a better situation than me? :hugs:

Owh thats really **** hun :hugs: don't know why parents are so difficult sometimes! maybe you should try and get some sleep then if you can't work! Hope you manage to get some work done at somepoint though without your dad getting in the way!

Chest pains have got really bad tonight, they are making me feel really dizzy and sick, so all in all not great :/ might try sleep and hope they are gone in the morning although not sure I'll be able to sleep if the pain keeps up :frown:

Reply 6558
Owh thats really **** hun :hugs: don't know why parents are so difficult sometimes! maybe you should try and get some sleep then if you can't work! Hope you manage to get some work done at somepoint though without your dad getting in the way!

Chest pains have got really bad tonight, they are making me feel really dizzy and sick, so all in all not great :/ might try sleep and hope they are gone in the morning although not sure I'll be able to sleep if the pain keeps up :frown:

Thanks :smile:. Really wish he wasn't around. He deliberately winds me up. Just want to somehow get rid of him, so that he never got in my way in anything. I want him to die. At times I just want to quit education and get a full-time job, so that I'm able to find somewhere to live alone without anyone causing me problems.

:console: Oh no. Hope you get better. I'm having chest pains too right now, and had a panic attack earlier. Just want my whole family to not be there.

Can't sleep and it's making me rather grouchy :indiff:

I think the worst thing about insomnia is the unbearable boredom, at least with sleep the hours go by seemingly quickly and you can dream about random junk like playing battleships against an opponent who is in fact a giant talking hermit crab :s-smilie:

Latest