The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Webberino
Yay! *grabs chocolate* :tongue:
I like that plan. :colone:
Put the microwave on, went upstairs then came down to find the food sitting infront of the microwave rather than it. :lol:
Think I'm in need of some sleep. :tongue:

That's good. :hugs:
Whoops :mmm: :tongue:

Haha! That's funny :mmm:

Feeling odd tonight. Like, I'm feeling down but can't stop spinning around on my chair.
I know I've sort of ignored other posts in here today but I need to freak out.

I'm going on a date on Friday with a friend. I don't like him as anything more, but he seems really keen. He's made reservations at a nice restaurant and is making heavy hints that he's going to give me flowers and that he's just looking for a nice girl that he has a laugh with and blah blah blah.
And I'm so freaked out and I'm worried that it'll seem like I'm leading him on if I wait until after Friday to tell him that I don't like him... Oh godddd what do I do?

:frown:
Original post by warp2125
Cough, cough >>>> http://www.4shared.com/

Just type in CBT in the search bar. I tried the CBT for dummies.... dont laugh..lol.. but tis easy to read and in clear english...last thing you need when your not feeling too good is to have some ponce spout nonsense at you.

:smile:

Is the site free and easy to use?
Original post by angelbones
I know I've sort of ignored other posts in here today but I need to freak out.

I'm going on a date on Friday with a friend. I don't like him as anything more, but he seems really keen. He's made reservations at a nice restaurant and is making heavy hints that he's going to give me flowers and that he's just looking for a nice girl that he has a laugh with and blah blah blah.
And I'm so freaked out and I'm worried that it'll seem like I'm leading him on if I wait until after Friday to tell him that I don't like him... Oh godddd what do I do?

:frown:

It does seems as if he wants to be more than friends :colondollar: , if its really worrying you then you should tell him that you just want to be friends but tell him you will still go, friends can still spend time together over a meal :smile: good luck with it
Original post by kahinalouise
It does seems as if he wants to be more than friends :colondollar: , if its really worrying you then you should tell him that you just want to be friends but tell him you will still go, friends can still spend time together over a meal :smile: good luck with it

Yeah :s-smilie:
I just spoke to him and he admitted he liked me, and I admitted that I don't like him like that. We're still going to dinner but I feel so much calmer about it now that there aren't any expectations. Phew.
Thank you though :smile:
Reply 7145
Slept for a bit earlier and now I don't seem to be able to sleep more for now :frown:. Really need to fix my sleeping pattern before school starts again next week. Also have an appointment tomorrow :frown:. Also can't get rid of the feeling of loneliness :frown:
Original post by avhhs
Slept for a bit earlier and now I don't seem to be able to sleep more for now :frown:. Really need to fix my sleeping pattern before school starts again next week. Also have an appointment tomorrow :frown:. Also can't get rid of the feeling of loneliness :frown:

:hugs: (sorry it probably annoys you that I keep replying but still) hope you're alright hun! What appointment you got tomorrow? but I think there is something in the air at the moment, feeling really lonely at the mo too! You always have us though :hugs:
Original post by avhhs

I hate myself for saying this, but have you tried basic 'sleep hygiene' techniques? I.e. use bed for sleeping only, if you don't fall asleep within 20 minutes get up, and then try again, set a time for waking up, and no naps.

It's not a guaranteed fix, but you might as well try it.
Mt brother is on tsr so have to keep this anon. My doctor has talked to my counsellor and according to my counsellor , the dr will be phoning me tomorrow. I am dreading it. I don't want him to ring home.
I am panicking and unsure what to do :frown: I got no credit on phone so I can ring practice so i can get in touch with my dr. :frown:

I am panicking.
Reply 7149
Original post by Phoenix07
:hugs: (sorry it probably annoys you that I keep replying but still) hope you're alright hun! What appointment you got tomorrow? but I think there is something in the air at the moment, feeling really lonely at the mo too! You always have us though :hugs:

Its a social services appointment, and I'm really worried about it :sad:

That's true :smile:. Hope you feel better :hugs:

I'm craving for chocolate but there isn't any in the house :cry2:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7150
Original post by laut_biru
I hate myself for saying this, but have you tried basic 'sleep hygiene' techniques? I.e. use bed for sleeping only, if you don't fall asleep within 20 minutes get up, and then try again, set a time for waking up, and no naps.

It's not a guaranteed fix, but you might as well try it.

The "no naps" is the problem. I can't resist them :sad:. Also keep getting tempted by my phone :colondollar:.

:hugs:
Original post by avhhs
The "no naps" is the problem. I can't resist them :sad:. Also keep getting tempted by my phone :colondollar:.

Yeah, no naps is a bitch. Try to, if you possibly can, it's hard at first but a sleeping pattern is more important.
Original post by avhhs
Its a social services appointment, and I'm really worried about it :sad:

That's true :smile:. Hope you feel better :hugs:

I'm craving for chocolate but there isn't any in the house :cry2:

Why you worried about it huni? Thanks :smile: hope you feel better soon too :hugs:

And I know that feeling spend my life craving chocolate, I have some chocolate, but I can't really email you it can I :frown: not eaten yet though so getting quite hungry now!
Reply 7153
Yeah, no naps is a bitch. Try to, if you possibly can, it's hard at first but a sleeping pattern is more important.

Yeah I should. I should also not worry about things so much.
Original post by avhhs
Yeah I should. I should also not worry about things so much.

Easier said than done, right?

Something that is often recommended for worries is if it is important, you write it down.
Reply 7155
Why you worried about it huni? Thanks :smile: hope you feel better soon too :hugs:

And I know that feeling spend my life craving chocolate, I have some chocolate, but I can't really email you it can I :frown: not eaten yet though so getting quite hungry now!

I can't remember the exact time of the appointment, and I'm also generally worried :frown:

:rofl: Virtual chocolate :biggrin:. Does it taste the same as the real thing? :tongue:

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7156
Easier said than done, right?

Something that is often recommended for worries is if it is important, you write it down.

Sometimes that helps :yep:, but I can't really be bothered to do it really :frown:. It's just about the usual things really - no life and no girlfriend :sad:
Original post by avhhs
I can't remember the exact time of the appointment, and I'm also generally worried :frown:

:rofl: Virtual chocolate :biggrin:. Does it taste the same as the real thing? :tongue:

yer virtual chocolate is even better then the real thing :tongue: you just need a really really good imagination!

But I know what you mean I worry about everything, but try not to panic about it to much! You said it went alright last time and you got on well with the woman, so hopefully it'll be alright again this time :hugs

Want me to send you the chocolate now? Would that make you feel better?
Reply 7158
Original post by avhhs

Anyone having sleeping problems should read http://www.supermemo.com/articles/sleep.htm

Even if it does not help you sleep straight away, it will give you a different view (and make you feel not so bad for not sleeping, at least it did for me)

Reading it could have possibly saved my life.
Reply 7159
yer virtual chocolate is even better then the real thing :tongue: you just need a really really good imagination!

But I know what you mean I worry about everything, but try not to panic about it to much! You said it went alright last time and you got on well with the woman, so hopefully it'll be alright again this time :hugs

Want me to send you the chocolate now? Would that make you feel better?

But I don't have a good imagination :tongue:.

I'm just worried about what they will ask me.

I'm about to fall asleep now! :tongue:

Latest