This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ViceVersa
I hope everybody's okay :grouphugs:

Spoiler

Keep fighting VV, we all love you here :smile:

My mate just knocked on my door, and when i opened it he was coughing up blood in a bucket struggling to breathe. Got the medics over and he's ok now, just going to hospital .__.

Scary as hell...i was pacing up and down for a while before i could get myself together.

Just another thing to add to my feelings of crappyness and worry Dx
Original post by kahinalouise
Dilemma :
it might be a bit long; I'm at sixth form , year 12 and my head of year knows about my problems, he doesn't really understand even though he's a psychology teacher :colondollar: anyways I've been feeling worse over the last few week and now with all the exam stress, I'm not sure how I will cope with my AS exams, so today I went and told my head of year this and he said I should have gone to the revision sessions during the half term :frown: he said he thinks I'm going to fail this year and said if I feel really low maybe I should leave now, after I've talked to my psychiatrist (I have an appointment next tuesday)
So I'm not sure what to do, redo year 12 next year or keep going ???
any other advice appreciated, thanks so much :smile:

Is there actually any benefit to you stopping now rather than doing the exams? The way I see it, the school year starts in September so you can't redo year 12 until then, so why wouldn't you do the exams anyway and just see what you get? :confused:
Original post by geetar
I've had another totally wasted day. Two of my flatmates are having friends around and my anxiety is rising, I'm just lying in my room watching 4od because I can't summon up the courage to leave. Pretty pathetic.

Anxiety is an illness, and as such not a weakness and not pathetic. What have you tired so far to overcome it?
Original post by Webberino
That's hard when you're not in a good place though. How was today? :hugs:

Thanks, feel bad, I think this has been the worst week yet for revision. Also new phone arrived today, that hasn't helped with getting distracted. :colondollar:
My first android phone has me amazed as had my previous phone for 3 and a half years and it cost £20 new then. :lol:

Wasn't overly good really.
At the end of the lesson my maths teacher looked over my shoulder to read my answers to the class when I had only copied the example off of the board for the whole lesson. He looked at me and said my name in a really disappointed way and told me to see him next lesson. Didn't make things any better when I hadn't done the past paper that was supposed to be in for that lesson.
Then I had biology where we read out the marks to one of the past papers we did over the Easter holidays. I got the lowest in the class by a long shot and wanted to curl up in a ball under the table and pretend I didn't exist.
Next I had a free so went to RE to do a test I missed when I was at CAMHS. It took me the entire 50 minutes to do the test with a revision sheet while somebody else did two tests without any aids. :sigh:
Then I had chemistry and my friends left me so I was sat by myself like the popular girl I am :awesome:
The rest of my day quite uneventful :laugh:
But I did go to my RE teacher and told her I was quite worried about the exam that was coming up and ended up telling her a bit about how I have been feeling :s-smilie: It seems that once I get comfortable talking to somebody I can't shut up. Ended up telling her I copy off people in the tests we do in class, she didn't seem bothered in the slightest. She was going on about how she was off work last year with stress so she can completely sympathise with not being bothered about anything and told me to go to her if I ever needed anything. She even offered to stay with me after school to go over stuff if I wanted to.
I did try to go and see nurture lady but it as I knocked on the door I heard the phone ringing inside the room so I stood about for a bit waiting but I left a bit stupid so I left. :colondollar:

Well to stop you being distracted maybe you should give the phone to me... :ninja:
Reply 7924
Original post by kahinalouise
Dilemma :
it might be a bit long; I'm at sixth form , year 12 and my head of year knows about my problems, he doesn't really understand even though he's a psychology teacher :colondollar: anyways I've been feeling worse over the last few week and now with all the exam stress, I'm not sure how I will cope with my AS exams, so today I went and told my head of year this and he said I should have gone to the revision sessions during the half term :frown: he said he thinks I'm going to fail this year and said if I feel really low maybe I should leave now, after I've talked to my psychiatrist (I have an appointment next tuesday)
So I'm not sure what to do, redo year 12 next year or keep going ???
any other advice appreciated, thanks so much :smile:

Original post by Sabertooth
Is there actually any benefit to you stopping now rather than doing the exams? The way I see it, the school year starts in September so you can't redo year 12 until then, so why wouldn't you do the exams anyway and just see what you get? :confused:

I have the exact same dilemma :redface: :hugs:.

What I want to do is go ahead with exams, but I'm worried about failing. Sometimes I feel the opposite though. I also want to go somewhere else in September.

However I'm not too sure about what would be the best idea for you :colondollar:. Hate decisions like these :tongue:.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by avhhs
Just don't see the point in anything now. Everyone else is more luckier than me. Nothing goes my way. Everyone just puts pressure on me. Why can't they just leave me alone? I really want to do well but I want to revise how/when I want to. I don't want people telling me that I don't have a lot of time left, or how I should do things.

:mad:

:hugs: Who's putting the pressure on you? Is this for A levels? You have got lots of time left, I didn't even think about revising until a month before my exams, and I did alright. Don't listen to what people have to say, just work at your own pace.
Reply 7926
Original post by bullettheory
Yeah tbh that sounds similar to what I've been feeling. I thought I would go on facebook to try and get some identity back but it just made me freak out because I saw my pictures and I was like 'woah, i just dont recognise this person' and then my name just felt, like it was wrong. And the same thing - I look in the mirror and it just doesn't feel like me, or that I am controlling the person in the mirror, it's like im just observing. I had a read about derealisation and depersonalisation and it did seem to make some sense. How did you get over it, did it just fade with time? Thanks :hugs:

I think it partly faded with time and partly medication helped.

I'd been off medication for about 6 months when it happened to me, and had just been transferred from CAMHS to adult CMHT so it was my first appt with the psychiatrist and he put me on fluoxetine, then added in quetiapine as a stabiliser a week later because I was getting more agitated and mixed/ manic type symptoms.

It was something that definitely got worse when I was stressed, and I was having panic attacks at that point too. I think being given a CPN and meeting with/ talking to her weekly helped a lot too.
It was most likely the quetiapine half knocking me out that got rid of the anxiety I think :tongue:. :hugs:
Went to my second therapy session today after a pretty rough morning. We had an excellent talk and we went through a lot of stuff. I felt like I was actually making progress. Hoping this is the start of a big change. Doing some stuff for myself too. For instance, I've started using teeth whitening strips which have been effective. I've been eating more often too. My therapist suggested going to the gym, which sounds like a good idea. Gotta admit though, I'm petrified that the other people there are gonna make fun of me.
Original post by warp2125
You will just have to tell them that your not in a position to make such a decision. Shame you wont get cash..lol:tongue:

Yep know the feeling of having alot of work to do...lol... as if I would try to get rid of you..:colone:

Haha yer I am in no position to make any sort of decision because I don't want to .. not sure how well that will go down :tongue: lol!

You spending another fun evening working tonight then hun? and yer yer course you wouldn't :hmmm:

Original post by avhhs
OMG Thank you :jumphug:. Its obvious I haven't had a good time recently :sadnod:. Just want my former non-depressed self to be back, if not in a better state than before. It's ruining my life. Not sure how to get it back though :sad:

Yer I know it is difficult to see the end at the moment hun, you just have to keep going and push through it though! Its going to be a long road to get back to where you were but it'll be worth it when you get there :hugs:
Reply 7929
Slept in through my doctors appointment, it was at 4:15pm :tongue:
Original post by avhhs

What I want to do is go ahead with exams, but I'm worried about failing. Sometimes I feel the opposite though. I also want to go somewhere else in September.

However I'm not too sure about what would be the best idea for you :colondollar:. Hate decisions like these :tongue:.

You might as well do them. :dontknow: I mean it doesn't cost you anything except your pride if you fail and who the hell cares anyway? Do your best and if you do well you've got a qualification, if you do badly you can redo it next year.
Reply 7931
Original post by Phoenix07
Haha yer I am in no position to make any sort of decision because I don't want to .. not sure how well that will go down :tongue: lol!

You spending another fun evening working tonight then hun? and yer yer course you wouldn't :hmmm:

Yer I know it is difficult to see the end at the moment hun, you just have to keep going and push through it though! Its going to be a long road to get back to where you were but it'll be worth it when you get there :hugs:

Dont give me that look... its the same look mum gives dad when he's had afew too many with me in the pub and he's trying to sound sober. lol

I have only been in about an hour... got a call to fix another computer.... this ones PSU had blown and taken the lights in the house out with it. The PC needs a new part and I reset the circuit breakers... lights came back on. lol

Now Im settling back into my BIS assignment... how about you?... is it movie night again?
Original post by avhhs

same, I don't wan't to fail :hugs: I've got 8 exams so really not sure, i just need to work everything out , thanks
Do you want to do A2 next year ??
Dont give me that look... its the same look mum gives dad when he's had afew too many with me in the pub and he's trying to sound sober. lol

I have only been in about an hour... got a call to fix another computer.... this ones PSU had blown and taken the lights in the house out with it. The PC needs a new part and I reset the circuit breakers... lights came back on. lol

Now Im settling back into my BIS assignment... how about you?... is it movie night again?

haha well clearly the look worked though didn't it ... was looking for more of a *Ive got my eye on you* look but that was the best I could find!

Ah right ... no idea what any of the comp stuff meant but cool sounds good, glad you had fun :tongue:

But fun fun hope you enjoy the homework hun, dark knight tonight though :smile: well this evening! Housemate is really ill so looking after him :tongue: ahh I am such a nice friend, prewarned him he will be in trouble if he makes me ill though!
Suddenly, I feel really sad and angry. Basically, therapy has really cheered me up, so I came home in a good mood and went to talk to some of my mates. In the space of 10 minutes they've undermined all the work that the therapist helped with today. So yeah, feeling like crap now X_X Me and the therapist were talking about me talking to my friends more, and this is why I don't do it.
Original post by Sabertooth

I'm still in two minds about it, i will just see how things go over the next few weeks thanks though :smile:
Reply 7936
Original post by Phoenix07
haha well clearly the look worked though didn't it ... was looking for more of a *Ive got my eye on you* look but that was the best I could find!

Ah right ... no idea what any of the comp stuff meant but cool sounds good, glad you had fun :tongue:

But fun fun hope you enjoy the homework hun, dark knight tonight though :smile: well this evening! Housemate is really ill so looking after him :tongue: ahh I am such a nice friend, prewarned him he will be in trouble if he makes me ill though!

Hmmm... I think all girls have that look programmed into them. :tongue:

Now hang on... if your going to look after the poor poor chap then you cant make demands like "you dont wanna get me sick"..lol... he will be too afraid to cough...
Original post by Idle
Slept in through my doctors appointment, it was at 4:15pm :tongue:

oops, :smile: was it important , did you get another one ??
Keep seeing light flashes out the corner of my eye :/
Hmmm... I think all girls have that look programmed into them. :tongue:

Now hang on... if your going to look after the poor poor chap then you cant make demands like "you dont wanna get me sick"..lol... he will be too afraid to cough...

haha we have to have looks like that programmed in to try and make sure that you men do as you're told :tongue:

don't you worry though he isn't too scared to cough .... he has been coughing all day :tongue: pretty sure he has already given me his illness though so not impressed! Last thing I want to do is be ill this weekend! I am nice really though :smile: I could just leave him

Latest