The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by venuswaltz
So I thought the online results were just exam marks but it turns out they are overall module results which means I really need to improve my exam technique. I completely flopped my first exam which ruined all the hard work I had done on the essays for that module :frown:

oh well. onwards and upwards! I passed at least.

It'll be fine! :smile: at least you know exactly what you need to improve on and you can start taking the steps to improve upon it.
I know from last semester, rushing an essay and not really proofreading it was my downfall, as well as letting myself get away from the question (and we all know, not really answering the question = a severe downfall in marks).

Every student makes mistakes at some stage, but we'll all become better students because of them :smile:
Original post by Obsidian
Supposed to get my results tomorrow but they are up early! Got 64, 65 and 68! Happy with that :h:

Congratulations! Great results :biggrin: you should be really happy and proud! :smile:
How are you finding semester 2 so far? :smile:
Original post by VanillaTwilight
Anyone else awake? :ninja:

ME.

So strange, was nearly falling asleep on the train this morning but now I'm super awake...

I hate my sleeping routine. :frown:
Original post by VanillaTwilight
Anyone else awake? :ninja:

I'm wide awake because I'm at home for the weekend and my dogs 8 week old puppies are on a 2.30am chaos rampage -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
I went to sleep straight after I posted that aha now thats me awake now... I woke up pretty quickly considering I only had 4 and a bit hours sleep!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Results from 2 module exams, 78 and 92 aha. Turns out working your arse off does actually work. Need these to make up for last term when I did not work my arse off.

Today I need to do cell bio revision. Not sure when the exam for it is but I think its soon :erm:
(edited 11 years ago)
:eek: I got up at 5:30 and started studying at 6 and I've got so much done its unbelievable. Could get used to this, although I think I will have to nap as only got 6 hours sleep. Just going with the flow! I have discovered the lack of suitable breakfast food in my cupboard though which is annoying, going to have to hold out till lunch!
Original post by snailsareslimy
Congratulations! Great results :biggrin: you should be really happy and proud! :smile:
How are you finding semester 2 so far? :smile:

Thank you :smile: We had our feedback e-mailed to us today and it looks like the multiple-choice element of the language exam saved me there! On several questions, I had at least made a 'brave attempt' :giggle:

Semester two is so much more relaxed compared to semester one so far! Only issue is that for two of my modules, the deadlines are for the same day. Think poetry and drama are going well as I have encountered them over my A level, unlike language. Handed in two close reading exercises on monday so I will have to wait and see how they actually went.

I do really miss prose though and I think it might have been better to do all of the modules all year rather than spliting them up. It would be a nightmare to timetable that, I'm sure.

How is your second semester going? Looks like they are keeping you busy!
Original post by Serentonin
Results from 2 module exams, 78 and 92 aha. Turns out working your arse off does actually work. Need these to make up for last term when I did not work my arse off.

Today I need to do cell bio revision. Not sure when the exam for it is but I think its soon :erm:

YAY! Well done - awesome marks!

That's the spirit :smile:
It appears that there is some sort of error with my results.

Basically my overall mark for a module was put as being 56. Yet I was told I got 65 in my 50% weighted exam, 62 in my 15% assessment and 65 in my 35% essay. Therefore, I'm a little confused as where this 56 has come from.. surely the overall mark should be above 60?
I'm hoping it was a typo and that they actually meant to put 65!! It's a bit concerning if this is an administrative error as you'd think they would double check these things :rolleyes:

Either way I have emailed the School Office and am now anxiously awaiting a reply :biggrin:

Basically my overall mark for a module was put as being 56. Yet I was told I got 65 in my 50% weighted exam, 62 in my 15% assessment and 65 in my 35% essay. Therefore, I'm a little confused as where this 56 has come from.. surely the overall mark should be above 60?
I'm hoping it was a typo and that they actually meant to put 65!! It's a bit concerning if this is an administrative error as you'd think they would double check these things :rolleyes:

Either way I have emailed the School Office and am now anxiously awaiting a reply :biggrin:

That's odd! You should at least be somewhere between 62 and 65 for your average! There's no way you could average 56 from those marks. Hopefully you can get it sorted :smile:
Right, big shop done (hopefully enough to last me at least two weeks!) so now I can concentrate on work for most of the weekend.

This Weekend's To Do List:
- Write up Business Economics coursework in full with graphs
- Finish Matrices coursework rough answers and write up first half (second half I'm guessing I'll need to wait until after my tutorial to know if I'm on the right lines)
- Begin (rough answers) Financial Maths coursework
- Matrices exercises (might be best to do this before coursework, as my tutorial should go over the solution on Tuesday, and some questions are very similar)
- Finish Financial Maths notes
- Finish Business Economics notes
- Make a batch of pasta sauce (mushrooms and creme fraiche were reduced in Tesco)

Yes - no way you can average 56 with those grades!

Fingers crossed for you :smile:
Original post by Obsidian
Thank you :smile: We had our feedback e-mailed to us today and it looks like the multiple-choice element of the language exam saved me there! On several questions, I had at least made a 'brave attempt' :giggle:

Semester two is so much more relaxed compared to semester one so far! Only issue is that for two of my modules, the deadlines are for the same day. Think poetry and drama are going well as I have encountered them over my A level, unlike language. Handed in two close reading exercises on monday so I will have to wait and see how they actually went.

I do really miss prose though and I think it might have been better to do all of the modules all year rather than spliting them up. It would be a nightmare to timetable that, I'm sure.

How is your second semester going? Looks like they are keeping you busy!

Very busy! I definitely feel a step up, one of my modules is certainly more challenging than last semester :tongue:
I'm enjoying it, though :smile: no creative writing is such a plus, though! :biggrin:
Why is the house next door to me an 'open house' for UCAS days?! Third tour so far today, all I can hear are (incorrect) facts about the accommodation and people thudding up and downstairs. I'd go to the library if there wasn't a ridiculous amount of stuff I'd need to take!
I have a Latin exam next Friday and I am so stressed.
Original post by snailsareslimy
Very busy! I definitely feel a step up, one of my modules is certainly more challenging than last semester :tongue:
I'm enjoying it, though :smile: no creative writing is such a plus, though! :biggrin:

I think my timetable makes the beginning of the week busy but the rest is fine. Perhaps it is due to the shorter term that it feels more hectic in comparison to last term?
Glad you are enjoying it :smile:
Essay one is finished and printed off, but it's not due for a few weeks so I may edit it later on as i'm not quite happy with it yet. Have done all the reading for essay two and will start writing it either today or tomorrow. I've done a bit of reading for essay three, but it's proving difficult to find references for it which is worrying as the deadline is approaching quickly now.

Trying not to even think about the further three essays until these are all finished or I will have a break down for certain. :redface:
Okay got a 500 word abstract of my dissertation due in tomorrow along with a detailed chapter plan. Need to get it done sharpish!
i think i need to put my earplugs in. can hear music, cannot tell where from.
I need to finish fridays d-block lecture notes, and last weeks kinetics stuff before i get tired at the kinetics involves quite a bit of maths, then read the lab manual for this week.

Latest

Trending

Trending