The Student Room Group
all motivation gone.

This semester was a disaster.
Original post by *Thedreaming*
all motivation gone.

This semester was a disaster.

Feeling you with the lack of motivation. Just want to not move for the next 2 months!

:frown: really, what happened? Hopefully it'll all work out, I'm sure you've still got essays/exams to do where you can turn it around :smile:
New thread soon :woo:

I really hope that next term goes much better for me :moon:
Original post by cpdavis
New thread soon :woo:

I really hope that next term goes much better for me :moon:

Same, I really need to start revising too, good luck :h:
I meant Mk III :tongue:
Original post by snailsareslimy

Going to bed at 3am and up at 8am?! God, how do you do that?! I'm going to bed now (hopefully sleeping by 2, up at 7.30) and I know I'm going to be wrecked. I envy your ability to not crumble with little sleep :tongue:

Hahah I am actually very bad at it and always manage to look (and feel) like a zombie for the rest of the day. I have two 2 hour lectures and a 1 hour seminar sandwiched in between them and then a committee meeting for a society after and it's more than likely I will fall asleep at some point, in a very inappropriate and unattractive position in at least one of these lectures. But sometimes doing this is the only way I can ensure I don't fall behind my own schedule, so I have to :frown:
Frasier's hair at the beginning of the series :laugh:
Too. Tired.

Teaching 3 classes today then I just have 2 more teaching days left. The sooner Friday arrives, the better!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hopefully today I am going to:
Complete my genetics and inheritance test (I hate genetics, find it dull and boring)
Do some cell biology revision
Do some physiology revision and catch up on missed lectures.
Feel like I spend my life chasing up lecturers here for clarification on what's actually going on. I'm going to appreciate my uni so much more next year :tongue:

Ah well. Think I'm pretty much there on what I have to do now (unless they change their minds, which I bet they'll do about a week before the exam... :tongue:) so there's that at least!

All I'm aiming for today is to translate Aeneid 268-289 to finish off this morning's work, because today is a horrendous day. I'm in lectures until 7, then choir rehearsal 7.30-9.30, and then I'm supposed to be meeting up with some friends for a drink. Gah. Much as I love December it is a busy, busy time!

If only the builders outside would finish whatever it is they're doing (though considering they're doing it to my wall/window I feel a bit like I should know what they're doing...) and leave me alooooone. I want to be able to see something other than tarpaulin out of my window again, and be able to work/sleep in peace and quiet. :moon:
Can't tell whether my headache is a hangover or withdrawal from caffeine.

I may or may not have done something really stupid last night :colondollar:
So, this is possibly the earliest I've been up all week, and it's still later than I was hoping considering the pile of work that needs finishing :frown:

On the plus side, options for next semester go live in about 10 minutes, which means I should hopefully be able to choose some awesome project modules. If anybody else even thinks that they're going to do Akhenaten next term, then they have another thing coming :catfight:
Hell yes! Akhenaten is mine!!! :laugh:

Now I can go and do work. Or go back to sleep for an hour.
Original post by Serentonin
Can't tell whether my headache is a hangover or withdrawal from caffeine.

I may or may not have done something really stupid last night :colondollar:

What did you do? :tongue:
Original post by snailsareslimy
Doing a mass of replies this morning. Can't sleep. Procrastination it is!

Wow, you really went all out on replies haha. Good use of procrastination. :P :biggrin:

I need to get up earlier than 10 am (and not procrastinate until after I have done some GTA V gaming every morning), but I find it so difficult, even if I'm going to bed at 12 or 1! This bed is way too comfy for getting up immediately. :tongue:

Maybe I need to go running. But it's SO COLD. Maybe I should go for a walk instead? But it's still cold. I guess it's time to find my motivation internally. :tongue:

I'm trying out a reward system now. Writing up to a certain point -> I get to play GTA V.
Oh yeah, and find a scanner to finish off an application. I have a good feeling about this one university.
Last night was too funny. Had to purposely waste what little electric we had, in order to get one of our flatmates to put some money on. We were only asking a £5 each which he said he didn't have any then proceeded to pay for the train ( return ticket is like £6 probably) to go to next town over and then spend all night at the pub

Hmmm.

But this morning we were in minus and he put money in.
Original post by me
I'm feeling rather demotivated and constantly tired (who isn't, right?) and my parents, surprise surprise, have suggested I go home this weekend for a change of scenery. But I don't feel like I can. Do you have any other ideas?

this was a terrible idea

I should have stayed in my room
Original post by cpdavis
What did you do? :tongue:

I may have kissed and agreed to a fwb thing with one of my best friends. I'm pretty sure this is not a good idea. :K:
ibtl

10000 :awesome:
Original post by + polarity -
ibtl

10000 :awesome:

lul
u win internet

I got a palindromic number, so I win.

PS - uni is hard.

Latest

Trending

Trending