The Student Room Group

Anyone Studying Management Studies at Uni of Nottingham?

I have a couple of questions, it would be fantastic if anyone here can help me!

- Is there an opportunity to go on a placement year in year 3?
- If so, does the uni help with placements, and is it encouraged or something you would have to figure out on your own?
- Is the business school on the main campus, do any of the lectures/seminars occur elsewhere?
- Are the facilities in the business school good?

Would be fantastic if anyone could answer these questions, and even better if you would be willing to give me a little summary of what life at the uni of nottingham, or more specifically the management studies course, is like!

Cheers! :biggrin:
Reply 1
Original post by MadMike457

- If so, does the uni help with placements, and is it encouraged or something you would have to figure out on your own?
- Is the business school on the main campus, do any of the lectures/seminars occur elsewhere?

Would be fantastic if anyone could answer these questions, and even better if you would be willing to give me a little summary of what life at the uni of nottingham, or more specifically the management studies course, is like!

I'm a first year studying Management with French :h:

Yes, if you want to postpone your studies and then apply for placement years then you are encouraged to do so.

A bit of both - there are loads of employer events (employers on campus/presentations etc), emails, handouts, books and things to help you, however as with all things you need to be proactive yourself. The help is there but the rest is up to you.

The business school is on Jubilee Campus. Jubilee is more modern than UP but it's still as pretty - there's a lovely lake and the buildings are glass and quite pretty.

Yes, I would say they are pretty good. There are 2 libraries on Jubilee - there is a specific business library which contains all the books that you need. There are 24 hour computer rooms as well!

I'm not sure what else you want to know but ask away and I will try and answer :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by natty_d
I'm a first year studying Management with French :h:

Yes, if you want to postpone your studies and then apply for placement years then you are encouraged to do so.

A bit of both - there are loads of employer events (employers on campus/presentations etc), emails, handouts, books and things to help you, however as with all things you need to be proactive yourself. The help is there but the rest is up to you.

The business school is on Jubilee Campus. Jubilee is more modern than UP but it's still as pretty - there's a lovely lake and the buildings are glass and quite pretty.

Yes, I would say they are pretty good. There are 2 libraries on Jubilee - there is a specific business library which contains all the books that you need. There are 24 hour computer rooms as well!

I'm not sure what else you want to know but ask away and I will try and answer :smile:

Thanks so much for answering my questions!

What kind of percentage of people actually opt to take a placement year in industry? Is it high, or is it just a small number?

Also, what accomodation would you recommend, closer to Jubilee campus or is there any accomodation you particularly think someone should go for, maybe more specifically a business student (for whatever reason)?

Thanks so much for replying! :biggrin:
Reply 3

Thanks so much for answering my questions!

What kind of percentage of people actually opt to take a placement year in industry? Is it high, or is it just a small number?

Also, what accomodation would you recommend, closer to Jubilee campus or is there any accomodation you particularly think someone should go for, maybe more specifically a business student (for whatever reason)?

Thanks so much for replying! :biggrin:

I'm not sure about numbers but I have heard a couple of people saying that they might do so :dontknow: If you're worried about all your friends graduating before you - don't forget the management with languages students do 4 year courses too!

Accommodation doesn't matter too much however it is convenient living on Jubilee if you want to roll out of 5 mins before a lecture - however accomodation is catered there and all en-suite. If you live on University Park, you can always use the free hopper bus to get to Jubilee and there is much more choice. However if you want to live in self catered - then there is also this option - I know people who comes to lectures on Jubilee from Broadgate Park and they walk to UP to get the hopper bus. You could also live in Raleigh Park or SPC - which are much nearer to Jubilee. It takes me about 10 mins maximum to walk.

It all really comes down to whether you want to cook for yourself, do you want an en-suite etc? :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4

Hi...
I'm waiting for my last offer to come back but plan to make Nottingham my firm choice for management studies. Any idea's of which accomodation you might take? I never made it up to the campus for a visit so not really sure which to go for as I don't have much to go on...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending