cool

give 2 ways 2 H2 can be obtained.

electrolysis of water
reacting methane with steam
Reply 1582
Original post by otrivine
electrolysis of water
reacting methane with steam

Why is there an exception in the electron configuration of Chromium and copper?
Original post by Bright

because on cr and co due to having 4S1 then the d sub shell gets filled but it has to be 4s1 because of electron which increases stability
Original post by Bright

Reduced electron repulsions means its more stable to have one electron in 4s orbital

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by DavidMRoper
Reduced electron repulsions means its more stable to have one electron in 4s orbital

hi mate how are you :wink: shall we continue asking questions
Reply 1586

Don't know that this answer is acceptable..
The obvious explanation is that chromium takes up this structure because separating the electrons minimises the repulsions between them - otherwise it would take up some quite different structure.
But you only have to look at the electronic configuration of tungsten (W) to see that this apparently simple explanation doesn't always work.

hi mate how are you :wink: shall we continue asking questions

Im very very very stressed out for my physics exam Monday. Trying to meet my Cambridge offer is making me ill! So much pressure, and my parents assume I'm going to do well - so much pressure .

Lying in bed wide awake :L

Im very very very stressed out for my physics exam Monday. Trying to meet my Cambridge offer is making me ill! So much pressure, and my parents assume I'm going to do well - so much pressure .

trust me mate i am in the same position as you it is soo stressing i am killing my self its hard! is your first exam on monday chem is on wednesday
so yes or no you want to revise?
trust me mate i am in the same position as you it is soo stressing i am killing my self its hard! is your first exam on monday chem is on wednesday
so yes or no you want to revise?

Definite no - just trying to tire my eyes so I can get some kip! I've had stats last month - but I've just burnt out and don't care. Just going to see what happens!

Reply 1590

Awww!
I hope you do well!

G495? I feel you bro. I've focused all my revision on physics and haven't done anywhere near enough for chemistry :frown:
Definite no - just trying to tire my eyes so I can get some kip! I've had stats last month - but I've just burnt out and don't care. Just going to see what happens!

Good Luck i wish you all the best of luck :wink::cool:
Original post by lukas1051
G495? I feel you bro. I've focused all my revision on physics and haven't done anywhere near enough for chemistry :frown:

That's exactly what I've done! I've spent so much time working for my subjects, but not actually revised? It's weird, I've not gone partying at weekends, cut down on sport and Xbox - but just haven't taken in the facts!

Thanks everyone! I love this site so much

That's exactly what I've done! I've spent so much time working for my subjects, but not actually revised? It's weird, I've not gone partying at weekends, cut down on sport and Xbox - but just haven't taken in the facts!

I feel like I've reached saturation point with regards to revision... like, I read things, but it doesn't make a difference because there will inevitably be a horrible unpredictable question that's not in the syllabus that screws you over. F325 is notorious for those questions.
I feel like I've reached saturation point with regards to revision... like, I read things, but it doesn't make a difference because there will inevitably be a horrible unpredictable question that's not in the syllabus that screws you over. F325 is notorious for those questions.

how are you? i remember you from D1 how did u find it?

Indeed. Also I feel like I'm done no revision - but I've worked everyday for 3 months! It's weird, maybe the anxiety is masking the facts and it'll be okay in the exam :P

Wishful thinking I know :P

Reply 1598
Guys do you know where I can find more practice questions?
Original post by Bright
Guys do you know where I can find more practice questions?

did u get my quote :wink: :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending