The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Official 2012 Nottingham Trent Firmers!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Eiríkur
Honestly, I can't remember now. The best I can give is "D'ye recall seeing a man with a green jumper and a beard at your interview?" If not, I guess we had different days. :tongue:

Firmed my unconditional for Photography last week. All set now for Trent in October.

im pretty sure there was a dude with a beard :/ other than that, im blank haha! i firmed it whilst it was still conditional-silly me, now im not sure if they will make it unconditional, and then i will have to wait suppper long to get my accomodation sorted :/ ergh!
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by LauraG1992
Yeh I'd do it asap because I emailed them my certificates on 30th March and they changed my offer on 4th April. I'm thinking about either Gill St. or Sandby, really can't decide which though! you? x

had you already firmed when it was conditional? ive sent them now but i want to apply for my accomodation early but i already firmed...etcetc! so confusing :frown:
Original post by frankpants
i know its thoroughly stressing me out! i might just go for gill street and pay the extra, it does look nice to be fair, i quite like bleinheim aswell.

yeahh same here! i was thinking that too, but i'm just not sure. i haven't looked at bleinheim but i've seen on here a few people have said it's in a bit of a dodgey area?
Reply 123
Goldsmiths is really nice, £106 a week for ensuite and opposite the main uni building. They still have freshers reps there! I went to see it a couple of weeks ago booked my room :smile:
Reply 124
Original post by Nicole_C
Goldsmiths is really nice, £106 a week for ensuite and opposite the main uni building. They still have freshers reps there! I went to see it a couple of weeks ago booked my room :smile:

Just curious to know what made you choose goldsmiths, over other halls such as gill street and sandby? :smile:
Reply 125
i firmed it whilst it was still conditional-silly me, now im not sure if they will make it unconditional, and then i will have to wait suppper long to get my accomodation sorted :/ ergh!

i firmed mine when it was still conditional, then sent my a levels off, and they changed it to unconditional within a few days, so if you havent heard anything back yet im sure you will, or maybe give them a ring and ask if you can still apply for accommodation this time around
Original post by Bee14
i firmed mine when it was still conditional, then sent my a levels off, and they changed it to unconditional within a few days, so if you havent heard anything back yet im sure you will, or maybe give them a ring and ask if you can still apply for accommodation this time around

sweet, thankyou for this :smile: you doing photography?
Original post by jessrachlou
yeahh same here! i was thinking that too, but i'm just not sure. i haven't looked at bleinheim but i've seen on here a few people have said it's in a bit of a dodgey area?

its basically right near all the other halls so i dont see any reason why it would be :smile:
Reply 128
haha... TRENT .. lols
Original post by HuyTaa
haha... TRENT .. lols

Please keep it constructive, do not spam the forum.
Reply 130
Does anyone know how long it'll take to get a letter from NTU confirming that you have accepted an offer to study there? Ive had one of UCAS already...
I just firmed for Graphic Design, can't believe I've only just done it, I had to send my certificates off for it to be changed to unconditional too- only got changed yesterday then I come to firm it today and Ucas is under maintenance!!!! Somehow got through the ucas thing and sorted it- but I really want Gill street accommodation and apparently it goes really quickly? Obviously I haven't got my welcome pack yet either so no ID, am stressing out so much!!! Does anyone know if the accommodation opens at midnight on sunday? Cause I need time to phone them for my ID on monday! :'(
Reply 132
anyone know about any bursaries trent are offering?
Reply 133
sweet, thankyou for this :smile: you doing photography?

no worries :smile: and no graphic design
Reply 134
Original post by ChelseaChip
I just firmed for Graphic Design, can't believe I've only just done it, I had to send my certificates off for it to be changed to unconditional too- only got changed yesterday then I come to firm it today and Ucas is under maintenance!!!! Somehow got through the ucas thing and sorted it- but I really want Gill street accommodation and apparently it goes really quickly? Obviously I haven't got my welcome pack yet either so no ID, am stressing out so much!!! Does anyone know if the accommodation opens at midnight on sunday? Cause I need time to phone them for my ID on monday! :'(

hey im doing graphics too :smile: and also really want Gill street, I tried to find out before what time accommodation opens, if its midnight or 9am or something but could find out from anywhere :/ have you tried ringing them up? but I suppose they wont be open on a sunday, i'm going to check at midnight but then if not just do it in the morning sometime, sorry cant really help :/ . I wouldn't worry too much though, I was stressing out cause I really want Gill street, but then if you think about it we've got first choice cause were unconditional and this is the first round of booking, I think its just for people with conditional offers who sometimes dont get their first choice, and you have 11 days to book this time round so i'm sure they'll give you the ID in time, sorry hope this helps! :smile:
Original post by Bee14
hey im doing graphics too :smile: and also really want Gill street, I tried to find out before what time accommodation opens, if its midnight or 9am or something but could find out from anywhere :/ have you tried ringing them up? but I suppose they wont be open on a sunday, i'm going to check at midnight but then if not just do it in the morning sometime, sorry cant really help :/ . I wouldn't worry too much though, I was stressing out cause I really want Gill street, but then if you think about it we've got first choice cause were unconditional and this is the first round of booking, I think its just for people with conditional offers who sometimes dont get their first choice, and you have 11 days to book this time round so i'm sure they'll give you the ID in time, sorry hope this helps! :smile:

Hi :biggrin: Thanks for replying, That's cool, haha seems like we're in the exact same situation then!! Have you got your ID yet? because at the top of a previous letter asking me for interview there is a N0 number and i tried this but the "get your password" thing won't work for it :frown: Ive been desperate to call them all weekend, so frustrating that they're closed!!! I looked everywhere for booking opening times too- impossible to find!
Yep hopefully its 9am then I won't be too behind when booking :biggrin: so worried that its gonna go in 10 seconds haha I need to chill out a bit :')
Reply 136
Original post by ashleyp
anyone know about any bursaries trent are offering?

If your household income is below a certain amount you are entitled to a bursary, but don't worry about applying for it as Trent will automatically award you it based on the SF loan/maintenance you receive, you can get just over a grand a year in two payments, this year one was paid in Febuary and the other will be in May :smile: they will send you a letter in September if you are entitled to it
Reply 137
Still not sure whether to book gill street or sandby tomorrow!! :/ Any thoughts?
Reply 138
Original post by ChelseaChip
Hi :biggrin: Thanks for replying, That's cool, haha seems like we're in the exact same situation then!! Have you got your ID yet? because at the top of a previous letter asking me for interview there is a N0 number and i tried this but the "get your password" thing won't work for it :frown: Ive been desperate to call them all weekend, so frustrating that they're closed!!! I looked everywhere for booking opening times too- impossible to find!
Yep hopefully its 9am then I won't be too behind when booking :biggrin: so worried that its gonna go in 10 seconds haha I need to chill out a bit :')

yeah I got my ID in an e-mail they sent about booking accommodation (just after I firmed), although at the time, I still only had a conditional offer so it told me about that rather than what to do for an unconditional, but since my offers been updated I havent received anything else, so im hoping its just the same number!

oh I didn't look on my interview letter, and I dont think I have it anymore so I cant check to see if its the same number, sorry :/ yeah I think it will open in the morning, so you'll have time to ring haha yeah I'm sure you'll be fine and it will all work out :smile: good luck!
Reply 139
Original post by vn2009
Just curious to know what made you choose goldsmiths, over other halls such as gill street and sandby? :smile:

I was going to go with Gill Street but it was more expensive at £115 a week and when I got the accommodation info through from ntu the other day it said on the form £120 so had gone up and I didn't want to pay that much. Also, Goldsmiths was refurbished last summer so all the kitchens are really nice with sofas, breakfasts bars and are modern which I liked! Another reason was that it's across the road from the building my course is in so pretty much ideal location :smile: The reason I didn't go with Sandby is that there's construction work going on outside and I read on some forums etc that it can be quite disturbing and that the kitchens aren't too big for the amount of people that live in a flat like 12-13 and it isn't really that modern. It is meant to be really good for parties and atmosphere though but just based on those things I personally preffered Goldsmiths :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending