The Student Room Group

The Courtauld Institute of Art

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JessDoll
Well my track hasn't updated yet but the way they worded it sounds like a rejection. No feedback. The thing is I'm on a gap year and have ABB and I loved doing my questionnaire for them

they are very strict on their requirements of AAB though, if you already got ABB and are on your gap year :s
Well my track hasn't updated yet but the way they worded it sounds like a rejection. No feedback. The thing is I'm on a gap year and have ABB and I loved doing my questionnaire for them

I'm so sorry and completely feel your pain. I've just emailed them as well but then I already know what the answer will be... My grades were the highest possible (it sounds awfully pretentious but easier to say than to explain what 6*5 means in the Hungarian system), so it must have been my statement. :frown:
Reply 22

Aww sorry to hear if that is the case. Speaking from experience uni rejections are kind of awful at the time but you'll feel better soon, especially when you realise all the other opportunities available! Where else have you applied? Best of luck :smile:
Original post by chailattelove
I'm so sorry and completely feel your pain. I've just emailed them as well but then I already know what the answer will be... My grades were the highest possible (it sounds awfully pretentious but easier to say than to explain what 6*5 means in the Hungarian system), so it must have been my statement. :frown:

thats weiiiiiiird :s do you know anything that couldve been wrong with your personal statement? :s :s
Original post by thestudentraum
thats weiiiiiiird :s do you know anything that couldve been wrong with your personal statement? :s :s

I don't, so I'm just guessing... It was good enough to get me an interview at Cambridge and though I was rejected after interview (and pool), I didn't really mind as for God's sake, I won't be depressed over not being good enough for Cambridge.
However, now it's a lot worse and I find it really hard to get over it. As I just don't understand.
So, everyone that has a Courtauld interview was informed today? My UCAS still says nothing so I sould anticipate rejection fairly soon? Great :frown:
Original post by arthistory94
So, everyone that has a Courtauld interview was informed today? My UCAS still says nothing so I sould anticipate rejection fairly soon? Great :frown:

its by email not through ucas
Nothing yet, this is just making me sad waiting for rejection to come :frown:
Reply 28
So nervous about the interview... written assesement sounds terrifying! Does anybody know more specifically what it entails? I've not done art history before as a subject so I'm conerned that I wouldn't be able to be give any insight into it :/
Reply 29
I haven't studied art history either :smile: so don't worry that doesn't put you at a disadvantage. It sounds like the images to compare could be absolutely anything so I guess we just have to give it our best!
I firmed a couple of days ago! Has anyone got an email/ letter about accommodation yet?
Original post by raisingmirrors
I firmed a couple of days ago! Has anyone got an email/ letter about accommodation yet?

They said they'd send them out in early May. I haven't heard anything yet though.. anyone have any updates?
Yep, was supposed to be Early May so anytime soon I reckon!

Does anyone know if accommodation is guaranteed? On my open day the students pretty much gave the impression that there are enough spaces? I do hope so!

Exciting stuff however!!! Kinda wish there was a Courtauld Facebook Freshers thread, a handful of my other friends have been invited to these groups for their University places!
Reply 33
Hi guys, I confirmed my place in feb but still no accommodation info? I emailed them and they replied 'we have received your deposit and will get back to you with accommodation info in the Next 3 weeks' strange because I haven't put any deposits in!! I assume the forms will come in soon though?
I've joined a new courtauld students group on Facebook but there's only 3 of us in it at the moment! http://www.facebook.com/groups/268293676582454/ xxxx
Reply 34
hi guys, i firmed my place at the courtauld in feb but still no news about accomm! i emailed them cos i was worried and they replied 'we confirm we have received you deposit and you will be sent accommodation packs in the next 3 weeks' which i think was a mistake because ive sent no deposits!! i read on the website that the closing date for accomm applications is mid june so maybe they will send them out soon and give us 2 weeks or so to fill them in.
Also i've joined a counrtauld 12/13 freshers group on facebook .. http://www.facebook.com/groups/268293676582454/
xxxx
Reply 35
Umm... I don't think that is the Courtauld page, I'm afraid. No one named Spencer Cole goes to the Courtauld. Basically our SU takes ages to get our **** together, so the group is something that has yet to materialise. Also, our Registry is notoriously slow and late with everything, and as we are entering exams now, I expect that housing will be delayed.
Eeeek! Got the Welcome Pack by email yesterday... so exciting! x
Hey everyone, this is a bit out of the blue but I wonder if anyone knows what painting this is??

http://www.gamingforce.org/staff/acer/sillymasque/Masque%20Image1.jpg (That's not me by the way...)

It's one of the 'masks' on my webcam and it's been bugging me!
St Sebastian by Raphael 1502! How I know that baffles me... x
Awesome, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest