The Student Room Group

Occupational Therapy Cumbria uni

Hello! I have my interview coming up for OT at Cumbria (Lancaster campus) just wondering if there's anyone on here that had already done the interview? That can run me through what happens 😁😬😬😬😬 so I am as prepared as possible. Very nervous!
Or if anyone has any interview tips for uni etc please comment 😁😁😁😁🩷
Original post by Alicew199684
Hello! I have my interview coming up for OT at Cumbria (Lancaster campus) just wondering if there's anyone on here that had already done the interview? That can run me through what happens 😁😬😬😬😬 so I am as prepared as possible. Very nervous!

There are some tips on the following link on how to prep for a healthcare interview:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7418316
Hello!
I haven’t applied to Cumbria but have had interviews and offers for all my 4 choices. Is your interview online? All mine were and I actually preferred that!

I was so nervous, but each interview had predominantly the same questions, just a few different approaches. For example Cardiff gave me a case study before the interview to discuss.

Mostly, they ask why do you want to study OT, any skills you have (talk about hobbies, extracurriculars and the skills you have learnt that will be good for studying OT at uni and also being an OT) and some had questions such as ‘tell me about a time you found difficult’ (for example, you could talk about balancing a level workloads and stress management techniques you have used). I actually didn’t have any questions on any work experience/paid jobs etc but there was room for me to talk about it!

The key things are

know why you want to do the course

know the facilities of the uni/why the uni interests you (not just for OT but in general too)

be able to show that you have transferable skills

ask questions at the end (even if it’s - what do current students think of the course here?)

have notes available if you feel like you need them - i did and it was helpful!

and relax - honestly, I had a few brain freeze moments in one interview but still got an offer!

Good luck, I hope everything goes well for you!!
Reply 3
Original post by Ygreenbeans
Hello!
I haven’t applied to Cumbria but have had interviews and offers for all my 4 choices. Is your interview online? All mine were and I actually preferred that!

I was so nervous, but each interview had predominantly the same questions, just a few different approaches. For example Cardiff gave me a case study before the interview to discuss.

Mostly, they ask why do you want to study OT, any skills you have (talk about hobbies, extracurriculars and the skills you have learnt that will be good for studying OT at uni and also being an OT) and some had questions such as ‘tell me about a time you found difficult’ (for example, you could talk about balancing a level workloads and stress management techniques you have used). I actually didn’t have any questions on any work experience/paid jobs etc but there was room for me to talk about it!

The key things are

know why you want to do the course

know the facilities of the uni/why the uni interests you (not just for OT but in general too)

be able to show that you have transferable skills

ask questions at the end (even if it’s - what do current students think of the course here?)

have notes available if you feel like you need them - i did and it was helpful!

and relax - honestly, I had a few brain freeze moments in one interview but still got an offer!

Good luck, I hope everything goes well for you!!

Thank you so much!! Really helpful x
Reply 4
Original post by Alicew199684

Hi Alice. Good luck with your interview. I have applied for physiotherapy and have an online assesment to complete first. Did you have to do this?
Reply 5
Original post by RichyV
Hi Alice. Good luck with your interview. I have applied for physiotherapy and have an online assesment to complete first. Did you have to do this?

Hiya! No I've not got an online assessment to do. Good luck for yours

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending