The Student Room Group

Camberwell portfolio review???

I have my portfolio review at Camberwell on Wednesay (2 days time) and have no idea how to lay out my portfolio! Some people I have spoken to have said you have to mount photos of everything on a specific size paper but take no actual work and others say to take your actual work. So confused! Does anyone whos been before know how your actually meant to do it? Thankyou xx
Reply 1
Original post by mlblueberry
I have my portfolio review at Camberwell on Wednesay (2 days time) and have no idea how to lay out my portfolio! Some people I have spoken to have said you have to mount photos of everything on a specific size paper but take no actual work and others say to take your actual work. So confused! Does anyone whos been before know how your actually meant to do it? Thankyou xx

Depends what course you are applying for - if its painting, definitely include actual work as texture/surface are very important - if its photograpy it could be all photos mounted! If its sculpture and you happen to have a small sculpture - bring it in, otherwise photos are fine. Do what you feel represents you work the best.

Mount on white A1, less is more on each page - dont cram too much on a page, one or two good pics are better than loads. Dont use plastic covers, the light reflects and makes the work hard to see. Bring in some sketchbooks to show development (3-5).

Dont panic aboutr the interview, I did a painting interview and they were really nice, basically just asked my to talk them through my work. Good luck!
Reply 2
Thankyou!
Reply 3
Hi, I just read that you had a painting interview! How did that go? I have mine on Tuesday and I’m worried because I haven’t mounted anything onto specific surfaces (only two normal sketchbooks are being brought in), and I have two A1 paintings! I have their small prints also but will I be allowed such large work for the interview and if not then what should I do! What questions do they ask and is it difficult to get in? Please let me know ASAP !!!Thanks so much

Quick Reply

Latest